Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 05:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

Wow this is the last Friday of the year !!
My FIL is coming up today though found out last night he won't be leaving until 5 so won't get here till 10 or 11 pm
Hmm I joked to him it is a 4 hour drive are you taking the backroads **shakes head**

We are meeting our Sunday breakfast friends for breakfast today instead of Sunday because of NY & our company
After I want to stop at the sprint store I think I have worn my business cellphone out,the battery doesn't hold a charge and i goes into roaming a lot
I found out I can do a early upgrade for $55 so I asked CD if I can do this and get a new phone even if it costs up to $100
lol I said it can be my xmas gift
He said ok

I still have to wrap FIL's gifts Hubby finished his bowl I will have to take pictures this one is really cool because he used 3 kinds of wood

Bank run this afternoon after I drop my friend at work

yikes looks like another busy busy day

hmmm maybe one of my resolutions should be "scheduling update"
lol hubby calls it something else

What fun running around things are you up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

Just got back from my morning walk, I believe I walked 3 miles although I have not confirmed the route I took today by driving it My goal is to stick with 3 miles until it is easy for me and then do a few waist exercises that I am going through magazines to find. Hopefully by next summer I will have a toned belly and not be hiding the little pouch

I looked on Microsoft last night to find the root of my problem, their answer.........I downloaded a fake virus software. I don't know how this is possible being as I went to their site and downloaded what appeared to be the correct software but I will take it off my computer and start over. Hubby just said to pay for our old virus wear but I am not going to pay 90.00 for something that is free!

Never got our snow mix yesterday and I am hoping that holds for todays prediction. I have to work from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm and my ride north afterwards will be pretty tricky that late at night. Still predicting snowstorm on New Years Day though and I do have to work that......guess I best get used to Michigan winter driving!

Have a great day all.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, all!

Karla, you've been a busy gal! Sounds like your FIL drives like me....lots of stops along the way!

Sandy, I hear ya, girl. It won't take you long to get used to the 3 miles.

Got a great deal at Publix yesterday. Wandered in to get some bread and took a walk by the meat dept. to check out the price of prime rib, which we usually have for our NY's dinner. They didn't have any, but I noticed some fresh turkeys hanging out in the bin and decided to see what they were charging, since they were $1.59/lb. for T'giving and Christmas. They went down to $.59/lb. Such a deal! You should have seen Len's face when I came walking down the aisle, dragging a turkey! When I told him the price, we went and got a 2nd one! So it's turkey tomorrow night.

Walked a little over 3 miles today with 1/2 hour of weights in between. I lucked out and was the only one there this a.m. It's such a small room that people get in each other's way.

DH did probably 5 miles today.

OK, gotta run to OOH then get going on my projects. I'm making pea soup for dinner tonight and am going to start putting some of the decorations away. I'll leave the tree up till the day after NY's, just in case we have one too many at Marty and Dick's NY's Day party!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Okay trojan gone and computer up and running again. I was talking to T and we both think Bob gets these virus' from his poker site and are going to lay down the law about his computer usage! Good luck to me

Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
I feel like I haven't done any exercise since Christmas, and I know I've eaten more than I was eating before the Holidays approached. I was proud of how I did for Thanksgiving, but I haven't done as well for Christmas.

I do think I have gone for one walk since Christmas. I did a short workout with an exercise show with our "on demand" feature on TV but I think that was a few days before Christmas. It's time for me to get moving again!

Fortunately, my daughter wrote the grocery list for me yesterday and she put down some healthy foods on it, hopefully that will help me to get back on track!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 AM

Yep lots of yogurt and fruit in the fridge here, health 2012 here I come!

Freezing stuff is beginning, I am not going to be a happy camper going into work tonight

Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
I want to hear more about free anti-virus downloads and waist/tummy exercises!

I've been trying to compile a series of "core" exercises that I like, so if you find some that you really like, please let me know!

I also don't think I have proper protection on my PC and i've been procrastitating about getting it. I don't want to spend any $$ either.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Hi all, I'm onmy new laptop--can you tell? Sandy the reason why you can't tell it's a fake download is because it looks totally legit, you have to really check around and see what you're clicking. Do some research into the poker sites and see if there are reports of them being malicious. You can always do a system restore too. Do you have CCleaner on your computer? It isn't an antivirus or anything but it really gets rid of a lot of junk. I have Avira anti-virus. It's free and works well. I also have Superantispyware and malware bytes--not on here yet tho.

Well, I am going to get scooting, just trying to get a little used to using this!

Maybe I can find some exercises on here since it's such slim pickings now on VOD's exercisetv. looking4answers--did they take yours off too?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Connie where do you get the CCleaner from, I have seen some people on here talk about it. The Microsoft is supposed to be the best, I don't think I downloaded anything I think Bob got it by reading his spam or by the game he playes, it is through FB. I am going to tell him he can't use it anylonger because that is what he says he was doing when the alert came up. When I was finally able to scan my computer it said it was fakeallert something, a trojan. If I have any more problems with this sofware I may consider switching to something else, I swear after he downloaded a terminal virus a few years back you would think he would learn?????

Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
I do think it is possible that you clicked on the wrong thing. Billy actually did that when he was putting something on the laptop, it was the right site, but right in there, smack dab in the middle it said download--and that was the phony one! If your hubby is going to websites that have viruses or malware, someone will know--type in the name of the site in a search engine--not the web address, just the name of the site. A list of results will show up and you can see what others are saying. Here is something I just found, look through this and see if his are on it.

MalWare Removal • View topic - Poker Sites that are a Gamble

If you use mozilla/firefox consider installing this adblocking addon--it is fantastic!: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/

CCleaner [originally called Crap Cleaner-little useless triva there!) is here:

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

There is also a defragmenter you can get from them that is also free. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Oh Karla, I also wanted to say that Billy went to the Sprint store up here to trade in his 'old' phone and he bought a Samsung Galaxy--it is super nice! It's bigger than his last one, and so far, he is really liking it!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 12-30-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals