Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times

Advertisements

She has diverticulosis or 'itis (I forget which) and sis said she'd eaten raisins. NOt a good thing. I'm pretty sure she doesn't do iron supplements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,494,089 times
I just meant that's how it is with them, one extreme or the other.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,203,991 times
I have that to Pattie and it is no fun when it acts up, hugs for Mom

Believe it or not Connie I have real cute long underware! I put them on yesterday and said "YES" this is what we are talking about.

Oh Pattie it is itis.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
Morning ladies

Well yesterday was a very productive day. I got a lot done on my to do list

Th Dr gave me a script for a allergy spray and said to try allegra if the zyterc isn't enough
Then she nailed me for bloodwork sigh
I did ask her about what a good vitamin would be since I and such a crappy eater. well then she decided to add extra blood tests to check my vitamin D & B12 levels

oh then she commented on my weight loss. Even though I explained how the surgery kicked started it and how I have been cutting out the junk which got it where it is
So then she added a thyroid test to the blood test "just to be sure"

I will schedule it the same day I schedule the mamo

Pattie I know a couple friends who have diverticulitis they can't eat things like strawberries or raspberries

Sending feel better wishes to Mom Bronchitis especially up in the "tundra" is not fun

Sandy yay on the new girl grandbaby !!! We need some girls,everyone I have come across lately has had boys

CD's best friend in TX also just had a boy oh I forgot to tell you I got to meet & play with the baby while I was out there such a cutie !!!

Connie I can't wait until I get my shoulder strong enough to try kickboxing It seems like such a great stress reliever. lol a "take this" kind of workout

Lisa the woman I teach with has 4 or 5 beehives I am not a big honey fan but I have tasted hers. I get bottles from her to give to my MIL

Amber welcome !! Nice to have you join us

Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 AM

The fruit does not seem to bother me, what does is raisins, nuts, and popcorn! The doctor said anything which could get lodged into the "pockets" and cause an infection is off limits. Most of the time it does not bother me at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,304,317 times
Karla-Geez...don't you love when they keep adding tests. Vitamin D deficiency is the new next big thing

Are you feeling run down? You sure don't sound that way and that's usually when they want to test for Vitamin D and B-12. The Vit. D test is expensive.

Hubby is on both. I am on thyroid medication. Don;t you love getting older, lol.

Too bad you didn't love closer to my old area. The people who bought our last house own bloodwork labs and I could get you a deal

Old 01-31-2012, 05:52 AM

Lisa I think my insurance covers all the tests but I am going to be sure before they take them

I think you are right about the D being the new "thing" my girls day friend was tested and told hers was low

lol the DR said the same thing about the B12 she said you do seem to have lots of energy

Old 01-31-2012, 05:54 AM

Lol Lisa!

When I was in AL my doctor had attended a seminar which told how to bill the insurance companies so they would pay for the Vitamin D test, mine was low and she prescribed vitamin D pills! Even with prescription insurance I paid 50.00 for the vitamin and then never took them. One of my friends told me to sit outside in the sun for free vitamin D (only about 20 minutes a day tho), made sense to me!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 AM

I have said the same thing about sun & vitamin D

Plus I told her I love milk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals