Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,049,222 times

Advertisements

I know your going to rock and knock their socks off even though it is kinda just a paperwork day
We can't wait to hear how it goes

Tuesday to Thursday is a pretty nice schedule

Hubby went downtown to the office to finish the turning off of the old servers (the new ones are now in Georgia)
He will only be gone a couple hours

I will be reconciling the books for last week
They kicked butt yesterday When I spoke to my manager she told me they had lots of orders called in. I guess folks wanting wings & stuff for the game
We had our best Sunday numbers in a long time

I may go out later and wash the car yikes it is covered with yellow pollen I guess the blue color shows it more than the silver did

heck maybe this will help to bring rain

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,206,720 times
Morning all and thank you Karla, I am sure I will meet everyone today!

I did really good on yellow dot and sales yesterday, I got 3 pair of dress slacks and 4 sweaters for 51.00! I'm done now, I figure with what I have and what I got I am real good besides two pair of shoes.

I have to get ready for work right now and when I get back I will do some exercise, I'll be back after that to let you all know what it is.

Something about Superbowl and chicken works Karla, bet you will have those numbers on 4th of July too

Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,215,946 times
Karla, I'm so proud of you trying veggies. Congratulations.

Sandy, you rock!

Oh, not a good day for me today. I discovered that one of my nice bracelets that hubby gave me is missing off my arm. I just got back from following my morning walk (about 3miles) and also checked the weight room (where I spent 35 min.) and asked at the front desk if anyone had turned it in. I drove in the golf cart most of the way, but had to re-walk the walking path, so I figure I did almost 4 miles today. HUbster did about 5. Gawd, I hate that I lost that. I've been all over the house, too. My next try is out in the tomato garden. Maybe I lost it yesterday and didn't notice it till today.

Fingers crossed for my Mom. She's got her return catscan this a.m.

Hugs, all.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 PM

HI!

Sue said to say "Hi" to everyone.

I have to say I have honestly met some of the nicest people working with lawyers, now I don't want to be premiture but everyone at the new firm seems real nice and helpful. Doug is a keeper! Spent 1 hour there and was "introduced" to my work area, not the floor but the biggest work desk I have ever had. Lol the secretary I will be working with said "Good you will need all that work space with the paperwork you are going to get". Sounds like my type of job

I worked out with Denise just because I was pressed for time after work and grocery shopping. 25 minutes with her and I was ready to clean, clean, which is what I have been doing.

This was just a quick break so I will see everyone later.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,499,205 times
How cool for you Sandy! I am sure a lot of that is thanks to you being you, too.

today I did that crazy cardio kickboxing one from lesmills.com. It is actually an MMA workout, and I felt great after I finished it! You just don't have time to think about how hard you're working because you have to concentrate on the moves that they're doing and try to keep up!

Here's an example of a burpee. When I say you go into plank position, I mean push-up position. http://looklikeanathlete.com/wp-cont...s-exercise.jpg

All the youtube videos of it are people doing extra stuff in them. [showing off! ]

Have a good day all.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM

Aaawwww gosh thank you Connie And if I did that work out you all would be hearing about me in the ortho part of the local hospital

Pattie I re-read your post, good thoughts to Mom today I am positive that she will come out with flying colors. Funny my Dad had spots on his lungs too, had them since WWII, nothing ever came from them just stayed the same. Hope by now you have found your bracelet.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 PM

No word yet on Mom's test. She sees the dr. next week, so, unless something major is showing, we probably won't hear till then.

Sandy, you may have found your home. Yippee!!! I'm so happy for you; you certainly deserve it.

I have to add 3 miles onto my walking today. My neighbor and I re-walked my route again. So I walked a total of 7 miles, I figure - my original 3, 1 for walking the path the time I took the golf cart out and then the 2nd 3. Whew!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,499,205 times
But-did you find your bracelet? Maybe if you retrace your path at night with a flashlight, you might catch a flash off it when the light hits it?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 AM

No, didn't find it. We had quite the downpour here yesterday afternoon. I figure one of several things happened: 1) someone picked it up; 2) an animal that likes shiny things picked it up (raccoon, squirrel, blue jay, etc.); 3) it got washed away with the rain; or 4) it's hanging out somewhere around the house. We usually start our walk in the semi dark, so maybe something will catch my eye this a.m.

Can't sleep. Squeaker woke us up about 45 min. ago, throwing up.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,049,222 times
Morning ladies

Pattie sorry you didn't find the bracelet yet, I lost one once and found it inside the nightgown I had take off earlier that morning. It had gotten caught.
Does anyone there have a metal detector? you know the kind folks use on the beach. You might scan the area you walked as well as around your house.

No word on the scans might be a good thing because if they saw something they didn't like they would call her back in immediately

Sandy- sounds like a great place to work. I am so glad everyone was friendly and welcoming.
Very jealous on the great deals you found. I heard the stores around here are having major sales on the winter stuff since we had no winter. But I don't need warm clothes heck I haven't been able to hardly wear the few things I got a few months ago.

I pulled out a pair of shorts from last year to wear this weekend when it got really warm lol I could pull them off without undoing the button or zipper
Hopefully there will be some pre-summer sales

Connie Now that I saw the picture I think I remember doing those squat things back in school.
I don't think the shoulder is strong enough yet to try them but once it is I will lol I have a feeling they will provide endless amusement for anyone watching
I am not the most corroborated person

Woo hoo Got all my paperwork done and books reconciled and everything on my to do list done

Finished reading the book I started Sunday I was recharging the batteries for what I know is going to be a crazy day today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals