Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times

Advertisements

Afternoon ladies

ooo I have doggie bone cookie cutters i got them years ago and never used them Now I can yay !!! I bet our kids would love them

Well back from the DR of course having P.P. (physician phobia) my blood pressure was 147/85 but I had then retake it right before I left and it was 127/80

Bloodwork not to bad
the bad cholesterol was a little high
the good a little low it was 44 and 50 is normal for women
weird thing is my triglycerides were 133 which is very low normal is 155
Sugar was 100 which she said is perfect
Considering the amounts of carbs I eat she was really kinda surprised the last 2 weren't higher

ok now this had us both laughing my B12 is very low 187 and normal is 400 -1100 why we were laughing is because as she said "you have so much energy I never would of thought it would be low
Plus I don't have any of the "symptoms"

So she wants me to take liquid B12 that you put under your tongue she said ti is much more effective because it doesn't dissipate by the time it goes through your stomach & intestines

Connie - she said one of the symptoms was sores on the tongue & mouth when she said this I thought of what you have been going trough Have they checked your B12 levels ?

She also wants me to take omega 3 because I never eat the food that supplies this

The allergy test showed very high for dust mites um isn't this somethign you have no control over

They are going to retest in 3 months

No real rain today just kinda of misty gray they "say" tomorrow we will really get some (yeah not holding my breath)

We met our Sunday breakfast friends for lunch had a buy one get one free at Mimis Cafe

Connie hubby "considered" doing the re-drywalling in the garage himself
Yeah that wasn't happening there are people who do that for a living that can get it done 8 times a fast

Pattie I am telling you I am going to call for a quote when we repaint the house

Sandy I was always bumping into things when I was little because I was always rushing.

ok let me go throw the laundry from the washer to the dryer

Oh not sure if any of you ladies use purex laundry stuff but walgrees has it on sale till Sunday for $1.99 a bottle (normally $4.99)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,494,089 times
I don't have sores on my tongue, I have a SORE tongue!!! Yikes!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:24 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,203,991 times
Well hugs to you Connie, that could not have been a very good feeling seeing hubby on the kitchen floor I hate it when they find no "medical reason" for something happening! Well it was 44 degrees at noon today but right now it is snowing and sticking. I am glad I got my walk in early because I won't be out tomorrow.

I guess my Jesse's parents may have sold their log home in the wilderness of Michigan UP, selling quite a bit of property with it too. They will be headed to FL after all is said and done, Chris will be able to get an RN job down there and I guess Dave will be a handyman with his own business. Seriously girls this man is really talented, builds log homes from scratch, just can't make a living in the UP any longer. I think Jesse is rather sad that his parents will move down south but I told Kim "free vacation" every year
Gotta go, have a good night all!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM

It was nasty. But, they let him out, which is good I guess. Anyway, the drywall isn't severe, there are a couple spots on the kitchen wall where the paint peeled back and he said it had been wet-like there had been some leakage at some point thanks to our ancient roof[?]. It just needs to be patched a little. I just know how these projects go. It took him the entire length of the dubya administration to put the closet doors on in the living room...not that you could notice or anything.........

As for the tongue, it is like when food hits it, there's this roaring kind of pain on my tongue, and my ear really hurts too, I can't explain it because it is so unusual. There aren't sores on there, that's gross, and it is something they could diagnose, because they could SEE it. This might be nerve related.

I like the way you think Sandy! Especially up in that cold cold UP, Florida will be sweet about mid January!

Oh, Billy just sent me a picture from the Dallas aquarium, unfortunately it is WAY oversized, gonna try to fix it so I can see what the heck it is. Don't even know if he got his Valentine's package or not, and he doesn't know about his father's deal.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-17-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Will he work for food? And how does he feel about busses?
That may be something you'd have to negotiate with him, Connie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Well hugs to you Connie, that could not have been a very good feeling seeing hubby on the kitchen floor I hate it when they find no "medical reason" for something happening! Well it was 44 degrees at noon today but right now it is snowing and sticking. I am glad I got my walk in early because I won't be out tomorrow.

I guess my Jesse's parents may have sold their log home in the wilderness of Michigan UP, selling quite a bit of property with it too. They will be headed to FL after all is said and done, Chris will be able to get an RN job down there and I guess Dave will be a handyman with his own business. Seriously girls this man is really talented, builds log homes from scratch, just can't make a living in the UP any longer. I think Jesse is rather sad that his parents will move down south but I told Kim "free vacation" every year
Gotta go, have a good night all!
Do you know where in FL they're going??? Things are still a bit slow on the jobs recovery our way, but I do believe nurses are in demand, what with all the geezers living down here.

Karla, that'd be interesting if he took the job painting your house.

I just found out that this really neat little lady who sits at our table for Sat. coffees passed away yesterday. That makes 3 who've died since I joined the group. FIrst, the guy whose garden got mowed down by the HOA, then my boyfriend Tom and now Veronica. Bummer. SHe was 95 and always had a smile and dressed to the 9's. SHe was at the table last week, looked great. I guess that's the way to go. Quick.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,203,991 times
Gosh Pattie I guess that is one of the downfalls of living in a 55+ community, good thing is you and hubby have quite a few years until you reach the 90's. But still sad to have friends go tho I think Kim said Crystal Springs, I know Chris (J's Mom) told me that she really likes the Clearwater area and that is somewhere near there, I think?

Connie is the antibiotic not working this time?

Karla just take a good vitamin and you will be getting all you need.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM

It is helping, I think, but not completely, but it's been a week and he gave me 21 days worth, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed--but I just hate to think that it will come back full force once I'm off them again. I hate taking those humongous Motrin pills and the other stuff too. My system isn't liking it too much.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,862,689 times
  • Cycling (stationary):
    • 1:02:00 || 17 mph (+661 pts)
    • 0:31:05 || 17 mph (+309 pts)
    • 0:17:00 || 17 mph (+159 pts)
  • Walked up the stairs (in lieu of the elevator):
    • 1 floors (+5 pts)
    • 1 floors (+5 pts)
    • 1 floors (+5 pts)
    • 1 floors (+5 pts)
    • 1 floors (+5 pts)
  • Barbell Bench Press:
    • 155 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
    • 155 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
  • Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:
    • 110 lb x 10 reps (+32 pts)
    • 110 lb x 15 reps (+34 pts)

Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
morning ladies

Connie I hope the antibiotic helps
/smack I don't know why I thought it was sores not sore guess keeping my glasses on while reading helps

I am with you on the gimondo pills the calcium & omega 3 ones are gimondo

Pattie so sorry to hear of your friends passing
I hadn't realized the wide spread age range of folks living there

Sandy Crystal Springs has a really cool river where folks go tubing and see lots of manatees

I don't think it is that far from us so when you come down we can possibly get together

Old 02-18-2012, 11:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
OMG, it was a false rumor. Veronica walked into the coffee social this morning - alive and well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals