Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times

Advertisements

lol that would be School bells
We didn't get a email telling us not to come (they are prepping for the major testing coming up)

Not sure what class is about today so I guess the kids won't be the only one surprised

I have to stop on my way home at the imaging place (I have to have a cat scan tomorrow morning so they can try & figure out where this abdominal pain is coming from) so I have to pick up this stuff I have to drink 1/2 hours before the test (which is at 7)

I am gong to be in the exercise room this afternoon

Whats on your lists for today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,212,720 times
Karla, I didn't know you were having pain. Best of luck.

Did a good 3 miles and 30 min. weights this morning. Yay me!

I should do a little housework. The renting neighbors next door are leaving Sunday, so we're having them over to dinner tomorrow night. I should be cleaning floors right now, but I'm not. Maybe after I visit OOH.

Len and I were very, very bad yesterday. He wanted to drive up to Punta Gorda to check out the HOme Depot there, so we went to the Golden Corral for dinner. OMG, I ate everything I wasn't supposed to - mashed taters w/gravy, a fried chicken wing, deep fried shrimp, meatloaf, white bread, and....wait for it.....coconut cream pie. Soooo good. But soooo bad!

OK, I'm feeling guilty....time to say hi at OOH and then do some work. CYL

Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,773 times
Wow we are a small group today!

Well I got a little walk in today, we went out to lunch (the group of us that work on the Medicare set asides), was a nice walk if not kinda breezy. Lunch was somewhere I have never been before, called Kitchen 24, I had a nice spinich salad, others had the lobster rolls, pizza, and asian rolls. Everything looked good, my salad was great

Pattie don't feel bad, you don't eat like that everyday, and man oh man it sounds like a wonderful dinner.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,497,161 times
Today I did 2 short upper body workouts. That is all for today. The nurse practitioner gave me some more things to try, including switching to almond or rice milk, avoiding gluten, taking a tums and taking probiotics [she gave ms some samples] on days I don't eat yogurt-OH and to start taking whey protein. She doesn't like keeping people on stuff like prilosec [which I am grateful to know] because it affects digestion and gut health.

Spinach salad sounds good, Sandy! It's fun trying new restaurants.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,773 times
I love spinach Connie, lol I just looked at my post..........hummm do I spell much???

I'm glad they are looking into other options for you, I'm not real big on doctors who write out lots of scripts.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times
morning ladies

Pattie I love Golden Corral !! My favorite is the pot roast & the yeast rolls
The cobbler is really good too
I did notice last time we were there that they are offering more "specialty" type foods like Asian stir fry and things like that I guess they are trying to compete with sit down restaurants
I guess it is getting close to the "snowbirds" returning up north
Wow it just seems like yesterday that they came down

Sandy Thats nice that you all had lunch together it is a great way to get to know your co-workers
Thats one of the things I miss working from home not to mention I am the only staff so it would be a lonely lunch

Connie make sure you get the vanilla flavor almond milk
I bought a container of the regular one thinking this is going to taste just like a almond joy without the chocolate
Yeah right tasted like I was sucking on almond skins

My good friend is gluten intolerant she has a site that tells here gluten free items I will see if I can find it
ok this is the FB link https://www.facebook.com/glutenfreehomemaker
it has all sorts of suggestion and even recipes

Well school was interesting we "harvested" the lettuce & carrots from the garden and all the kids had salads

I picked up the stuff I have to drink this morning holy moly it is 2 big bottles the girl said "it taste like a smoothie but you can drink a little water to help get it down"
hmmm conflicting words there lol it if tastes like a smoothie why would you need water to get it down

I have to drink the first one in 30 mins and the 2nd at 7:30
lol I will let you know

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,497,161 times
Tastes like a smoothie-right. The worst smoothie you ever had in your LIFE! Just like the nurse practitioner telling me mixing vanilla flavored whey protein w/OJ tastes like a creamsickle. I said, sure it does...

I don't think I have any gluten intolerance, she's just sort of trying to try different things to see if any of it works. But wheat is the gluten culprit and I thought people were supposed to eat more whole grain stuff. This is all just ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals