Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Cinco de Mayo

Today I have to mow before lil ralphie gets lost in the grass

I also want to put the 8 Texas Sage plants we bought yesterday into the newly cleared bed
I am going to check the sprinkler heads first to see if they need to be moved

it is going to be 93 today so I am going to head out early

They are saying we have a chance of rain tomorrow so I may wash the car to increase the chances

What fun things are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning all!

I just got back from a nice long walk and it is sure pretty up here right now!

My day will be the usual Saturday stuff with grocery shopping thrown in and a trip to the library. I have to go to Meijer and get a baby car seat, tomorrow is Becka's first shower and that is what I am getting her for it. I also have quite a bit of baby clothes that I have been buying all along, but I think I will have them come to dinner so they can pick up that stuff. Such cute little baby girl clothes

Gotta get and see what is happening in cyber world, I'll stop back later.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:37 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning!!!

Busy busy week here. I spent a lot of time at the library. First the meeting. Then a few hours one morning setting up for the book/bake sale. I got a preview and some great deals on some books Then yesterday I worked the first shift which is the most hectic short for the book sale. I really enjoyed it and see more library volunteering in my future

I needed up making Magic Bars, which I didn't care for:roll eyes:, banana crumb muffins, and Rasberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars for the bake sale. I really liked the Rasberry Oatmeal bars and they were very easy to make

DH and I also bought a new vacuum....a Shark Lift away. The suction was great and the noise level was good....but I hated the lift away feature and the extra attachment for reaching didn't fit under my bed We returned that vacuum yesterday and bought the original Shark Navigator and I love it. SO far so good.

We are supposed to clean out the motorhome, and wash and wax it. It's time to get it road ready Unfortunately it rained this morning so I don't know if we can get the outside work done. I need to finsh the mowing and the weed eating.

Oh well...we can work on the new shelf and rod for our closet....and then I can organize

On a good note....my garden is very happy I have lots of lettuce and spinach almost ready to eat. The peas and strawberries are doing well. My green beans and cucumbers are just starting to pop. I love watching the new seedlings pop through the ground

OK....time to get moving. Have a great day!!!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Karla, you might want to check this out--might be able to grab a few goodies to go along with your project! Overstock.com You should see a coupon thing and inventory reduction on kitchen and dining room stuff. They have everything, and all of it is 2.95 shipping--somehow!

Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, gang.

Lisa, I like magic bars. You can send them to me.

Tired.

I was sound asleep at 5:30 this a.m. (which is rare). That is, until DH decided to start talking to one of the cats. Thank you.

also ticked.

I decided, since it's 90 degrees out there, that a nice, cool dinner would work. So I already have the ham in the fridge, so I'll slice some of that. I made a nice brown rice salad (tastes a lot better than it sounds) and decided to make some deviled eggs to use up some of the eggs from the cookie day. Got the eggs cooked, peeled, made the filling and even piped it into the whites using a zip loc bag. Put them in my little egg holder thingy, sprinkled them with paprika and grabbed the bottle of dried chives to sprinkle on there, too. Happened to notice that the paprika looked like it was moving. Well, come to find out, after all that work, that the chives had these little red bugs all thru them. Had to throw all that hard work out the door. Not a happy camper. So we're having raw veggies w/dip, olives and pickles instead. Bummer.

Sandy, those are nice gifts for the future grand baby.

Connie, I like kitchen stuff. THink I'll check it out, too.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
OH NO! Deviled eggs are such a pain to make. Wow, that sucks. I am also with you on the talking to the cat BS. Just love that when I am trying to sleep.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Yuck Pattie, I think I would have lost my appetite after that But come to think of it deviled eggs do sound wonderful.

Chad went to a wonderful, here since the 1940's, local meat market, all organic farmers and brought us some wonderful steaks that he will be placing on the grill shortly. I can't wait!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Morning ladies
Got tons of yards work done the grass is once again tidy
I edged & W/W everything and mowed the back Hubby mowed the front
We had to move one sprinkler head in the side garden where the bushes use to be
Whew the old roots & 90 degree heat made that an experience. It felt really good getting sprayed while adjusting the sprayer heads

Sandy Becka's going to love the presents
Those steaks sound yummy

Lisa your garden sounds amazing I missed the lettuce & strawberry season But am going to try them this fall

Connie thanks for the link I am going to check it out

Pattie ewwww on the moving chives
Good thing you caught it

Old 05-06-2012, 05:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Pattie-I love deviled eggs...sorry about the bugs. Are your spices in sealed jars? and they got in?

I heard that a leaf of basil in a flour bag helps with those bugs. I don't know if it helps with the ones in spices. I have a basil leaf taped to the inside of my baking cabinet. Who knows, lol.

Sandy-Enjoy the steaks. I wish we had a good meat market.

Karla-This is the first year my lettuce is doing good. I'll have to get a picture. I am also going to plant in the Fall since we will be staying in TN this year.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Oh my goodness you gals the steaks were melt in your mouth wonderful. Bob said he did not care how much per pound they were he wants to go with me to check this place out. BTW Chad said the bacon there looked wonderful..................guess I best wait to go there when I have extra $$$$

I took the car seat out of the box and put a few outfits, wet wipes, waterproof matress pad, and cute sleepers and onsies in the seat part of the car seat. Wrapped that all in a huge bag and this way she has a few outfits at home and more to get from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals