Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Tuesday

lol I am not going to work in the yard today except maybe to take pictures
I am to sore and my muscles will go on strike if they have to dig or pull roots today
Hubby has his 3 moth follow up from his surgery this morning and I am goign to go for a ride with him

I still have to close out last week so will do that when I get home
As well as entering payroll

We didn't get a drop of rain yesterday even though we had really dark skies & thunder
They are saying 50% chance today but I am not holding my breath

What is on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Karla-I wish I could send you some rain.

It is a slow steady rain here. The grass is going to grow like crazy

No plans yet. Still feeling a little sick so I will probably organize my kitchen cabinets and read.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
JUst got back from sitting w/Marge. I put on some ham and am going to make ham veggie/lentil soup. I also made some granola. Not sure what else I'll be doing for today. My neck and right shoulder (the surgery one) have been a bit on the stiff side. I should do some online banking, tho.

I did walk 4 miles this a.m. - got up a little early so I'd be able to fit it in before I went to Marge's.

Dam, Lisa...feel better, girl.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:31 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
How do you make granola? The nurse practitioner said that wheat, white sugar and dairy are the 3 main culprits in stomach acid problems, and boy is it hard to find stuff that doesn't have wheat.

Anyway, today I did a short Denise Austin upper body/arms workout that was very good! I am definitely doing that one again. Nice one.

Have a good day all.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
How do you make granola? The nurse practitioner said that wheat, white sugar and dairy are the 3 main culprits in stomach acid problems, and boy is it hard to find stuff that doesn't have wheat.
I have a friend who has celiac disease and she has a tough time with food. Not too many choices for her.

Here is a site for you to check out. Rye bread is good
Wheat free glossary of foods from wheat-free.org +++ all

Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Thanks. I don't really eat much bread unless we pick up some pumpernickel or garlic bread, which is rare. When I grabbed a box of corn bread mix the other day, I was shocked to see wheat flour in the list of ingredients.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Thanks. I don't really eat much bread unless we pick up some pumpernickel or garlic bread, which is rare. When I grabbed a box of corn bread mix the other day, I was shocked to see wheat flour in the list of ingredients.

Yeah it seems wheat is in a lot of foods. I hope this eating plan helps.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Make that two here hoping the plan works Connie. Did you start on Nexium?

Hey all! I took a nice little walk around the area of work during my lunch today. Lots of building up since I last worked in downtown, more towns should take a look at what small GR MI did in revitalizing their downtown. Lots of condo's, new business, stores, restaurants, bars, etc. Looking good!

Well I worked too many hours last week for a part time person. The original guy who interviewed me first came up to me and told me I had to keep my hours under (and I think he said 37, but have to check on that tomorrow). That came up just in time, I was going to tell my boss that I only wanted to come in an extra day instead of two. I was going to use the girls as a reason but now I don't have to. I'm just not made for all that dictation, and proof reading stuff, my eyes were seeing triple yesterday when I left

Gotta get. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. See ya.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
connie, I don't take omeprazole every day since I got on our whole grain diet.

Here's my granola recipe. I really like it sprinkled in my morning yogurt and (if we splurge) on ice cream. My friend ate it like cereal.

3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup each chopped rawm unsalted walnuts, pecans and almonds
1/2 cup maple syrup (I was using the real stuff, but have switched to the store brand)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, optional (I don't use them)

preheat oven to 300. Spray lg. baking sheet with cooking spray (I use parchment paper instead)

in a med. bowl, combine all ingredients. spread onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 min. (I like it crunchy, so I usually bake it about 40-45) Transfer sheet to cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in the fridge in airtight container (I don't refrigerate it).

Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Morning ladies

Pattie I might try the granola from what I can tell there is no fat except the good fat those nuts have

Sandy they may want you under 37 hours so they don't have to give you benefits
4 days is imo the perfect work week

Lisa I hope you are feeling better
I will gladly take you rain because once again we got nothing

Connie a friend of mine who was just diagnosed gluten intolerant found this great cookbook
1000 gluten free recipes by Carol Fenster
everything is wheat free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals