Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 04:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

I got the yard stuff done yesterday
It has been raining since got up at 5:45

The weather site says it is suppose to rain all day the radar is showing really heavy rains at the beach.
not sure if we are going to go there for breakfast

Not sure what is on the "books" for today
I do have to get the baseboards cleaned so hubby can replace the 1/4 round molding
in all the newly tiled areas

I am thinking about making a couple of the eggplants from the veggie garden to go with dinner
it will be interesting to see if I like it

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Good morning!

I was not going to take a walk today, but the weather is wonderful outside. We had a cool front blow through after the storms and this week should be more normal MI weather. Anyway I took a mile walk, run, stop with Max this morning. I swear that dog has ADHD

Got regular stuff to do today, finish laundry that I never began yesterday, and off to Meijer for stuff that my favorite market did not have. I'm slowly getting M&M back to school supplies so Mom won't have to buy so much. Maddie will be a big 6th grader this year! And my little Natalie begins pre-school, funny how big they get..........

Oh Karla, garden fresh eggplant, I want some!

Gotta get, have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, ladies.

Sandy, school starts here this week.

Karla....I hope you like the eggplant.

I wasn't going to do much today, but when I went outside, it didn't seem too bad, so I did a little garden work, Len did a lot of trimming and cleaning up, so then I dragged it all to the horticulture dump. I wish I'd taken a picture of our golf cart. It looked like a rolling palmetto bush!

Came inside, remembered I hadn't had my breakfast yet, so I fixed my yogurt w/granola when my neighbor called, said Len needed me outside to help corral the snake he'd found. Yeh, right. He found what he thinks was a young diamond back. Very poisonous. Well, he doesn't like to kill anything, so he caught it with some sort of grabber tool he has, then made me drive him to the place where the wild plants grow and he let him go. When he said, "Get in the cart and take me to that overgrown area," I said, "Are you SERIOUS??" He was. I don't know how I drove there because my eye was on that stupid snake the whole time.

Met our new neighbors. We had met the hubby when he made the offer on the house; this time the wife was with him. This should be interesting. They seem very nice. They're here, getting some small stuff done, until the 9th, then they might be back next month. He has a two week on/two week off work schedule. I don't know whether the wife works or not.

Ok, off to see who's up at OOH. Have a great day, all.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 AM

Oh my goodness! Pattie I am scared to death of snakes, no matter what type, I would have just died right there. Kudo's to hubby for being so kind hearted but I can't feel sorry for snakes nor spiders.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Me, either. SPiders don't bother me, but snakes??? Eeeeuuuuwwww! Now, the black racer snakes we have around don't bother me too much, but those poisonous ones?? No thank you. I'll stay as far away from them as possible.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:04 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
Getting ready to take my Sunday evening jog. I'm going to wait until around 8 tonight because it's still muggy here in Ohio. I jog about 5 days a week and my Sunday evening jogs are my favorite. It's a great way to wind down the weekend and get ready for the week ahead......After my jog, I'll get back home and tie up all the loose ends in preparation for my job interview tomorrow morning.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM

Welcome Football! Ohio is muggy still, we in MI finally have some relief, as a matter of fact the air is off for the first time in a LONG time

NMS, I remember the bad spiders we had in NC, those were some ugly spiders and way too many of them for my liking. Now in MI I only saw one that freaked me out, he was brown, on the back of the house by my back door, and he was as big as a glass mason jar, ick!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
lol so Pattie your driving the cart and hubby has the grabber with a snake on the end which I presume he was holding outside the cart
Where is the camera when you need it !!!
How ever did you drive with out swerving all over while watching the snake !!

I would of been yelling don't drop it and keep it far away from me

ahh thanks for the morning chuckle !!!!!

I ended up doing nothing yesterday except reading I found the free kindle book section at amazon

oh lol you know how sometimes after a really hard workout your muscles don't hurt until 24 hours later? Well I guess I did a lot more leg work during my 4 1/2 hour yard session on Sat than I thought
about 9 they started and by 1 I was walking like a old lady
I was sure my shoulder was going to really ache but nope lol the legs were the king of pain

Never got to make the eggplant they are still hanging on the plant
Maybe today

Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM

America's FUnniest Home Videos is calling...they want the snake episode...... Karla, I swerved all over the road. Len kept saying, "Watch the road, not the snake." Well, the road didn't scare me half as much as that stupid little reptile. My neighbor was just standing in her driveway, mouth wide open. She couldn't believe it either.

PS - welcome, Football. Best of luck with the interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals