Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Happy Wednesday

School this morning !!!
It is going to be sooo beautiful we are taking them outside to plant taters, broccoli cabbage and herbs

So any of you an expert in medicare? MIL turns 65 in July and guess who has been helping her figure it out
I have never seen so many letters in my life A B then supplements then throw her in with "I like my Dr and will pick the plan she takes" OMG you see her once a year you do not pick a health plan based on the DR you see once a year

We are lucky because she is very very healthy

School today then home to work outside

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
How long does it take for those vegetables to grow?

Not much going on here. I have been able to eat a lot better, lately, but my weight went down, unfortunately. But, not enough to hurt.

Karla, there's a subforum on here somewhere that might have some helpful info on medicare, or you could ask a question. I don't know how people figure that stuff out.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
I agree, I am having a hard enough time just figuring out my own insurance! I do know that they have seminars somewhere on it but I really have not listened nor read up on it.

Hi Gals,

Sunny today and in the 70's tomorrow but we have a storm front coming in with some severe storms. This will be my first spring here and I do remember AL being pretty hectic with spring storms (they are saying straight line winds).

I've got chicken cooking in the oven, and laundry going, once I get off the internet it will be exercise time and then on to unpacking another few containers. I only have about 10 more bins left to go and three of those are my books, so we are looking good.

Connie, weight gain for you is excellent, I am happy to hear. Where is Pattie?

Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Here I am!!!!

Have been soooo busy.

Still no exercise. My trainer is in Hawaii. Something tells me I should have been a Personal Trainer. Anyway, no exercise with her. And my foot still is bothering me, so no walking.

We've decided to really go at the house, renovations wise. So I'm either cleaning or doing something to get us ready to renovate. Our first project is to finish the last project. Yeh, I know. Len did some patching on the wall in our bedroom where the door into the bathroom was moved. Once he gets that done, I get to paint it. We're replacing all the floors except the 2 bathrooms and the lanai with Hampton Bay Natural Palm laminate, so he pulled up part of the carpeting from the BR so we wouldn't have to worry about damaging that. Yesterday, we power washed the house, cleaned the gutters, picked up the yard, washed the windows inside and out. Today, I scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom and cleaned the floors in the LR/DR/kitchen/Sitting room areas, then went to an entertainment committee meeting. In between and after all that, I made lunch and dinner, while waiting on DH. Whew!

So I've been busy and it looks like I will be for a long time.

Sandy, it sounds like you're finally getting settled into a nice place. Good for you. How'd the final inspection go with the idiots in the previous place?

Connie, Sorry to hear your weight went down, but glad it wasn't enough to hurt.

Karla....lady, you never change. You're always busy and helping other folks out. You rock.

CYL....

Old 02-19-2014, 05:25 PM

Oh man, Connie I read that wrong and I am so sorry. But you are eating and I would think a little bit of weight loss would be expected after the tube was taken out.

Pattie, house renovation counts as more than exercise

No walk through yet, we are cleaning Saturday so the walk through will be after that. I'm anticipating trouble but hopefully the pictures I have will ward off that.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:32 PM

Good girl...always prepared.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
The feeding tube is still in. I have to be able to take in enough on my own before they'll take it out. I guess. I am on my way, though. The swallowing is improving. So is the appetite!

Old 02-19-2014, 08:36 PM

What do I remember you recently turning in? My mind registered feeding tube, but then I think I lost my mind a long time ago. Anyway come down here I will get a few pounds on you!

Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Then after going to Sandys come here I am good for 10 #s

Sandy I think it was the feeding pump she turned in.

Pattie lol you want to borrow my t-shirt thats says "Would of been easier to just move"

School was fun

The only "good" thing I found out by doing the research for MIL is if Hubby and I want we could get long term care ins now because we are young for $130 a month for both. With my family history might not be a bad idea

Old 02-20-2014, 03:44 PM

Wow, Karla, that's a great price. We tried for it a couple of years ago and it was outrageous. Maybe a different carrier would be better. Love the t-shirt idea, Karla.

Connie, I don't suppose you could use 10 pounds from me, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals