Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
my friend riveree will be "subbing" as mod for this form while SamIAm is on vaca.
She and i are regulars on the Jacksonville forums and we are also friends in real life.

So "hey riv"

Heading out in about an hour
hubby has a haircut and then we are going shopping lol 2 days till "mtbd"
but at least I now know what I am going to buy to put in the box.
the good thing is the one store I need to go to is on the opposite end of the mall then the hair place so it will be some exercise lol I may pull out the pedometer to see how much walking you actually get while shopping.

ok we need updates
nms - hows the arm
evey - hows the house
jeannie - hows the toe
foma - how are the drinks in LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 07:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Hi riveree! You won't have any trouble with us, we are quite an amicable bunch.

Shadow & I walked here in the neighborhood this morning. They are having a track meet at the park and you can't get anywhere near it with a car. If it is not raining this afternoon we will go chase squirrels.

Hmmm, I updated the house in the tread I had in "other topics", but I guess I forgot to clue you guys in. My bad! The seller accepted another bid, but asked if they could keep mine as a back up. My bid was for cash so I am going to guess the other was for more money but has a financing contingency. No inspector who is not taking bribes will pass that house in the condition it is in, so I guess we will wait & see. If it was meant to be it will happen, if not we will find something else. There are quite literally several thousand single family homes on the market here in Manatee county and foreclosures are up to 12-15 per day. We will find one.

So, what is going in "The Box"? A metal detector? A toy that was not made in China? Tickets to pro wrestling?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Arm's still sore, thanks for asking. I haven't decided whether to call an orthopedic person yet. It's funny, but since I retired, I've become a terrific procrastinator! It's weird, but my arm doesn't hurt most of the time. It mainly hurts if I'm resting or overexerting. Funny. It doesn't bother me to do "normal" stuff like drag in groceries, etc.

Welcome, riveree. Hey, do you have any secrets you can share with us about Karla??

Hey, Karla, do you get to play with Chaos this weekend?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM

hey all
well we went shopping and I bought 5 gifts

lol evey the box is gifts for my family up north we are not going home this year

came home and someone!! had not only unwrapped one of hubbys gifts but decided to see if the leather belts would fit .

nms thats how my shoulder is the ortho wanted to inject cortisone but I went the PT route

well I spent over 2 hours in the yard so got some good exercise
ok there is something weird about sweating 10 days before xmas.
they say we are having a big ran tonight
we shall see
it looks like the grapefruit may be almost ready to pick

chaos has company this weekend so I don't have to go babysit lol his daddy stopped by wed night and after saying hi asked "where is hubby" lol they are now wiii buddies

Old 12-15-2007, 11:30 AM

p.s. lol riveree has no secrets to share

Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
nms-do you remember what you were doing when it started acting up? Heck, maybe you could post something in the health and wellness forum, people might have some ideas you could try-never know!
Karla, that pedometer idea is a good one. You would have proof that shopping is indeed exercise! I did about 35 minutes, half of which was my pseudo-cardio type of stuff. Evey, like you say, if it's meant to be it will be-or was that Doris Day? Nope, that was you! Good luck, keep thinking positive!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I think I may have pulled something in the weight room here at the "gym" in our community. But, then again, it may be old age creeping up on me. It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle (I've had those before).

We got about 2.5 inches of rain yesterday, Karla. Oh, and I bet riveree can share a story or two. heh, heh.

I can see chaos's dad now. "Can your DH come out and play with us??" LOL

Old 12-15-2007, 02:02 PM

mns
they say we are suppose to get some of that "nasty" that is heading our way from the west.

Some areas had some rain this morning that came from your part of town
lol I am going to have to move the little lighted trees and mow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals