Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 06:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Happy Friday !!!

Well yesterdays visit at surgeon was good liver levels are good but the gallbladder stuff is still showing high so today I am going for this xray that records how your gallbladder is functioning. From how they described it it sounds like a mri with contrast they take pictures then inject you with this stuff that makes your gallbladder act up

He will then be able to see if there is blockage in the duct
Its a no eat no drink before test and it's not until 11 grrr

So I am going to go run errands because if I am just sitting here the fact I can't have my morning diet pepsi will bother me

What are you all up to today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 08:48 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,526,885 times
Guess what? The doctor said I can have my feeding tube removed! Hurray and thank God for small favors. I am so sick of having to deal with that thing every day. It is a pain in so many ways.

He's going to order me one of those inspirator thingies that you inhale and it measures it, that Sandy mentioned! I asked him about exercises to increase my lung capacity and he mentioned that and said he'd order me one. Great idea! Thank you so much!

I have to call over to the cancer center and see what the deal is with getting the FT removed. They were jammed in there yesterday in the scheduling office, and she said she'd mail me the upcoming appointments...CT scan, f/u with NP (every 2 weeks), etc. But, they do this somewhere else. The doctors there can't remove it.

Be back to report my exercise. I will do something of some kind.

Happy Friday. Hope they find something out today, Karla, one way or the other.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times
Yay Connie that is wonderful news !!!!!! Hopefully they will be able to remove it asap

The test was a long one lol good thing I didn't know in advance or I would of rescheduled it earlier
It was 4 hours 2 1/2 of that was the actual testing
it's sorta like a cat scan with contrast only with this one they put something in the IV then you wait under the camera thingy and it records the "stuff" as it travels into the gallbladder once the GB is full (this took a little over an hour) they put something else in the IV thats make the gallbladder empty, however they can't give it all at once or you would be throwing up so that part took another hour

oh lol did I mention you can't move during the whole time or the images mess up

The tech said "Im not a DR but it all looks good to me" but sometimes the test can show negative and there could still be an issue because 10 mins after the stuff finished going in the nausea hit then around 3:30 hubby and i go to eat cause I hadn't eaten all day and maybe 20 mins after I get the stomach pain and nausea.
These are textbook classic GB symptoms so I guess ti is back to the DR office to see what next

In the mean time I am done with my version of testing "the fast food test" I am goign to see what happens if I stick to foods that have none of the things that can **** your GB off

I had a bowl of oatmeal and a peach for breakfast so lets see how that "sits"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals