Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 08:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Happy Friday

Whew I am finally caught up who would of thought being gone 3 days would create such a back log

I cant get on CD from my laptop

What have you all been up to
Connie how did the tests go ?

Sandy has it cooled down by you?

I have to run out but back to do my exercise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 02:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Had a busy week myself, sort of. The CAT scan results were mixed. Some tumors got bigger, some got smaller. It was a short visit because of something that happened to the dr earlier, which sucks. He gave me the scan results report, which is filled with stuff I have NO idea about and am very unsure of looking up online and trying to decipher/interpret.

So, he wants to add in another chemo drug, this one is a pill (well, a lot of pills to take daily) called Xeloda. And, I'm getting a port put in. It took 3 times to hit a vein on Tuesday, so with that and the blood draw, I was ALL taped up. Not a good day or week. But, Billy's coming home for the weekend, so that is good (except for the total nervous wrecks that I/we are when he's driving here). I am SO glad he is coming, but it just isn't for long enough.

Karla, why can't you get CD on your laptop? I don't get it? What happens? I got a little tablet computer, and I can get on it at the hospital, and here, I imagine, just never tried before. I wonder if that is related to why Evey and Sue can't get on? I miss them on here, even tho they're on FB.

Well, I am in the midst of my 2000-2014 spring cleaning here, so I better get back to work.

Glad to 'hear' from you Karla. Ain't it grand working fast food? Been there, can still smell it!

Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 PM

Connie omg you are so right about the fried smell. I now know not to take my good purse or wallet or anything that I can't wash.

yay on Billy coming !!! I know you are going to enjoy seeing him after this past week

I personally wouldn't look the reports up online because they can give you info that isn't related and that can scare the you now what. When can you reschedule another apt with the Dr to go over the results.

I think one of the main reasons I can't get on the laptop is because I keep forgetting to write down my log in and password and I won't save it on the laptop like I do on my desktop just because.

I never got to the exercise room cause just got behind

Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, ladies! I hope an old friend is still welcome. Miss you guys something fierce, but life has been getting in the way a lot lately.

I left for NY on 6/30 for my annual visit with mom and discovered her mental and physical health to be going downhill a lot faster than I cared to admit. I ended up staying till 8/13, helping clean up most of the house and get rid of at least some of the clutter. TG for my sister living next door. If she weren't there, I'd have been looking for alternative living arrangements. It's scary seeing her go downhill so quickly.

I do have some fun news. 2 days before I went north, Len bought a Harley. As I said to my ex while I was in NY...I went from Socialite Banker's Wife to Biker Chick in 20 short years! We've been doing a lot of riding since I got back and Len even joined a couple of organizations, which is a major step for him. I think the one we'll enjoy most is the Blue Knights. They're a group of law enforcement people, mostly retired down here, who like to ride on their bikes. We went for the first trip with them yesterday and really enjoyed it, they seem like a really good crew. A few of the guys are retired NYPD. I'm sure, once we get to know them all more, we'll hear some of their stories. He likes these fellas because, unlike the crew from the American Legion, they don't go from bar to bar, drinking. That's pretty scary. Len's not a big drinker to begin with, so it's definitely not his cup of tea, so to speak.

House is still in renovations, which took a back seat to the Harley (sorry, pun intended!). But we're making progress.

Connie, you're sounding pretty good. I hope you hear some good news from your tests and all. Hang in there. My ex was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer 8 years ago and he's doing great. I hope the same for you. Hugs to Cap'n Billy. Glad he's home, even if it's just for the weekend.

Sandy, how're things with you? All settled in the new job and home?

Karla, I see you're still busy with everything. That'll never change. How's MIL doing? are things going ok for her?

So glad I finally sat my butt down to drop by. Who knows? One of these days, I may be back more regularly!

Take care and I hope to "see" you all soon.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Hi Pattie!!!

What a nice surprise. Glad all is well with you and Len, and how thrilling that you got a nice bike. Sorry to hear that news about your Mom, it is not easy getting older.

Silly girl Karla we have been in Michigan, and yes it is cooler there Still hot here at home, we got home last night and the humidity is still here. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in TX.

Connie, I agree don't try to figure out your test, they contain way too many medical terms that we lay peps can't understand. Instead just let him go over all of it with you. I'm glad Billy came home for the weekend.

Well I have laundry and cleaning to do so I am going to get going. Sigh, back to the grind stone tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:47 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Glad you made it back, Sandy. I don't see the dr again for 2 months, so I can't ask him about those things, but maybe I can ask the nurse practitioner. I see her every 2 weeks, but I'm always woozy because she comes in while I'm in chemo, usually after the benadryl stuff kicks in.

Gonna be a hot one here again, too. It's breezy, though, so that helps.

Have a good day!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 AM

Morning all !!

Pattie what a nice surprise How cool on the Harley I think the are the most comfortable Bikes to be a passenger on.
We hope you stop by more often to let us know how things are going as well as telling us the "Biker Mama" stories. Tell me you got a fun color helmet

Sandy /smack I had a little brain fart and forgot how was the trip
When does it cool down in TN

Connie how was Billy's visit !!! Maybe you could ask the NP is you can set up a time or she could come in before the chemo

We had a busy 3 days Saturday & Sunday were yard screenroom projects. I decided the screenroom screens needed to be washed. lets just say that covered upper body work outs for a couple days
Yesterday we went to Lowes because my neighbor got a great planter pot on clearance. They had sold out of the pots but we came home with 3 new light fixtures a new ceiling fan and a gallon of pain for the guest bathroom. Needless to say we labored on Labor day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals