Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
It is not only a new year but a new day, time to kick some butt
I have slacked off way to much the last few weeks and have the extra 5 pounds to prove it

It is very um "refreshing" out there this morning 35 but the W/C says it feels like 29. I bet when those 18 mph gust hit it is even colder
lol poor hubby it is even colder downtown Wind chills 16 to 21 down there, he went off with his hat & gloves.

heading out with lola at 7 can't wait to try my new ear band to keep them toasty.

will head to the gym at 9 for spinning
It will be interesting to see how many new faces there will be I am going to go early to make sure I get "my bike"

ok so who else is "back in the saddle" today
rofl I know I know some of you never fell off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Good morning Karla! Did your new ear band keep you warm?

Also on other side of the pond everything gets back on track. Yesterday I used completely for recovering. Our New Year's party was fab! We had my friend and her hubby as well as my cousin and her bf over. We had a great dinner and played some Karaoke... Afterwards my voice was gone but I didn't mind.

Will do some grocery shopping today b/c the crowd emptied our fridge...
Maybe some abwork today, too.

Have a great day and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Not quite as cold here, but I wore my Carrhart this morning for my walk with Shadow. I was glad I had it. The wind is just howling out there.

Poor Shadow! There are quite a few limp giant inflatable lawn decorations on the loose this morning. and even more that are just flapping loudly. Very scary for an 85 pound dog.......

Off to get ready for work. They sent me home at 11:30 on Monday since they couldn't find anything for me to do. I am guessing this assignment won't last much longer.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 AM

miguel's mom
you gave me a great idea for tomorrows "today's question" thanks
heading out in about 20 mins to test the new ear band

evey wow you got a lot done, I can't figure out why they haven't realized that your the type they should have working there.

ok lol can't put off walking lola any longer I have to venture out into the cold plus I have to start the crock pot of stew when I get back from walking.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
evey wow you got a lot done, I can't figure out why they haven't realized that your the type they should have working there.
This place is too small & unorganized for me. They have a kid working 60 hours a week for a job that I could do in 20. I would be both bored to tears and frustrated beyond belief. They were stunned when they found out what I had gotten done in less than 2 and a half days. I was stunned that they thought they were so far behind.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Stew, that sounds good Karla. What time's dinner???

Happy New Year, everybody. I wish each of you a wonderful year.

Had friends over for NY Eve. Was nice. The prime rib turned out beautifully. We all sat around for the next hour or so, moaning and groaning about how much we'd eaten. They brought a sampler cheesecake. Huge thing. For 4 of us! LOL Delicious, but now I have to figure out what to do with the remainder of it. We don't want to eat it as we both have some extra pounds to shed. Karla, I wish mine was only 5 lbs. I have about 15 I've gained since the big move.

Glad you recovered, MM. And Evey, those Carhartts are great, aren't they?

Well, back on track this morning. Did 30 min. of weights at the gym. I'll know it tomorrow, that's for sure. But it did feel good to get back in there.

Weather here's a bit cool, too. Mid 40's this a.m. We're supposed to hit mid 50's for a high. Tonight, we're supposed to get our freeze, so I'll take in my one potted plant.

Have a great day, everybody. Let's kick butt now that the new year is here!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:38 AM

nms
about 5 come on up

OMG it is freezing out there the wind cut right through
lol saw chaos's daddy he said "why don't you wait till it warms up" lol I told him because I have to get back on track since I was "slacking" so walking lola then off to the gym".

lol evey I bet they have a little meeting with the kid

ok off to turn the stew yummm it smells go good browning

Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Good Morning!

Well it is late start day for school and they have tacked on an additional hour delay for the snow, so I will get to the gym later than planned... better late than never!
It will be tough goin' today as we were rudely awakened at 4:15 by our neighbor who seems to think that is a good time to crank up the snow thrower
It is cardio and upper body for me today and of course that stretching I promised myself I would do more. Other than that, I will be cleaning my very messy house and picking up some groceries.

DH and I ate our New Years good luck black eyed peas yesterday and couldn't convince our son to even eat one. I put it on his plate and he said "No way, I'm not eating that!" We teased him and said if we had bad luck it would be on him(kidding of course), he said that was fine. Two hours later the power went out, we couldn't see anything it was so dark, but the first thing out of my son's mouth was "I should have eaten the stupid pea!!"

Well have a great whitiiish day all!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:01 AM

118 posts, read 625,282 times
good morning. live 30minutes NW of Tampa It is very COLD out to say the least.I'm saposed to go to a friends house today with all 4 kids (6, 5, 2, and 6mos) but I'm debateing if I should. You know us Florida moms are un-prepared to dress our kids in winter gear

Anyways i got back from my trip late Saturday night. I went running Sunday morning. It was great to be back in normal temps at the time. i went running Monday evening and Tuesday morning. I really don't see myself running tonight in these temps

Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Finally got my internet back on!

It's minus something out there today! Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day though. I'll be heading out for a brisk walk later.

Happy New Year everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals