Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Yay!!!
It is chocolate day here on the exercise thread.

For all of our new folks, every once in a while we have these special days.
That means the item of the day does not count

It is a little extra treat to help with the motivation.

lol I slept in till 7:30 my dear hubby packed his own lunch.

I am going to walk Lola then you know I am really not sure
Thursday is my usual day off from the gym, but I may meander over there

So what will your chocolate treat be

Congrats to missmouse for their curling win

and we can't wait to hear from tet to see if there is a new family member
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Wow...can't believe I'm the first one to reply today! Good morning, all.

Yes, missmouse. Happy to see you won. Tet....tell us, we're on pins and needles!

I'd like to hit the bike today, but I have a ton of housework I'd like to get done. I'm hoping to recruit DH to help. Not only will it make me feel better, I'm sure it'll get his mind off his colonoscopy tomorrow. He's a wreck about it, even tho he saw me go thru it 3 years ago without a single issue.

Have a great day, all. I'm sure I'll check in later.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Yessss! Chocolate Day!!! Hmmm, will have to think about what to splurge on, but I did get a dark chocolate orange from Santa....

Poor Shadow! We went to the park this morning. She was so focused on the squirrel she was stalking she neglected to observe her surroundings. When she finally "busted a move" she was about a foot from a picnic table. Point of the shoulder right into the corner of the seat. Poor thing hit so hard she ended up on her butt. She got up limping, but still went right back after the squirrel. I am hoping this is not going to end up as an expensive trip to the vet....... Guess I will be able to tell if she is hurting by her reaction to seeing my bike come out of the shed.

Now, off to start Chocolate Day with some Cocoa Puffs.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post

Now, off to start Chocolate Day with some Cocoa Puffs.
oooo I want some !!!!!

sigh the only chocolate in the house is dark chocolate M&Ms rofl even I can't stretch that for breakfast

omg wait I almost forgot
the freezer in the garage !!!!

I still have some "double coconut dipped in dark chocolate" hmm is coconut a breakfast food

Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hmm is coconut a breakfast food
It is at my house!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,029 times
Hello!
Chocolate Day! Well, I have already had some M&M's and will throw in some chocolate chip cookies for dessert tonight.
I skipped the gym today and got some much needed cleaning done(the stuff I was supposed to do yesterday). Not much planned for the rest of the day.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Kiss Shadow for me, Bella does stuff like that all the time. She gets focused on something and gets tunnel vision. It's a good thing she is a tough girl!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:33 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Thank the "Lord" it's chocolate day! I just polished off a Reeses after spending the last hour running around my neighborhood trying to catch an enormous golden Lab. Anyhoo our local boys in blue are trailing him now. This is the second dog in less than a week that I have trailed. Had better luck with the Boxer!

Well, we have to wait until Saturday to visit the local shelter . They weren't able to get the dogs evaluated by today. However, in another county about 2-3 hours away, there is a shelter that now has my name and number. I found the most gorgeous pooch on their website but she was adopted out four days ago. We are going to try and get over there tomorrow afternoon since we will be in the area. I'll be another blubbering mess looking at all those innocent faces with big doe eyes. It really does punch you straight in the heart.

Back on topic ... heading out for a walk with my old girl before it starts snowing.

Hope Shadow is ok, Evey.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
I worked out just a bit today, but got some more stuff together for the Easter Seals truck tomorrow-it's supposed to rain again, though, like the last 3 times. But, alas, no chocolate for me. Had to have a little midnight snack of baklava last night-oh, my, oooey, gooey sticky yumminess!

Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 PM

omg tet
your killing us
what kind of "puppies" are you looking at
big, little etc
rofl since we can't be there with you we need visual descriptions

Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
We're hoping to get a medium or a "bit less" sized dog. Below is the little girl that I missed out on. I'm very familiar with the terrier breeds and am kind of leaning in that direction. That being said, if I click with a certain pooch regardless of what it is ... that's it ... another clan member!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc299/suzyqb/parsonrussellterrier.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals