Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times

Advertisements

Karla....... I'm so sad for you. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I hope Clue will get better and have no pain...

Will do some muscle work while watching TV this evening. Still have some learning to do plus I need to paint Miguel's new wood box where all his toys gotta be kept in. Afterwards movie evening with hubby. We rent a new movie, hope it'll be good.

ROFL pee pee in the fridge.
I'll check in the "? o' the day" tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Karla, I am so sorry to hear about Clue. One thing to keep in mind is he's led a far better life than many, many dogs, and I dare say probably quite a few people! The best you can do is keep him comfortable and do what you think is best.
Today it's a balmy 37 degrees outside, so no more shovelling-which is a good thing, since my shoulder kind of hurts like in the joint. I do arm exercises with weights so I can't really understand that. Anyway, I did my whole workout today, and it's a mighty good thing, since I had a huge appetite after shovelling over the weekend. Talk about the munchies!!! Must be all that fresh air on top of the physical exertion [which wasn't all that much!]

Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Hey all back from the vet
She said his pee looked and smelled a tiny bit better and that she wanted to continue him on everything for another week. Though it won't change the outcome because what ever is in there is causing the weight loss at least I will know in my mind that we tried everything.
believe me she would not do this if he was suffering she also said the fact that he has an appetite and eats well is good,
as she said she is his advocate and knows I am the same way him first so I trust her completely so at least I don't have to make any decision this week I know that is not much but I will take what I can get,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post

Possible Q ... What's the funniest thing you have found in your closet or under the bed?
omg tet I will use that for Wed
good thing the "? o' the day" folks don't hang out here or they will have advance knowledge

Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
Well Karla - you have gotten a bit of good news. All you can do is wait and see what happens. Try not to let it ruin your week.

I went through something similar with my dog Monte - chocolate lab - he had a protein deficiency - at first they told us he had kidney cancer...then when that didn't pan out they gave us a bunch of other things they needed to take a look at...I switched vets (after 5k of testing and such) and found out that this was going to kill him. But not quickly. So we put him on meds and changed his food, and paid really close attention. He lived another happy 2 1/2 years. He died last Memorial Day of a condition called bloat - people at my party were giving him Doritos and his system just couldn't take it.

Hopefully - by the end of the week you'll have good news. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

oh - and btw - its good to know that refrigerating pee makes it smell better <gags>

Old 01-28-2008, 01:02 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Just got to the point in my day in reading this thread.
Karla, Give yourself and Clue a big hug. I know how hard the waiting game is. My thoughts are with you.
I went to water aerobics today and 'played' in the water. I believe I've found an exercise I like other than walking and dancing.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
again I have to say thanks for all of the good wishes and support
(((hugs)))) to my C-D family your the best !!

song
I have done the water aerobics I also really like the class

lol I also like the fact that since 70 % of your body is under water no one can tell if your feet are going in the opposite direction than everyone else. Which is my biggest um challenge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals