Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good Monday morning everyone
I forgot to remind hubby that I wanted to start getting up early so he woke me at 6 lol

Taking miss Lola for a walk as soon as it gets a bit lighter.
We have a pretty interesting front headed our way so I am thinking about dragging out the carpet cleaner since there won't be any "outside activities"

I still have to find chicken wire. The home depot we stopped at yesterday didn't have any when I asked they said they were the only store that didn't carry it lol leave it to me to pick that one

I have a new "project" this week. I am going to go look at curtains, hold me back from the excitement

any hints or suggestion on where to go look ?

rofl anyone want to go with me or even better "for me"

So what are your plans for the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 AM

p.s.
For those of you that don't visit the "? o' the day"

I don't want you to miss out on this

Today is National Drink Wine Day

Old 02-18-2008, 05:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
oo! oo! National Drink Wine Day! Where do I sign up????

LOL

Karla, I love picking out curtains, but my taste is rather "different" from most people's. I'd go with you, but it's a bit of a drive.

To quote James Brown, "I feel good (ba da bada bada bum), I knew that I would now." I went to the gym for my 30 min. weight session. Are ya ready, gang??? I WALKED to the gym! w00t, w00t! It felt good. I wasn't as thrilled about walking back, but once I got started it was fine. It's just a mile from our front door to the clubhouse, and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there. That's good, right???

My friend Marty and I are going to go to Kohl's this morning. That'll be a nice diversion from our normal, mundane life. Maybe we'll even get in a glass of wine!

Have a great Monday. I hope y'all have it off today.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Karla, I'll come over and join you. I love picking out curtains!!!

Hubby nearly got a heart attack when I picked out ours for kitchen and living room b/c they were so darn expensive

lol did he think they are cheap???? men lol

nms, hope you have fun at Kohl's!

Have been playing with DS a lot today and crawled through all the living room on all fours. I was so exhausted I took a nap with him!!! Imagine that...

Will go to the optician in a while b/c hubby's eyes are getting worse and now he seems to be less critical about wearing glasses I need to use this opportunity lol

While my cousin and her b/f visited yesterday evening they brought the Wii so we had 3 hours gaming. Boxing, tennis, bowling and from time to time those fun games that don't need to much moving.

Today I'm feeling my muscles lol I hope it won't get worse rofl

Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,897 times
Good morning!
It is winter break here for my son so we decided to head down to Boston for an overnight trip. A little change of scenery is a good thing now and then. We went shopping yesterday at a huge outlet mall and hit the indoor pool here at the hotel in the evening. I haven't been swimming in almost 3 years, so it was great fun and counted as my exercise for yesterday.
The guys are back in the pool this morning, while I am relaxing in the room with Bella. We will head to a local park for some squirrel chasing in a bit, then head back up north.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Karla if your curtain budget is like mine you should go to Lowe's. They have a pretty decent selection at a reasonable price. If you insist on the mall try JCP. I have a friend who makes mine for me, we buy fabric at JoAnn and she makes curtains out of them.

I will be glad when this front goes by. It is humid & gross outside. Didn't stop my dog from dragging me around for over an hour.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 AM

hey all back from HD and the grocery store
I made it seconds before the downpour started
oh great now it is thundering

see you all need to move closer to me so you can help me

mns I have also been told I have different taste

evey
I will try lowes thanks for the tip with the $600 we have spent on vet bills the last 3 weeks the curtain budget is very low

I looked at making them but between the fabric & the liner stuff I think ready made might be cheaper.

tlb71 I LOVE Boston I had a fabulous weekend there years ago

MM i have to do the eye Dr thing also lol my arms seem to be getting shorter

I am not a big wine drinker but maybe well because it is a national day

Old 02-18-2008, 11:05 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Can we switch the wine to white russians? lol

I'm getting sick of this weather. One day, I'm in shorts and tshirt and the next, sweats. Today, I'm in sweats with the heater going.
I went to do water aerobics this morning. If it warms up, I'll take a walk later. I've been wanting to do a spinning class but my schedule and there's don't mesh. I was reading a couple of articles on pilates yesterday and was thinking about trying that. The only thing I can see on pilates is going and seeing all these women in spectacular shape doing all these weird positions and it intimidates me because I've done yoga before but not pilates. It's supposed to help with the core and that's what I need to work on.
As for the curtains, I have ordered mine from Domestications. Sometimes they have some good deals going on and it's good quality.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
karla, do you have a catalog from JCP? They have a pretty good selection in there, or you could look on line at different stores-get an idea.
song, don't be intimidated into thinking that the people in a pilates class are going to look like the people in the commercials! I think it looks like a good workout too, and they have those videos that you can get-the thing Daisy Fuentes used to (maybe still does?) advertise.
Well, it was back to the routine today, had my HH [hovering hubby] in and out and all about all weekend, hard to sneak in a workout! So, I did a whole lot today, now if I can just stay away from the ice cream tonight-I swear, after a certain time of night my will power is gone, and as lazy as I am, I can still muster up the energy to go get a bowl! Gotta keep reminding myself summer's coming-or so they say!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:21 PM

uh lol I have the complete set of whats her names pilates dvds

I did as well with them as with the yoga

you know in the magical world of "? o' the day"

I can make it any day you want
we can do a white russian day

I am thinking we may need to do a "ice cream day" pretty soon
it has been a awhile since we have had a "special day"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals