Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 04:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Rise & shine a new day has begun !!!!

The only thing I have to do to be really finished is clean off the small patio that in in the back of the yard that is the "holding area" for plants that I no longer need and that are waiting for their new home. oh and maybe repot the citrus trees that are in Clues garden into nicer looking pots
I did finish the mulching a day early so I can use today to tweak

I didn't realize how much your body if affected by yardwork along with schlepping around the equivalent of 72 bags of mulch
lol in other words I feel in in my arms and even my backside feels like I did many squats.

So even though it wasn't traditional "exercise" dang it's a good workout.

Heading out to breakfast in 1 hour
lol I am hungry I was to tired to go out last night so we just had odds & ends

So whats everyones plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Good morning Karla. Yes, that sounds like a great work-out. Can't wait to see the results. Today my daughter and I have a Big gal Little girl brunch at a family restaurant in town, and then the family may go and see a movie. Going to do a quick work-out this morning before we leave. Enjoy your breakfast!

Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Good morning everyone.

Good job finishing the mulching, Karla. I hope you'll share some pictures with us when the garden is all done.

I'm taking today and tomorrow off from walking just to be sure that I recover totally from Friday's walk. Knee is still slightly swollen, but more relevant is the rain we expect today and tomorrow - mostly tomorrow. Today will just be a day for getting a little stuff done around the house. I'm still pulling out carpeting on the staircase which was VERY well installed years ago ... and a few other projects.

I hope everyone has a terrific Sunday!

Charley

Old 04-27-2008, 07:22 AM

pulling up carpet is considered upper body work out charley

Jeannie the brunch sounds so much fun

Looks like we are the only ones up and about

I hope everyone has a great day

Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
pulling up carpet is considered upper body work out charley
Actually, pulling up this carpet is a whole body workout! I've only been able to do two steps a day because the carpet was so well installed. Too bad the steps underneath look so cruddy!

We are removing the old wrought iron bannister and having a wood bannister installed but we have to remove the carpeting first. Then we'll figure out if we are better off improving the stairs themselves or reinstalling carpet.

You are right, though. It is quite a workout!

Charley

Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Since I will be glued to the NASCAR race this afternoon I took Shadow to the park this morning. Some thoughtful person sprinkled squirrel bait (cracked corn) down the entire length of the trail. Shadow was in stalker heaven! It is already almost 80 and she is now all worn out. *snickers gleefully in anticipation of not being followed everywhere*

In laws are out of town so we did not go to breakfast this morning. Just kind of nice & relaxing.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:32 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Morning everyone,
It's a pretty day today but a little windy or I should say really windy. Not doing much of anything today. My stepson is coming over later and take us out to eat somewhere. Seems like I've done a lot of eating since I've been in San Antonio. It's weird because I'm eating more junk food than usual but have lost an extra inch off my waist. I guess it's from exercising though.
Isis is worn out already this morning but I'm going to have to do something with her in the evenings so she won't bark at night. She's turned into a barker in the wee hours of the morning. My brother has a doggy door and these dogs run in and out all night.
Everyone have a nice day.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Today I just did the ABC workout thing, the side-bendy-waist things, some ab stuff and a few other sort of weanie ones. kind of having a scatterbrained sort of day, got a half dozen things started and none finished! So...yep another typical day. Came across a pet contest in the newspaper, pictures and little 'descriptions' underneath. Some of them are pretty funny-one is "smarter than owner" one is "160 pound couch hog"!! one is "high energy diva" hmmm, nope it's a cute little beagle, not Shadow! Have a great day everybody

Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 AM

hey all
well I ended up doing nothing yesterday !!!!
except running to sams club
Hubby and I ended up watching somemore old Law & order shows from the first season,he ordered the DVD and we are halfway through.
then we went out for cheesesteaks
it felt good to have a do nothing day

See you all on todays thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals