Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Well here we are the beginning of another week
You know, everyone once in a while they should skip Monday and start with Tuesday. We could bypass the Monday doldrums and I bet have a whole bunch of happier "I really dislike Monday folks"
We could rename it "pretend Tuesday"
hmmm as a matter of fact I am going to make a change in todays thread title

Walk is on hold, I am waiting to hear from the vet
Lola started coughing yesterday and I put a call in this morning
Sounds like when Ralph had kennel cough but she is much louder & croupier than he was.
I brought her out to the familyroom around 1 am so she wouldn't wake hubby and we both slept out there .

Once we have the dog situation under control I want to go out and finish up a couple last things in the backyard
Cutting back the jasmine that is on the fence and cleaning up the small
patio in the back of the garden it is covered with all sort of interesting plant leaves and stuff

uh oh the greyhound just decided it was 5 mins past her breakfast time and is loudly informing me of this "situation"

So what are you doing today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
What a good Mom your are to stay up with your little one Karla. We have a rainy Monday up here in NJ, but very needed. I had my break day yesterday with the brunch my daughter and I went to then followed by a movie with lots of popcorn and then of course that cookie dough ice cream at home and the list goes on. Today I must be good. Going to do a step work-out today then some house "stuff". Hope everyone has a good Pretend Tuesday Monday.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Sorry, but I can't participate. DH is leaving for the north on Friday and I have a list of stuff that will take us at least 4 days to get done before he leaves, so I'm afraid it really should be Sunday for me, not Tuesday.

If anyone understands that, please let me know!

Whatever day it is, enjoy it.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Hope Lola is ok!

Well, I thought the snow was going to blow by and miss us ... WRONG!! It's coming down all white and fluffy with the wind whipping it all over. It's going to make my upcoming walk miserable So, I've cheered myself up and made lowfat bannana bread. The house smells wonderful

Hope everyone has a great Sun/Mon or Tuesday! NMS we understand!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Sunday or Tuesday, whatever day it is.

Shadow decided to take a double walk this morning. Now I am all sweaty and tired. *sighs* Oh well. I was hoping the "cold front" would get here by now. They say we will cool off into the mid 70's.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Morning everyone,
Hope Lola is going to be alright.
I went to curves this morning and just got back. Cooling down some before a shower. That's about it for now.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM

hey all
well of course now that I called the vet she isn't hardly coughing at all

The vet called me back but I was out front moving the yard waste bags to the curb all 11 of them lol

well I got the back garden patio all cleaned up and took down the jasmine that was not doing well so now I am done with the back

snow!!! on time to get the big fan out

we are suppose to be getting rain from the same cold frot evey is waiting for

got hit by a few sprinkles and there is a delightful breeze but come on rain lol get here all ready

hmm it can be sunday for you NMS I had such a relaxing day yesterday I woudl like to revisit

ok gonna drag the last 3 bags to the curb get the blower to clean off the mulch that escaped the bags then take a nice shower

this time I will take the phone with me

oooo lets all have something really good and yummy tonight

we deserve it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Good evening!

It's been such a busy weekend I didn't even manage to check in on my beloved CD games!

The weather here is great and since my tailbone is behaving itself and not hurting so much anymore I could play a lot with DS today.

He had his first visit to the day nursery and was welcomed by all the other kids. Well he's the youngest now and they all find it interesting to have a "baby" in their group although most of them are only about 6 months older lol

Also went for two small walks with DS and while he was away cleaned the bedroom and got the washing mashine running.

The stupid thing with good weather is that the clothes dry wonderfully fast in the sun. That means two baskets of ironing for the evening program

Hope you all have a great day.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Karla, isn't that just like a dog? Just like your car won't make that noise for the mechanic...... Maybe it is just too much pollen or dust from the mulch.

What do you have to do to a jasmine to make it not grow well? The stuff takes over, and I have had 3 kinds of it to deal with over the years, I couldn't kill it.

Diana, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 AM

the vet said it has to just run its course
she said the same thing wen I told her that she was coughing less

evey it wasn't the kind of jasmine I thought when I put it in 3 years ago it was jst stringy looking and the leaves were yellow so out it came
I have to admit the corner looks so much nicer

I am going to setup a special photobucket thing tomorow and upload some before and after pics

It looks nice and manicured
I kinda miss the wild jungle look I use to have back there but this is a new look that is much more dog friendly

I think I am going to grill some steaks tonight

hey diana if you throw them in the dryer for a few minutes maybe you won't have to iron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals