Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey all back from school
the kids loves "plant your own cutting day"

rofl I am now positive that I will have no nails left for the wedding as yet another broke while we were digging up the potato's
we actually grew some !!!

ok what is it with our "broken" men !!

we found out yesterday that the orthopedic doctor wants to removes the rod that is in Mr Karla's thigh from when he broke it in 3 places years ago
he has been having some problems and now the xrays are showing that the scar tissue is producing calcium with is forming bone and between that and the calcium that is building on the heads of the screws this is why he is having pain.
So because he is wanting to do the job change (he has another interview tomorrow) he needs to get this done asap because when he gets a new job they may not be thrilled if he takes time off right after starting

so now comes the fun of trying to get through to the scheduling person 2 phone calls so far
ok so as long as I am in a don't mess with me mood I might as well attack the torture of shoe shopping

but hey I will be at the mall and we all know how much I love mall food !!!!!!!!
Karla, I hope Mr. Karla is pain free soon! My hubby had reconstructive knee surgery in the Fall and it was no picnic. He is much better now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everyone,
Just got back from NM last night. Needs rain really bad. Too many fires.
One of my brothers dogs is in real bad shape. They're giving him a week to see if he responds to more meds and then he may have to go to doggy heaven. He's in pain and can barely walk now. I've been rubbing on his legs some and he seems to not mind.
Charley, my s/o had a hernia operation several years ago and he was up and around within a couple of days. Hard to believe they're making you wait since you can't get comfortable.
Jeannie, this seems like the worst time ever to get our houses sold. It used to be so easy and an agent that works for you is exactly what you need. Just keep the attourneys out of it.
My house update is that we are 3 inches into the floodplain and now the county commissioner is passing the buck onto the state. Still waiting.
No exercise yet for me but I'll be walking this afternoon.
Talk later.
song, I am so sorry about your brother's puppy. I hope he doesn't suffer much longer. What is really upsetting me is the amount of energy that is being drained from me since we listed our home last August. It is effecting my husband and I and I can just imagine what it is doing to our kids. My husband called our realtor's manager today and had a long conversation with her. She seems to be open to the idea of the breaking of the contract if we would be open to taking another realtor from the same office. Just so happens that the woman we are interested in is in the same office and she would love to represent us. My husband will be meeting with our realtor and her manager on Thursday and hopefully then we can cut the ties and move on. The manager shared with my husband that our realtor is so busy she has 7 or 8 people working for her and as my husband pointed out, that is no excuse for the lack of communication. Our realtor even went as far as to lie to the manager today and told her she called our home this morning to update. Funny, no number on the caller ID or message was left though. Another reason I want to let her go. No integrity. Okay, I feel much better now, thank you for letting me vent.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Thanks Karla and Jeannie for the well wishes and all for Shaggy. The other dog and my dog seem to not be in a playful mood today like they're trying to be quiet and leave him alone. I just tried rubbing on him again and he's so lethargic.
Somehow I missed reading the post about Mr. Karla. Sending good vibes out to him.
Jeannie, I know the feeling about the energy being drained. It shouldn't be such a big deal but yet it is and causes tons of stress. Fortunatly, kids handle it better than adults. Hope this new agent works out for you.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
ok guess what you may not believe this but I bought 5 pairs of shoes today lol

1 that may be a possibility for the wedding and 4 pairs of summer shoes !!!
I even found a dress that may work for the rehearsal dinner and I went all by myself

We have a tentative date of the 22nd for his surgery
this will give him a week to recover before we leave for charleston

jeannie I think the new agent is gong to be a good thing especially because she sounds so excited about working with you guys

it is computer game night for hubby so I should be on late
anyone else still up

Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Hello, thought I would stop by here and read some of the posts. Might give me some inspiration. For when I can do some extra moving around. No bike riding here. Way too many inclines and then 'down clines' around here. No flat areas except for the lake's dam. Whenever our weather ever gets in tune with the calender then I'd like to drive to the dam and walk across it. We are 1 mile from there, but right now the knees say no way.

Hope that all get better and family members also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals