Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Well I am sure you all have guessed that I haven't walked yet considering it is 5:30

For some reason I have been up since around 2:30

lol maybe because I fell asleep around 9:00

So I though, well now that I have caught up on my CD reading I might as well start todays thread.

I will head out for our walk when Mr Karla leaves for work around 6:30

Pattie I have noticed that my NN hasn't been lurking the streets as much lately maybe it is NN stay home month

though when she finds out the house next door to me sold she is going to be ringing the phone

today is going to be a fun day
I am taking my carpet cleaner over to one of my friends from the jax forum house and we are going to clean her carpets
lol I told her that when you borrow the carpet cleaner you get me along with it
I love cleaning carpets, it is so cool to see the difference

then tonight is the first official "jax forum meet & greet"
I think we have 8 or 10 folks that are planning on showing up 3 of us have already met and hang out but it will be fun to meet the other folks that we have gotten to know on line

lol yup doing the hair & make-up thing cause you never know who may have a camera

So what are your plans for the day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 03:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Good morning Enjoy the meet and greet tonight. Should be fun.

I'm taking today off from walking. I've noticed that my body, particularly my lower body, is not responding the way it did before the surgery so maybe I need a little more time between walks - even these short ones I've taken.

However, I'll still be rooting for everyone else to get out there today and do something nice for their bodies.

Charley

Old 06-20-2008, 04:28 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Yep, the insomniac has given up on trying to go back to sleep. Decided it was time for a nice cup of tea.

When Shadow gets around to getting up we will take a short walk and then hit the beach. No rain this morning and none in the forecast for today.

Charley don't push yourself too hard. Attitude is everything and you have a great one for what you are doing. You will get there.

Karla, sounds like fun. Too bad you guys are so far away.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Charley don't push yourself too hard. Attitude is everything and you have a great one for what you are doing. You will get there.
Thanks. It is frustrating. My head is saying "OK - let's go already. You have things to do!". My body is saying "Why are you listening to that fool? Sit down and shut up". It's an interesting battle.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Please take it easy Charley. I pushed my knee too much and ended up out of commission for quite a long time. Slow and steady. The great thing is you've still got the drive in you!

Hope you have a great time at the meet tonight Karla.

Our local NN (trouble maker to be more exact) is keeping a very low profile. I think she bit off more than she can chew since the neighbors were talking about filing an harassment charge against her!

I got a nice surprise this morning. Jumped on the scales and the five lbs I lost the last couple of weeks I've managed to keep off. That makes 15 lbs down with a few more to go!

Heading out for my morning walk in a few. Yesterday we got to meet a few more folks in the neighborhood which makes the walk even more fun.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I got a nice surprise this morning. Jumped on the scales and the five lbs I lost the last couple of weeks I've managed to keep off. That makes 15 lbs down with a few more to go!
WAY TO GO!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Congrats, Tet! I am SO jealous!

Hey, Karla, can I borrow your carpet cleaner???

Did the 30 min. gym thing. Drove the bike and took the long way home. Gee, that reminds me of a song.....

Hang in there, Charley, you're still doing well. As my former MIL says, "Ya gotta creep before ya walk."

Old 06-20-2008, 06:44 AM

ok well slight change in plans
lol after Mr Karla left for work I fed the dogs and said I am just going sit on the couch for a few mins lol next thing you know zzzzzzzzzzz

I guess i will have to add some deep knee bends while helping riv clean the carpets rofl at least I won't have the audience like I do when I do DKBs while mowing

woo hoo tet on the weight loss !!!

heck evey next time your up in the middle of the night check to see if i'm on line
lol I am sure hubby would love it if I had someone else to chat with in the middle of the night

Old 06-20-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Hey, Karla, can I borrow your carpet cleaner???
Sure can
it is the one that has the built in hot air to help dry the carpets
when should we come down

oh btw tet I think you win the NN award
the neighbors were talking about filing an harassment charge against her! omg lol how did I miss those stories !!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:17 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Thanks for the Woohoos It feels good being a little slimmer and I owe a lot of it to you guys. Keeping me motivated and turning that whip of mine right back at me!

Karla, our NN has got some neighbors wishing she would move and another wanting to move. You would not believe some of the stuff this woman has pulled. I think the local police know her on a very personal basis. If I told you what she did to us you would be gob smacked. I'm just extremely glad that she doesn't live nextdoor or opposite me!

Well, got to get on with my walk now the hubster is trying to wake up!

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT FOLKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals