U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:01 AM

17,778 posts, read 20,981,966 times
Default Tuesday's "Early start" exercise thread"

Good morning everyone
Early start today I have to leave here at 6:45 to take ralph & lola to the groomers for a 7 am apt
Lola has gotten so furry that I know the heat is bothering her this will be ralphs first "spa" visit
so it should be interesting

While they are there I will run some errands to home depot walmart and the bank I found out one of our branches has a coin counter and they don't charge the 7% fee like those coin counting machines at the grocery stores do

hopefully the groomer will have them done by the time I am done so it will be one trip

I will do the walking thing when I get home probably around 10

so whats on your list for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,009,862 times
Wow, I'm first today. After you, of course, Karla!

I hope the furkids enjoy their spa day. Me? I'm taking NN to the Nail Spa where I'm having a pedi and she's having a mani (her first). Should be interesting to see if she can manage to spoil a pedicure on me! That would be tough to do.

Did my 45 min. bike ride, but it took 2 hours! Wellllll, at least it seemed that way. Funny, the first 25 min. took about 1 3/4 hours, while the last 20 min. only took 15! Go figure.

Only 3 more days till the trip. Can't wait. (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

Well, enjoy your day all. Talk to you soon.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 AM

8,192 posts, read 19,099,863 times
Morning peeps!

Pattie, I must not have been paying attention. I have "heard" you mention your trip a couple of times, but I don't think I know where you are going. Someplace distasteful?

LOL Karla. Doggie spa. *shakes head*

Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 AM

4,281 posts, read 6,561,864 times
I need to go to a spa! Never had my nails (fingers and toes) done.

Got the garden wet but I have to mow no matter what today. Heading out for a brisk walk first. Hopefully the hubster will get up in time to help me hang the curtains. I'm not going to push moving the treadmill until the weekend now!

This afternoon will find me up a ladder painting my Aunt's house and replanting her Hosta bed. I think I spend half my time covered in dirt or paint!

Hope everyone has a great day. Congrats on the good grade foma.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 603,431 times
Good morning! Not sure what is in store for me, my stomach is acting funny and I just overall don't feel like my 'usual' self. So I don't think I will be heading down to the pool this morning. We are having company this evening, my uncle and his lady friend, hopefully I will be feeling back to normal by this afternoon.

Do the doggies get their nails done at the spa as well? LOL I love having pedicures, haven't had one yet this summer, will have to make an appointment soon.

Glad to hear Charley is having fun!

Have a good day

Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Had my pedicure done. Oh, what decadence! I swear heaven is one endless line of pedicure stations.

LOL...Evey, I'm going to visit my mother and sisters in Northern NY. Family is one reason I live in Florida! You know how it is - they talk about disfunctional families, but I swear there's no such thing as a "normal" one! No, I'm not really looking forward to this trip. Last year, I spent a week w/Mom just before I moved down here. We got into the biggest fight of our lives the night before my last day. I'm sure it was nerves on both our parts. Oh, well, what are ya gonna do?

JnR, I hope you feel better. Ginger ale and rest. I swear by it.

Enjoy the day. If it doesn't rain, I'm headed to the pool shortly.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM

17,778 posts, read 20,981,966 times
hey all
well back form errands and lol the doggies day spa !!

they look so cute
lola is no longer a big fur ball

funny how the amount of change in the jar equaled the grooming bill
good thing they only go every few months

I cant believe it is only 1 it fells like it is much later
probably because I left the house so early

I think I am going to plop down on the sofa and veg for a bit

ooo a pedicure sounds nice hmm I may have to go tomorrow my toes have taken a beating from all the yard work and since all I wear is flip flops chipped polish looks yucky lol

Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,179,833 times
Hi, I'm Charley and I'm a foodaholic (... and the crowd says "Hi Charley")

Well, I'm back. The diet starts again tomorrow. I finally know why I haven't had the energy I've needed. During my time away, I received an email from a good friend with whom I worked for many years. She's a nursing director and in commenting on my surgery, she said ... "You should feel significantly improved at 6-8 weeks (notice I didn't say fully recovered). People really don't get that this is MAJOR surgery" Gee I wish the doctor told me this. I would not have rushed out to start walking so quickly!

Anyway, I'm home and glad to be here. I'm happy to see that you've all been walking and biking and working out.

NMS - Northern New York? Whereabouts? I just returned from five nights in Binghamton.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Well, you're closer to NNY than most people. My home town is Ogdensburg, NY, right on the Canadian border. In '99, I moved with my DH to Plattsburgh, which is 120 miles East of there on the Canadian/Vermont borders. Beautiful country, that.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:32 PM

12,534 posts, read 7,814,506 times
Dh called yesterday said he hurt his arm, came home and didn't want to hear any crazy talk about going to a dr, reconsidered, [to put it mildly] went in today. It's broken. He has a temporary cast until monday, then a regular one, for six weeks. And of course it's his right arm. Wrist actually. He asked me to go to the dr to help fill out forms, and I saw the x-ray, but I couldn't see anything-neither could he. This is gonna be fun, poor guy.

Anyway, I did manage to get a brief workout in this morning. That is all...

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 07-01-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals