U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,934,528 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
sorry I'm late I was over at chaos's

Well I think today could be called "Who isn't coming over" day

lol I have the annual termite inspection guy coming between 8-11 the TV guy who will put the 2nd new bulb in between 11-1 and the new appliances del between 1-5

so that means a day of waiting and a lot of noise as the dogs feel the need to bark big time at each new person who comes in

I also have to finish making room in the garage for the old W&D I just cant see letting the del guys take them away because they work fine and I know I can find some group that could use them

throw in some weeding while waiting for the "crew" and there you have my day

whats on your schedule
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,099,026 times
Well, I'm returning the mean green lime colored machine this morning - the car I rented to visit the outlaws. Don't know what else is going on until later when we go to Alexandria Bay for the dinner cruise. My sister and her hubby are coming, too, so it should be fun, as along as we can stick something in BIL's mouth to keep him from talking! Oh! Did I say that out loud??? LOL

Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,070,429 times
LOL Pattie!

Karla, have you heard of freecycle.org? It is an awesome website. The sole purpose if the site is to keep things that are still usable out of the landfill. In your case you could post an "offer-washer & dryer" and someone in your area who needs one would come & get it. Or there may be someone who has already posted "wanted-working washer & dryer". I have re-homed many things over the years to people who were unable to afford to replace things that had worn out.

Shadow & I have taken a walk around the block. We are now dodging the kitty, who is doing NASCAR laps around the house. When I finish my tea I will be heading next door for my daily 1-2 hours of helping the neighbors pack. In fact, yesterday I helped them to freecycle 2 sofas, a dining room suite, 2 dressers, a cedar chest, and 3 beds. It was all spoken for in under an hour.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,934,528 times
thanks for the info evey I will go and take a look

pattie I want to go on the dinner cruise with you guys what time should I be there

Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 AM

238 posts, read 516,214 times
Helloooo, i'm back!

I had an absolutley awesome time in Florida!!! I am so jelous of you all who live there!! It's so funny i got home this morning at 6am and went straught to bed. woke up at 1pm and its sunny here yet its not even near the warmth it is in Florida when there's thunder showers. English weather !

I hope you are all ok!!

Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,977,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I have the annual termite inspection guy coming between 8-11 the TV guy who will put the 2nd new bulb in between 11-1 and the new appliances del between 1-5
Gee I hope none of them need your ladders!

Good morning everyone.

I did my mile this morning and did a little bit of yard work. In a little while I'm going to do some very minor spackling - shouldn't take more than ten minutes. Slowly, I'm going to climb out of this physical hole and get cookin' again. Good thing my sense of humor never left me!

Rachx - sounds like you really enjoyed your time in Florida. That's wonderful.

Evey - Freecycle is great. We have a derivation of it, FreeShare. When my mother went to assisted living and we had an entire house to empty - quickly - we used FreeShare and gave away so much to others who really wanted it. That's so much better than adding to the landfills.

NMS - smooth sailing and bon apetit!

Charley

Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,070,429 times
Welcome back Rach! Glad you had a good time here. Wish I was able to appreciate the weather this time of year. I love it in the winter, but really have a hard time appreciating the summer.

Charley I think my neighbors are going to end up rehoming an awful lot of things. It is a good feeling to see someone who has been eating dinner standing up get a table & chairs or someone who has been sleeping on the floor get a bed.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,455,640 times
Glad to hear you had a good time Rach. Sometimes I miss English weather. Then I'm also the person who loves rain, so take me on a hike through the Lake District any day!

Pattie I want to come cruising with you too! As for your BIL, put the basket of breadsticks infront of him so he keeps his mouth full at all times!

I've never used Freecycle but have heard good things about it. I take all my stuff to Goodwill, give to family, friends, neighbors etc. My old washer and dryer never came off the storage truck. The driver had a good friend whose wife took him to the cleaners during their divorce and hey ... he needed a washer and dryer!

Well, yesterday I got most of a 55 foot wall painted so today I'm swapping the paintbrush for a spray can! We have these terrible brass light fittings which I'm going to experiment on. If all goes well I'm turning my attention to a small table and then hopefully I'll have the courage to tackle the bathroom cabinets. Can you believe I still haven't done them yet! I am such a CHICKEN!

Heading on out for my morning walk soon. They are predicting nasty weather early this afternoon so I need to get my arse into gear.

Hang in there Charley. You have already come so far so keep reaching!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,846,748 times
hi everyone! The mister is out mowing and I have to get ready for another fun-filled day of DOING STUFF together and he has NO patients for anything!!!

Spent almost an hour and a half at the dentist's yesterday-for a filling and a cleaning-but that filling took forever, guess itwas bigger than I thought. So, that was fun too...

Today, we are going to an old steam ship they turned in to a museum-state of the art stuff in 1911-but I did get some more flowers for the front-some goofy little clover-looking things called Gomphrena. I've got lotsa purple, lavender, hot pink, some white-and my big beautiful snowball plant/bush! Well, that sentence doesn't make any sense...oh well.

Hey hey way to go Charley! Have a great day folks.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,099,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
thanks for the info evey I will go and take a look

pattie I want to go on the dinner cruise with you guys what time should I be there
You best hurry, Karla. We have to be at the docks at 6:30. I truly wish you could make it. We'd have a ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or