Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times

Advertisements

lol it's another Monday

Back from running around in the back yard with chaos
lol who would of thought you could work up a good sweat that way
I think I even wore him out he gave me that "I am done aunt karla" look and went and laid on the patio

today is errand running day
I have got to get a birthday present in the mail oops lol the birthday was sat so guess I am not to late

I am going to go back to look at this one elliptical machine that I think will work

I will do my exercise DVD when I get home

So whats everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 05:37 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,723,123 times
Curves in just a minute here.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:47 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,025,649 times
Good morning everyone.

After two days of yard work, today I'm taking it easy. I feel OK - and want to stay this way so a little rest for the old guy! Maybe this evening, I'll get out and walk a little bit.

I tried an elliptical at the last hotel in which we stayed. Given my knee problems, I thought it would be a good idea but it was actually not. Because the machine dictates the position and flexion of the knee, it's a bad fit for me. My wife did seem to like it and it was one of the more frequently used machines in the fitness room. I'm an old fashioned guy. Give me a pair of sneakers, the pavement and some music and I'm ready to roll.

Hoping everyone has some productive exercise today ...

Charley

Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,603,862 times
Good morning Karla and all my exercise friends! I've missed you! We've been busy trying to sell this house of ours and although I wanted to wait until we were sure about things I figured I could use some positive thoughts and prayers from everyone here during this process. We are under contract as of this past friday. Yeah!! Now the fun begins with inspections and hoping that the buyers mortgage goes through. Needless to say, the tension is a tad bit high around here. A tentative closing date of August 5th but you know how that goes. I hope everyone is doing well here and I will keep everyone posted. Have a great day!

Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 AM

hey breeze nice to see you joining us

charley I agree with the sneakers and pavement but with as hot as our FL pavement is I need something inside

oh jeannie that is the "bestest" news ever !!! you know we are flooding you with positive thoughts

Old 07-14-2008, 06:01 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,025,649 times
YAY Jeannie! I'll keep good thoughts for you!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Wow Jeannine, that is a quick close. Now, remember to breathe. The inspector is not your enemy.

Shadow & I walked the neighborhood this morning.

After I am done absorbing caffeine I will be heading out to have a pre-trip inspection on my car. My husband & I are heading to Indiana later this week to look at houses. He is going to "help" me pick a house. *shaking head* He is also going to help me pack, load, and move. If the house I end up picking needs any major work done he will do that. Then he is coming back here to live. *still shaking head*

Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 AM

9,707 posts, read 14,208,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
So whats everyone doing today ?
Well, Karla....I just got back from Curves....late exercise start today, thanks to the start of my 4 a.m. work day, as in "earning money" work. Good news.....I got weighed/measured: Body Fat % went down again, all measurements went down at least 1/4 inch, weight down 3 lbs. and I only weigh/measure once/month. Weight I don't care about.....Body Fat % is important to me! I'm pumped, and ready for 4 more visits to the circuit this week!

Uncle Sam Cereal and lots of fresh fruit and veggies helped the cause this month...plus 8 big glasses of water a day.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:34 AM

evey he might be the one needing shaking
you thought we had fun with the "daid hubby" imagine how much fun we could have shaking one

did he give you any reason why he wants to go back and continue the back breaking stuff that just doesn't sound like fun to me

p.s. how far are you from Tampa looks like we may have to plan this get together pretty fast though hmm never hung out in Indiana

Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Well, Karla....I just got back from Curves....late exercise start today, thanks to the start of my 4 a.m. work day, as in "earning money" work. Good news.....I got weighed/measured: Body Fat % went down again, all measurements went down at least 1/4 inch, weight down 3 lbs. and I only weigh/measure once/month. Weight I don't care about.....Body Fat % is important to me! I'm pumped, and ready for 4 more visits to the circuit this week!

Uncle Sam Cereal and lots of fresh fruit and veggies helped the cause this month...plus 8 big glasses of water a day.
woo hooo those are some good losses
I agree with the weight thing I because of the weight lifting I did years ago I have a lot of muscle so I weigh much more than I look
shocks the Dr and gym folks when I would get on the scale
which brings up another pet peeve of mine lol if you go to the Dr and it is a week since you were there why do they make you get on the scale again !!!!
I think it is one of their "lets just work her nerves even more" ways

btw what is Uncle Sam cereal ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals