Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Everyone !!!!!
I did some serious "sleep catch up" last night
I went to bed at 9:30 and didn't get up until 6:45 lol I might of even slept later but hubby forgot that our "sunday morning breakfast friends" were out of town and woke me so we wouldn't be late

The "boys dad" is home till this afternoon so I didn't have to go over for dog duty (or doodie lol)

Today exercise will be "play in the yard day" I am going to be mowing,w/w and edging
hubby is going to be finishing the raised herb bed I have 160# s of topsoil & compost so I hope that is enough to fill the beds

Now I need some suggestions
I want to paint the 8" high wood frame for the bed and need some color suggestions
I was thinking of using a bright yellow because that color attracts ladybugs
But I don't want it to look like a school bus took a wrong turn and ended up in my garden

So what color do you think would look good with all of the green plants that will be going in ?

So what will you be doing today ?

p.s. 4 days till 3 of us get to meet I am getting so excited !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 06:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
GOod one, Karla - dog doodie/duty!

I'll show you the Snake Dance when we get together this week. I'm not sure it'll have the same effect, tho.

Going to see if we can find a pair of earphones to work w/our new tv so I can watch it while DH is snoozing. I don't get it. Why can you hear the tv better in the sitting room than you can in the lanai when the set is on the lanai???

Anyway, Sunday - day of rest. Catch y'all later.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
GOod one, Karla - dog doodie/duty!

I'll show you the Snake Dance when we get together this week. I'm not sure it'll have the same effect, tho.
lol I can bring props

Old 08-03-2008, 06:55 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Good morning everyone,

Karla - bright yellow will be a nice contrast to all the green. While it will attract lady bugs, will it attract any unwanted visitors?

Did two miles this morning - but I still don't have the kind of energy that I had before the surgery. It's been nine weeks and everyone keeps saying it's normal, especially with all the humidity and heat we've had. Doesn't seem right.

Anyway - I hope everyone has a nice day!

Charley

Old 08-03-2008, 07:12 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Welcome back Charley!

Karla, I tend to like bad colors that don't really go with anything so I will refrain from offering suggestions.

My poor dog is all tired out from 2 days of missing out on her beauty sleep so she could be the official greeter at the yard sale. She did a rare thing this morning & actually went to the bathroom in her own yard. So, no walk for me this morning.

After we get back from breakfast I will be cleaning out my car so I can get some pics to post it for sale on craigslist. My car won't survive the trip to Indiana so I am selling it.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol I can bring props
Um, gee, uh, well, thanks, but I think I'll pass.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:22 AM

morning charley 2 miles in the am is a nice way to wake up

evey lol I was considering purple

hey maybe I will do each section different colors
lol instead of it looking like a school bus parked it will be like the partridge family stopped by

ok off to "play in the yard"

Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Thanks Evey.

Karla - it's funny you should mention purple because I was having second thoughts about the yellow. I was thinking that maybe a cranberry color would make the greens seem even more green. Maybe the yellow might be too bright and make the greens seem a little dull.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
LOL Charley! I was thinking more of a terra cotta or something rustic. Cranberry would work.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM

lol so bright pink would be a no then !!!!!

ok the yardwork is done !!

so is the frame for the herb garden
now all I have to do is fill it with dirt and plants
it is way too hot out there so that will have to wait till tomorrow

I will have to go take a picture so you will have a visual for color selection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals