Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

they are calling for 93 degrees today so I am going to get started early moving the top soil & compost to the back yard imagine my surprise when what I thought was 160# is actually 200#

I have a feeling though that I am going to have to make a run to the nursery for more

this should cover my upper-body work out requirements for the day lol or even the week
not to mention some aerobic exercise pulling the cart from the front to the back
hmm maybe thats why hubby decided that today would be the "go to the office day" tee hee

ok off to go feed and let the "boys" out

Whats are you going to do today ?

lol if you bored you can come help me move dirt !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Good morning Karla.

I've had a week off last week and I did a lot of running around with DS. We visited the zoo, went into his babypool every day and did more bike tours than were healthy for me lol.

I also slept a lot thus didn't eat so much rofl

Already had some biceps exercises today and plan to do some leg work.
Also have to do the grocery shopping today so some more running around.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times
I have a physical for my 8-year old son Zachary, and an orthodontist appt. for my almost 13 year old son. Then I am going to my school to get my keys for my classroom. I also have my bootcamp tonight, where he can see that I am back to the original weight of 5 weeks ago!

But, I am sticking to the diet, and having my tea....banana for breakfast, and then fruits, raw veggies and nuts every 1-3 hours. It's a diet recommended by them, and in the first 2 weeks of the boot camp it really worked- I lost 6 pounds. Then I found beer and chocolate again

Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Welcome, mrshvo! I'm glad you stopped by. Believe me, I understand about the beer and chocolate. WOman's two main food groups!

Well, I did my 30min. weight workout at the gym, with my 10 min. bike ride over and, for the first time since coming back from vacation, I did a slightly longer route home - 15 min. I'm getting there. Now, if only the scale would acknowledge all my efforts.

DH and I were supposed to go visit the guy who has my life insurance policies, but we don't see any reason to go, so we're going to cancel. Man, am I glad about that! I was worried he wanted to up my insurance and maybe make me "disappear!" We had quite a talk yesterday. He's bored (and whose fault is that, with everything that's available to us here?), doesn't like living in an "old fart" community (90% of these people are more active than he or I would ever think of being), yada, yada, yada. We didn't really resolve much, but at least the lines are open. I'm not too sure what we're going to do today. If his stomach issues continue, we will be making a dr. visit. He's lost 13 lbs. in the pst 8 or 9 days since he started this. I should be so lucky to have lost that, but I wouldn't want to do it the way he has. OK, thanks for listening to my woes.

Have a great MOnday, y'all.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 AM

hey all
welcome aboard Mrshvo !!

wait beer & chocolate are not 2 of the good food groups !!!!!
well what do you know !!!!

ok it has been a busy morning so far
back from the "boys" house woo hooo dry & clean crate !!!!
got them all fed and exercised
then ran to the nursery and picked up 160#s more of top soil
got home and "schlepped" all 360# to the back yard
I so love my "rolly cart" only I found the hard way that I can only put 2 bags at a time on it
lol I am "glowing" so much my dogs won't come near me
ok off to post "todays ?" then I will go back out and start spreading the dirt
ooo I better go get a picture before I get any further

Old 08-04-2008, 06:53 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Good morning all. I was going to go out to walk this morning, but (what else is new) I just didn't have the energy to get out of bed. I think maybe after lunch I'll give it a try.

Karla - did you choose a color to paint the wooden borders?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 AM

morning charley
here are a couple pictures
I wanted to get them before the bags of dirt were put in but !!! my NN saw me schlepping the bags and had to "help" by putting them from the cart into the garden sigh !!! good thing I stopped her before all the bags ended up in there
I really like how hubby surrounded the oregano patch with its own little border
the plant to the right is rosemary

so what color do you think will "pop"

Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 AM

I'm still thinking a cranberry color will work very nicely there. I think with the yellow, the eye will be drawn to the wood, with the cranberry, the eye will be drawn to the folliage. BUT ... that's just my thought. Anyone else?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 AM

Looks a little more purple than cranberry, but you get the idea.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 AM

that may work well also the terra cotta evey suggested will work too
hey cant I use both
one for the front and a separate color for the oregano border

ooo if you go to the Saturdays exercise thread I posted pictures of the greyhound puppies !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals