Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone !!!
Well I am all caught up on my sleep
as you can tell since it is after 7 lol

today I am taking the car in lol it started "yelling" at me yesterday as I was driving home that it was time for the oil change
so it is f;ashing that I am -117 miles over
cars are just getting way to pushy now days

So get this when I called on my way home to make the apt
the service manage I was talking to asks "did you use to work for ***"
when I said yes he said I'm so & so
He was the assistant to the dept head when I was there and was part of the group that would hang out during lunch & breaks
it has been years

sigh that means I am going to have to "clean up" before I go in lol but the good part is he tells me he will give me a discount and then asked if I wanted a Acura TL or a MDX as my loaner as tempting as it is to check out the MDX its a SUV and well lol you know the gas prices !! I told him he can give me the TSX like I drive
But wait lol I just realized it not like a rental when you have to replace the gas you use !!!! hmmm maybe I will try the MDX

ok I told hubby that today or tomorrow we have to go get the elliptical
I decided to use some of my winnings on having it delivered and them putting it together
I read it can take regular folks 3 or 4 hours and they weigh about 200#'s so i think it will be money well spent

So what are you all doing today !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 06:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Morning peeps!

I have been outside for just over an hour doing battle with the mosquitoes. Now it is raining, and there is big rain on the radar, so we might just cancel the yard sale for today and try again next weekend. My neighbor, who is also yard saleing today has a bunch of people trapped in her garage, maybe they will get brave & come over here.

Shadow & I took a short walk in the dark this morning, but the wind was blowing so Shadow was spooking at everything.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:24 AM

morning evey
I was woken up yesterday at my fILs by the rain & thunder and was wondering if it would affect your sale

hey if there is a group trapped in your neighbors garage they need to come over to yours because you have that nice covered sale area

or lol you could always just hop in the car with shadow and come up here to visit !!!!
if we could talk pattie into coming too we could have a great visit !!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Visit?? Me?? Too shy! LOL

Was going to ride my bike this a.m., but woke up to the sound of thunder, so I didn't think that'd be such a good idea. It looks like a nice, quiet, gray day. Good day to hang out on the lanai and read a good book.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:22 AM

hey pattie
if you havent been over to the ? 0' the day
its natl read a book day !!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:35 AM

OO! I missed that! I'll do my part.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,618 times
Good morning all!

Today hubby and I are going to attempt the tile on the wall surrounding the fireplace. We laid it all out on the floor last night, measured and re-measured, switched tiles around, agonized over where to put the sun and moon tiles, etc... It is really going to look nice when done (we hope! LOL). We couldn't make it easy on ourselves and just use 12" tile no, we had to decide on something more 'jazzy' so we are doing a 6" tile in the center and two 3"x12" tiles bordering the 6"... and this our first residential tile job. LOL Hubby had done some tile in a commercial warehouse building that he ran his business out of years ago but that didn't have to look good. Anyway, wish us luck!

Will go out for a quick walk, come in and work on tile and then my friend, who is a masseuse (how ever you spell that one!) is going to give me a massage later this afternoon. Ahhhh... I can feel the tension letting loose already!

Step-son had a job interview yesterday, he will find out today if he gets the job. He also brought home a bunch more applications, he is trying!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 PM

JnR, it sounds like everything's coming together. Let us know how your project turns out, ok? And best of luck w/SS's job search.

Guess who called me from Pennsylvania last night? Yep. NN. And she came right out and said she had to call to find out what's going on in the neighborhood! I can't get away from the woman! Her son came over from the other coast today to pick up her mail and pay her bills. He washed our car for all the stuff we do for his mom!! Cool, huh?

If anyone knows Bebette, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Her family had a terrible loss this week.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM

will do pattie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals