U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,921,886 times

Advertisements

But now it looks like fay is going to come see us in Jax and then make a left turn and head west if she goes a bit north of us before turning we will be on the south side and would only get rain
we are just hoping she doesn't go so far east as to "swim" in the ocean 12 miles east of us then turn because she could build some strength in the ocean

Finally saw Jim Cantore on the weather channel he was being blown around in naples

he is not allowed to come here !!!!

ok I am a tad sore(ok a little more than a tad ) this morning I think getting the elliptical up to over 6 mph is the reason lol it was like jogging on the machine

hubby has a director call at 9:30 so the kids and I will go into the bedroom
because they always "act up" when ever someone is on the phone
I guess I can always clean the bathroom and the kids can watch tv

You 2 in the south stay in until the weather passes

So whats on everyones list for today

p.s. here is the track from the navy
http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc08/ATL/06L.FAY/ssmi/gif/full/Latest.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Morning peeps!

Fay came ashore a little farther south than they were thinking. It looks like we might not even get any rain here. The wind is blowing, but not very hard. It is overcast. I am having the "so glad I spent so much time moving potted plants & lawn furniture" blues. I will take that over having a chainsaw in my hand for a week!

Shadow took full advantage of the breeze & clouds this morning to drag me around the golf course.

Karla, you look out for tornadoes. You are now on the northeast side of this thing. Doppler was showing lots of spin (potential tornadoes) this morning.

Pattie, you got off easy for your first storm. Mine was Andrew. Hope you are not drowning down there.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 786,987 times
Good morning everyone! Glad to hear that you Floridians were able to escape hurricane wrath, although I am sure that there are still other issues to deal with (tornadoes, lots of rain, ???). Ho hum, we just have our boring California weather here... LOL

Actually some of the coastal fog made it into our valley here so a little on the chilly side this morning. Not sure if I am up for adult swim, I hate to get into the water unless it is warm/hot outside. Maybe a nice 30 min walk around the neighborhood is in store for me instead. Then off to do town errands and back for more laundry and general stuff around the house.

How are you feeling this morning Charley?

Have a great day!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM

hey all
evey glad to see that you and pattie missed most of the rain
you know thats because you guys cleaned out areas to put things

I went out this morning and bleached the screenroom floor all the rain we have gotten the past few weeks made the concrete yucky
then I headed over to the small patio in the back of the yard and got that all cleaned up
I took pictures as soon as they up load I will post them

we are still waiting to see what fay is going to do

chilly !!! JnR I would love some chilly
want to trade

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 786,987 times
Yep, chilly... it is 9:20 here and it is 60 degrees outside! Brrrr.... Our high today is only supposed to be 88 degrees. So, me and swimming pool don't get along so well at 60 degrees outside... LOL

Trade?? Hmmm... I would consider it if I didn't have to take the humidity along with the warmth. LOL

Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 AM

I just looked at the radar looks like evey and pattie are getting a good rain dousing
I hope you guys are staying in the house no "singing in the rain " please

Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 AM

I think Pattie has been getting rain since early thirty this morning. The eye passed over Ft. Myers. We still have not had a drop here. The storm is sucking all of the air into itself and it is hard to breathe outside. Good thing this storm did not have a chance to intensify before it made landfall.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,840,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
The storm is sucking all of the air into itself and it is hard to breathe outside. Good thing this storm did not have a chance to intensify before it made landfall.
What do you mean by that? Sounds really weird!

Finaly finished up mine-did dog duties, came home, did some online shopping with my 30% Kohls discount[] kept timing me out-man what a pain! Then did my exercises, then did all the ones I forgot (for my arms) and now I really have to get it in gear.

It's pretty chilly up here too, supposed to be 80, it's only 70. I keep forgetting, though, that summer's on it's way out. How depressing.

Hope you all stay safe and dry!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM

Fuzzy sometimes these big storms actually draw the wind into themselves so they can blow it back at you later. Same with the water, they suck all of the water out and then slam it back at you when the storm gets here. I am sure there is a meteorological term for it, but I don't know what it is.

Has anyone heard from Pattie?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:06 PM

7,282 posts, read 17,212,545 times
Pattie posted this morning in yesterdays thread. Got some light rain. I'm glad you all are doing okay with this storm.
Hope Charley is doing okay too with his issues.
I'm dragging today after the walk and the dogs are zonked out now too so we're all laying around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals