Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
It's Tuesday even though it feels like another Monday
lol I think my brain is confused I thought this week was next week
I was getting things ready for a meeting that I thought was tomorrow but is really next Wed

Going to go hit the elliptical in a bit then this afternoon I need to go out and find some shoes to wear when we go to Disney on the 30th, something that will be good for all the walking and can also get wet incase we encounter any water rides
lol and we all know how much I "love" shoe shopping

Pattie I hope you find a good ortho and get all fixed up

Tet I hope your feeling better today
I will have to send up some FL sunshine to speed the healing

Evey any news on the house

So whats on your list for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Well, I have a breakthrough ... got the sweats! I think those are a good sign that the cooties are leaving me.

Pattie I hope you get some good treatment for your arm ... you really need to give up pole dancing!

Evey I am so happy for you! Still keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transaction. Will you be able to send us some photos?

Hope everyone is doing great today.

Keep ya chin up Charley.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Working on that list, Karla.

I had a question for my insurance co. which I just got answered. Now it's time to call the ortho guy and make an appt. Woopdee doo as Archie would say.

Oh - going to lunch today with the ladies in the cul-de-sac, which should be fun. I get to have an "adult beverage" at lunch! Yay!!! I'll tell you, I sure could have gone for one of those when I got out of that stupid MRI machine yesterday. Never again.

Anyway...enjoy your day, all

Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
Karla, we had a verbal acceptance on my counter offer late Friday. The seller sent an addendum with the accepted price but not the actual contract. Since they were evacuating Houston ahead of Ike they told us it would be today or possibly tomorrow before we had the contract, but that they would extend the time period for inspections accordingly. A major hurricane is an extenuating circumstance in my book, and I am inclined to be a little bit patient for once in my life. Camping in my firend's dining room would be getting old fast if my husband was here, but since it is just me & my friend (and 7 dogs & 2 cats) we are having a grand time.

Tet, I do have pics but I am on a borrowed computer with an excruciatingly slow dial up connection. Once I get mine out & running I will upload some pics.

Pattie, I have torn my rotator cuff a couple of times. It hurts like heck, but it will heal all by its ownself if given enough rest.

Shadow & I have hiked the back field this morning. We found fresh deer tracks down by the creek where the ground is still a little squishy from all of the rain.

I have lost 6 pounds since I got here.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Well, I have a breakthrough ... got the sweats! I think those are a good sign that the cooties are leaving me.

Pattie I hope you get some good treatment for your arm ... you really need to give up pole dancing!

Evey I am so happy for you! Still keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transaction. Will you be able to send us some photos?

Hope everyone is doing great today.

Keep ya chin up Charley.
Why, Tet! Have you been peaking in my windows again???

Old 09-16-2008, 08:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times
Woo hoo evey !!!
ok thats it I am going to eveys farm
I really want to lose 6 #s

pole dancing hmmm I have heard it is really good exercise

ok elliptical done I added 10 extra minutes for pattie & tet

now I am headed off on the shoe quest
well after a quick stop for a cheesesteak

and I wonder why I can't lose the 6 #s

Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 AM

Don't worry, Evey...that 6 lbs. you lost??? I found it!

I'd never heard it could heal. Mine would hurt, then not hurt, then hurt some more. Had enough, thank you. My arm feels like a 20 lb. weight is just hanging off my shoulder. Let's hope the dr. is good looking!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
Ooohhhhh Karla, enjoy that cheesesteak.
Tet, I'm glad you are feeling better.
Pattie, I've never had an mri and I don't think I ever want to. I'm claustrophobic. Your arm will heal, it takes time though.
At least it sounds to me like you got your house Evey; just gotta wait for that paperwork.
Does Shadow like to chase deer?
I can't keep my dogs away from them.
Exercise wise, I did pilates today. Someone in town is doing some linedancing on Tues. and Thurs. starting today. I'm gonna go check that out this afternoon. I'm not a country music fan but I'll see how the exercise/dancing is.
Oh and congrats Evey for losing 6 pounds.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
LOL Cheryl! Shadow likes to track the deer from their scent, but the few times she has seen them she has puffed up in terror. This is the same dog that has no compunction about chasing wild pigs which can be pretty mean. I never did meet a deer that behaved in an agressive manner, but maybe she is intimidated by the fact that they seem to travel in groups of 4 or more.

Funny, we grow hay here on the farm and the deer don't seem to care much about grazing on the nice alfalfa. We see them in the soy bean fields that are next door and the corn fields across the street.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Why, Tet! Have you been peaking in my windows again???
No! Your NN told me!

It's good to hear everyone is doing ok, eating well and losing too! I made a big batch of veggie chili ... get the sweats kicking in so I'll be bouncing back.

Ooh my terrier loves deer! We have to be careful at the moment since there seems to be an increase of bears in the area. That last wee before bedtime he is definitely on a leash! Further up north we have to be careful due to a wolfpack in the area and cayotes. All we need is lions and tigers ... oh my!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals