U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,921,886 times

Advertisements

When I let the dogs out this morning it was actually cool out there !!!!!
So much that I was able to leave the door open and felt the cool breeze

Ok kinda in a rush this morning
hubby has a physical scheduled and we have to leave at 8:30
This may end up in a "CTJM" because he wants me to be part of the lab test result discussion and the DR does not like spouses in the room
You know I have been "spoiling for a fight" so he better not "mess with me"

I will be back to read all of yesterdays posts and chat more

Whats your weather like and what are your plans for the day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:29 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times
Give 'em hell, Karla! Tell the doctor he doesn't get to decide who hears what. Your husband does.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:38 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Karla! You are finally getting a breath of fresh air! Yay! It was 46 here this morning and is on the way to a low humidity 80.

Apparently my dog is all worn out. She only headed 1/2 way down the side of one field this morning, then headed back to the house for breakfast. She ate then got back in bed! *shakes head*

I have a few errands in town this morning, but no teaching to do today. I will likely be very bored by this afternoon. I could be out looking at paint, flooring, & furniture but I think it is bad luck to do that before the inspection. So I will wait. Maybe a nap would be nice.......

Old 09-19-2008, 07:39 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,450,521 times
Tough *****! If your hubster wants you there ... the Dr. needs to get off his/her high horse and understand!

Nice and sunny here with a slight breeze. I've got the patio doors open and the living room windows, so the breeze blows straight through. Very nice. We're also supposed to get upto the mid 70s!

Will be heading out for my morning walk once the hubster awakes from his snoring slumber!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Evey, how is the house front?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,921,886 times
hey all well we are back

and I am glad to say there were no confrontations rofl I guess I never gave him the chance I just waltzed right in with hubby into the room with this don't even think of it look on my face

good to know I had "my crew " behind me
lol I even told the nurse "I asked others and they all agreed !!!
wow 46 to 80 thats quite the temp swing

I cant wait till we have the open window breeze factor hopefully in a month

ok now I am going to go ellipticaling

Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times
... and hopefully what the doctor said was good!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,091,286 times
OK, but what's CTJM???

Good for you, Karla. I had DH come into the room with me this morning when I talked to the dr. The whole office there was really supportive of it. It's good I did because I've already had to ask him one thing the dr. said.

OK, here's the scoop. I'm a mess. I have the torn rotator cuff (which we all knew about), osteoarthritis, a huge bone spur on the shoulder, atrophy of one of the muscles involved (just a little, tho). So shoot me now, ok?? The operation is scheduled for Oct. 2. I get to tell NN that she's going to have to find somebody else to drive her to her next appt. because I won't be driving for a while. So, there is a good side!

The dr. is rather cute, so it shouldn't be too bad. I could have had it done next week, but DH and I both have several appts. to go to next week, so we pushed it back one week. I'm already practicing with my left hand. The good news is I can eat ok w/that hand!

So I'm done w/the gym for quite a while. I may have to take up walking. That's ok. I've done that before.

So that's the story, folks. Have a great day.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,840,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OK, but what's CTJM???

I'm already practicing with my left hand. The good news is I can eat ok w/that hand!
So that's the story, folks. Have a great day.

I know, I know!!! Of course, I didn't realize til i was doing my arm workout-it's Come To Jesus Meeting So, did the arms and threw in some leg stuff during, more bang for the buck. Once again the day is just getting away from me, so off I go-the dryer just called.

So, what kind of surgery will they do Pattie? Will you be good as new? I hate to mention this, but as far as doing stuff left handed, umm...using the ladies room is going to be a lot different too. DH is still having some issues-not with using the ladies room, but, anyway. Sorry. Well, now you know why you were in so much pain. Wow!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Wow Pattie, at least you know why it hurts so much. Hopefully the surgery will fix it good as new!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM

7,282 posts, read 17,212,545 times
Hi everyone.
Pattie, walking is good for you. Just make it brisk and up a few hills. Make it challenging and it's good exercise. Will it help if you get in some water like a pool and move your arm a little at a time? Maybe that' will be part of physical therapy.
I did the malibu pilates today, my first 45 minute workout (the other ones were for 20 minutes getting used to the moves, positions, etc.) and it is tough but hopefully one day, I'll have the malibu pilates body. Now I'm rolling on the floor laughing but I'm gonna give it my best shot.
The dogs are sleeping now. Whiskey took the sheets off the clothesline for me so I had to rewash them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals