U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,921,886 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
lol yup I am running behind didn't get up till 7 then had to check in on a couple threads
So here I am

Today they are calling for 80 % rain
I will hit the elliptical in a bit
then we have to run to Home Depot during hubbys lunch with a side trip to the pet store for dog food forgot to get it yesterday there was just enough for the kids breakfast

if the rain holds out or there is a break I am going to try to get the plants I bought yesterday in the front beds. Maybe if I add some fall colors fall will actually show up !!!!

So how will you start the new week
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Morning peeps!

I started the day with a hike through the hay fields. The hay is getting taller & now my shoes get pretty wet. My dog, who will not touch wet grass apparently does not mind wet alfalfa one bit. It is foggy out this morning so everything was extra wet. Blech! Wet socks.

On my list for today is a trip into town to get some insurance for my new vehicle and find a few groceries.

Fall offically starts today! Yay!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 AM

3,367 posts, read 10,039,911 times
Morning all!

Had fun mountain biking yesterday - I am still nervous of the big rocky downhills, but getting braver!

A two mile run this morning - felt good in the cool fresh air

I have 100 boring things to do which involve email and phone so I'll be horribly inactive today.....but I will sit & bounce on the exercise ball while I do them!!

Happy autumn everyone!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,450,521 times
You wouldn't think it was the first day of Fall here! Looking at temps in the high 70s and muggy. Tomorrow they're predicting 80s!

Heading out for my morning walk soon and then I'm finally tackling the bathroom cabinets. I've been a complete chicken about painting them but I got some professional advice so hopefully I don't mess them up.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM

3,367 posts, read 10,039,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
You wouldn't think it was the first day of Fall here! Looking at temps in the high 70s and muggy. Tomorrow they're predicting 80s!

Heading out for my morning walk soon and then I'm finally tackling the bathroom cabinets. I've been a complete chicken about painting them but I got some professional advice so hopefully I don't mess them up.

Have a great day everyone.
Good luck with the painting! Keep the windows open, don't let the fumes get to you!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 786,987 times
Good morning!

Hubby has decided that we are going to head down to the pool for adult swim... brrrr... I don't like getting into the water unless it is warm outside, but I will go along and see how I do. The sun is burning off the fog early so maybe by 10am it will be a little warmer. Then off to town to get groceries for the week and to get a couple of plastic windowbox planters. I bought some winter greenhouse sweet pea seeds and the package says if I plant them now, I should have beautiful fragrant sweet peas in time for Christmas!

Have a great day all

Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,091,286 times
Looks like everybody's into different fall-type activities today.

Me? I'm trying to get things done before the big O (operation, that is - get your minds out of the gutter, now!), so I weeded all the 3 "gardens" out front. Boy, did that need it. I was more than glowing when I got done. DH trimmed a bunch of stuff out back. Don't worry - he did ok.

I think I managed to tick off NN this morning. naturally, she had to come by, see what I was doing. She's had a thing about our front lamppost since before we moved in. For a while, before we got down here, it wasn't working. Whenever I came down, I would change the light bulb. I had my friend's DH check it out for me, had another guy check it out. Nobody could figure out what was wrong. She's told me that she was going to hire an electrician to have it fixed. I told her it was a good thing she didn't, because I wouldn't have paid the bill if she did! She nagged me and nagged me about that stupid thing. Finally, the 1st week DH was here, he fixed it so I wouldn't kill her. Well, every time the lightbulb dies, she can't wait to tell me. Now, I didn't sleep well last night, so that filter between the brain and mouth??? Not working today. So Pattie's a bit cranky. Well, she comes over and sure enough, "Oh, by the way....your light's out." And before I could stop it, my mouth opened up and spouted, "Well, ya know, it's a good thing we have you to be the light police around here." No matter what, it got her to go away!

Enjoy your day, all.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,840,115 times
So, she's the light police-is she also a window monitor?

After taking a break all weekend-although I did feel realy guilty about it!-I got back in the saddle again today. Have 2 weeks til the big snoozapalooza aka "party'' with the in-laws, gotta get in shape for that! Actually it's for my mil's 85th birthday and the woman is in better shape than I am! Well, close. Sort of.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM

7,282 posts, read 17,212,545 times
Happy Fall Equinox everyone; where the day and the night are of equal length.
Did the pilates this morning. They make it look so easy on the dvd and I'm here to say, it's not easy.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 PM

4,320 posts, read 8,245,713 times
I guess this a journal of exercise? anyways just found it. I rode my bike to work today 3.4 miles each way....does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals