U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,971,907 times

Advertisements

rofl I have absolutely no idea why that song came in my head
Maybe because I know that somewhere out there a lawn was waiting to be mowed lol mine !!!

We have to run to home depot this morning first so hubby can get hinges for the beautiful jewelry box he made as a birthday present for my brother it is 2 different kinds of wood Sapelli trimmed with Wenge
I want to get it in the mail today which is his birthday but since we had "hinge" issues I couldn't send it before
oh well he will get it Monday

He also made another one out of Zebra wood for another present
I will take pictures before they get sent

So other than mowing/edging/ww the lawn I will also start sorting the clothes to pack for "Mickey land" though I know I will be waiting till monday night to actually pack them

What are y'all going to do this weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM

439 posts, read 476,184 times
Right now its rainy and dreary and I have to go out and pick up a couple things for a casserole I'm making to take to a potluck this afternoon. I really feel like going back to bed!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,971,907 times
good morning cablejockey
welcome to the exercise thread
rainy days are perfect for climbing in bed with a good book !!!!!
You can send us the rain if you want

Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,122,494 times
Good morning, and welcome cablejockey.

Please don't send any rain to SW Florida. I want DH to grill some ribs we were supposed to have last night, but since neither of us was very hungry, it didn't happen.

Not much going on here today. I think we'll be making a quick trip to Publix, tho. Just for a couple of things. Let's see if we can get out of there for less than $100! LOL

Karla, you sound excited about your trip. Wish I were there instead of where I'm going to be this week! My surgery's going to at least delay our DisneyWorld vacation, if not cancel it. Last year, DH fell and hurt his back. This year, it's my turn. Bummer. Too bad Mickey doesn't make house calls!

Enjoy the weekend, all.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,121,016 times
Morning peeps!

Welcome to the group cablejockey! You can send rain here, we would be happy to see it.

Pattie, what day is your surgery? We want to be sure to send extra good vibes your way that day. I am not online as much as I want to be due to my lack of patience with the dial up, so I am sure I have missed some vital info.

Shadow & I took a short walk around the small field this morning. Apparently she was ready for breakfast. If I have any energy left this afternoon we will go walk along the river.

I will be off to look at houses here in about a half an hour. Still feeling sorry for myself for the house that failed the inspection, but reminding myself what an awful project it would have been to re-plumb the entire house from the basement through the main floor to the upstairs, including all of the pipes for the radiators and the boiler itself. Hmmmm, maybe not feeling so sorry after all.........

There was one really cute old house that we were not able to see last time that is on the list for today. It has an incredible yard with very nice apple trees and a huge detached garage. Also going to take a second look at one from last time, plus whatever my agent thinks I might like.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,122,494 times
Everything happens for a reason, Evey. Maybe you'll find the absolute perfect house today. Best of luck, my friend.

Surgery is Thursday. Can't wait. Actually, I'll be glad to have it over and done with. But I'm not looking forward to just hangin' around for a month or so.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:59 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,470,142 times
Pattie the wine rack is stocked! Don't stress yourself lady. You'll be just fine. Sorry Mickey doesn't make housecalls

Well, getting some much needed rain today. In between drops I'll be heading out to pull a few weeds and do some fertilizing.

Evey, sorry the house inspection fell through. I agree, it happened for a reason. Your dream home is right around the next corner.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 AM

7,283 posts, read 17,250,992 times
Welcome to the forum, Cablejockey.
Karla, isn't that weird how certain songs pop up in our minds at certain times?
Evey, I think I like the house with the apple tree already. Hope your house finds you today.
We'll send ya some extra good vibes on Thursday Pattie.
I'm going to take a walk this afternoon. Usually on the weekends, I lay off the exercise machines and dvd's.
My s/o went to a community meeting this morning held monthly. I've never been but I heard it was arguing going on and I have a habit of sometimes giving too much of my opinion so I figured I'd stay away from that mess. Maybe after I've been here a little longer, I might feel more comfortable doing that and then, watch out Timberon.
Anyway, you all have a great and fun day.
Keep us updated Evey if you find something you like.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,866,492 times
Well, yesterday I was the victim of credit card fraud. Got a phone call I thought was a salesman-type deal til they mentioned the particular card. Some moron tried to charge a couple of thousand-plus dollar plane tickets, and a DOLLAR for an apple I-tune!?! Don't know what raised the red flag, but I'm glad something did. Have to wait and see what happens. I can call the fraud investigation dept. in a couple days.

Anyway, today I did about a half an hour, just not feeling it. Oh well, better than nothing.

Well, have a good day if you can everyone.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:31 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,121,016 times
Wow fuzzy! Good thing somebody was not asleep at the switch. I had a friend who lost $40K and had her credit ruined. Sounds like you won't have to go through what she did.

I lost count of how many we looked at today, but I found 2 that I really liked and there are 2 that we could not get into today that I want to see before I make a decision. One of the houses that I liked has a Disney Princess bedroom painted bright pink with Ariel, Jasmine, etc. on the walls and the phrase "The Princess Sleeps Here" on one wall. It is too small to be a bedroom for me but might make a nice office........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals