Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

what a nice surprise I even dragged out the fuzzy robe because i left the sliding doors open and it was a tad cool in here when I got up at 4 am
the high is only going to be 74 !!!

other than going to breakfast and then to walmart I have no idea what I am going to do today lol maybe give my tired muscles a rest !!!
it is suppose to be movie day but there are somethings that need to get done before we leave on Thursday to go pick up the bride & groom
the 3rd bedroom is still a disaster but this is not my territory so "you know who" is responsible for that project

I will be going over to chaos's in a bit
the A/C is whacked it blows air but not cold air so I just turned it off
but it is cool enough outside that the house won't get hot if it was still in the high 80's i would of brought him over here. lol that would of been interesting
I sent his dad a message so he can have someone come look at it when he gets home

So whats your temp and how will you spend the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 03:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
53. Get off work in 2 hours (7am)...will sleep, work out, and watch some football today, I think.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:11 AM

Good morning stan
welcome to the exercise forum
yay charley will be so glad to see another guy joining us
so tell us what you do for your workout

no football today because we are in a "bye" or is it "by" or maybe "buy" week

Old 10-19-2008, 04:45 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
It's 29 here! My wife and daughter are headed out to a 5-K to benefit the American Cancer Society. I'm staying here where it's warm! My plan was (and still is at the moment) not to have to turn on the furnace until November 1 ... it is cold here this morning!

And welcome Stan!

Old 10-19-2008, 05:01 AM

ok our temp is dropping now it is 55 !!!

omg charley 29!!!!!!
thats definitely socks weather

your trying to postpone turning on the heat and I am hoping just to be able to turn off the A/C

lol I dragged out the sweat pants to run over to chaos's house lol did I mention how "stylish" they look with flip flops

Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Yes, socks AND my old blue sweater. Can I go another two weeks without the furnace? We'll see. My older son is coming over next weekend to help me with a number of projects and he's staying overnight on Saturday. I hope he can handle it.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hubby's on his way to his favorite haunt, so the day is mine. I found an old recipe i had from about 30 some years ago - choc. chip cookies made out of white cake mix. So easy and so good. THey're the only cc cookies I really like. I think I'll make those, bring some to my friend Marty and hit the pool a bit later. Wow, I'm exhausted already!

We watched a movie last night in the living room and, about 1/2 way thru, I noticed my shoulder wasn't hurting! We were on the sofa, which is a dual-recliner. Guess where I spent the night. Yep. Right there. I don't know whether the PT is making that much difference or it was the way the sofa molded to my shoulder. I don't care, I just know it was nice not to be in pain.

Have a great day, all.

PS - welcome to Stan! Who do you root for?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:54 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
43°F
SunnyFeels Like: 36°F
Humidity: 72%
Wind: N at 14 mph

Beautiful day here! Very comfortable in the house, thanks to our thick plaster walls insulating so well. There have been times when we haven't turned on our furnace until WAY after Thanksgiving. We live the "old fashioned" life, with no central air conditioning. Having OCHW heat, central air conditioning is out of the question, and not really necessary. One tiny AC unit in our bedroom, and one downstairs have done just fine for 25 years. And again, the plaster walls, along with the huge shade trees help keep this big 110 year old house comfortable.

But, to the subject at hand.......Exercise: I'll be going back to the Nature Trail today. It's a 1/2 mile walk from my house to the entrance of the trail, and I'll walk a mile on the trail, before I turn around and come back. Too many other things to do here today, so I won't bore you all.

Karla, I know the excitement is building! I can feel it from here! Welcome Stan! Definitely, another man is needed here! Football? That's on our schedule today, too! I'd love to here everyone's picks!

NMS.....That's great! It's funny how one particular chair, or position can feel so comfortable and relieve pain. That's happened with me, too! Glad that worked for you!

Whatever you all do today, enjoy and love life!

Last edited by rdlr; 10-19-2008 at 06:05 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 06:36 AM

Thanks, Karla! I'm actually a woman (32). I do work out like a man, though! Into heavy weight-lifting. All my workouts are virtually the same. Two splits. One day back and bicep. One day chest/shoulder/triceps. Every workout has an ab component. And I run 1 to 2 miles pre-workout.

Earlier this year, I managed to bench-press 230 pounds. No, I don't take any steroids or anything.

At this point, though, I'm focusing on endurance.

Additional workouts will include going back to my martial arts class, playing more golf, and trying to find more pick-up basketball games!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 AM

Oh, football?! LOVE FOOTBALL! This is honestly my all-time fave time of the year.

My 'Horns took it last night, as predicted. I was sad to see some of the potential upsets not happen on the college scene like they did last week.

I live in Dallas, but I root for the Giants (last year I felt like the only one who really _believed_), the Titans (if they show 'em on tv here), and the Packers (though less so with Favre gone). I'll root for Da 'Boys if they are playing anyone else. Excited to hear my man, Roy Williams (WR - Texas) coming back to the Lone Star State!

Oh, and I enjoy any game in which the New England Patriots lose.

Thanks for being so welcoming. Who do y'all root for?

Last edited by stan4; 10-19-2008 at 06:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals