Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

But Chaos was having nothing to do with getting dressed up like a pumpkin !!!

rofl when I went over last night I took along Lolas pumpkin costume

well needless to say he had this "ooo auntie karla has a new toy for me" and wanted to play tug with it !!!
I even tried having him hold his tug toy but noooo lol he wanted to tug the orange thing
and when a 100# dog decides he is not going to do something he doesn't
oh well I tried

So today I am stuck in the house !!!!! all day
I decided with getting everything else done bringing in my friends cleaning lady to make this place nice & shiny for our company is one of my better ideas

lol needless to say hubby headed for the office about 6 am

Actually being "stuck" home is not a bad thing, I have tons of fundraising phone calls I have to make before tomorrows lunch meeting
So I may have to "force myself" to stay focused and not mess around on CD all day

lol my friends "warned me" that her CL does a great job but is a chatter so if I get her started chatting well lol so I shall restrain myself

once I get my calls done I will then get to work on the bedroom curtains

I think with all the yardwork I did this weekend was plenty of exercise so I am taking the day off from exercise !!!

it is another really nice morning 59 degrees expected high of 73

So what are your plans for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
59 degrees would be nice. It's 31 here and we won't even reach 59 as a high.

I've done two days of leaves so I'm taking today to rest a little. I'm fighting off a cold and want to be sure to fight it off completely. My wife did a 5-K walk for charity yesterday and she's got a full blown cold today. If you're a Seinfeld fan, her cough sounds just like Smuckers the Dog (the dog who's cough sounded just like Kramer's)

So today will be a good day to catch up on paperwork and web work.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:54 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
58 here. Nice.

I finished my night shifts and I'm gonna nap a little today, get my sprinklers fixed, and probably just lie around feeling disgusting and headache-y. I hate working nights. Lucky we only have to do 2 or 3 a month. It messes me up for over a week.

I blew it yesterday. I wound up late at work, didn't get to bed till 10am, and then my neighbors starting rockin' at 3pm. 5 hours in a all-around sleep-deprived weekend. So I didn't make it to the gym. Don't know about today. Maybe I can walk the dog in the evening.

Must drink lots of water now...1 hour left in this shift.

Have a great productive week, everyone!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:21 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Just got back from biking to Curves, and had a great workout.

Hopefully, I'll be in the car in 30 minutes and on to my appointments, scattered all over the state. Self-employment is very motivational for me!

If I'm back by 3 p.m. I want to bike to the orchards to pick up some fresh cabbage. Last week, there was a slight problem. I biked there and bought cider and apples. Dumb Me! The bicycle basket hanging on the front threw my whole balance off. It took me twice as long to get home and I had to keep stopping and re-adjusting the load! The nice town cop stopped and offered to help me, but I just couldn't bear the thought of me in a police car, and my beach bike and purchases in his trunk. How utterly embarrassing! "No thank you, officer".

I love hearing all of your plans and experiences. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
ooo rdlr do you have a bell on your bike
I have always wanted a bell or horn and a basket on my bike but mr karla just rolls his eye and chuckles when I suggest this

ooo make sure to stop by "todays question" one of the loyal posters sent me a list of question suggestions so it is going to be a fun week

Old 10-20-2008, 05:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Stan, your neighbors STARTED partying at 3 a.m.??? Oh, my!

rdlr, that's hysterical. I can hear it now "M'am, step away from the apples." LOL

OK, since Karla asked for the choc chip cookie recipe:

1 pkg. white cake mix (it calls for Duncan Hines Deluxe II, but I used something else)
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup semisweet choc. chips (I used milk choc.)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecan)
3/4 cup oil
1 egg

preheat oven to 375
in a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well mised. drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. bake for 10-12 min. until center of cookies are golden brown (edges will look darker). cool on cookie sheet for about 1 min., then remove to rack to finish cooling.

Tip: Use parchment paper - it's wonderful stuff. these are slightly sweeter than your typical cc cookie. Also, this recipe is at least 35 years old, and I think the cake mixes have less in them now because I had more choc. chips and pecans than cookie mix. You may want to cut back the choc. chips. They were still good, tho.

DH has to go to VA today, then, since we're right there, we're going to take the car for an oil change. Hey, do I know how to live or what???

Have a great day, all.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Morning all! Hope everybody is having a good day

Mine started out a little fraught - at the driving test office at 7.30am, had to do the whole test thing...not my fave way to spend a morning! Nervous to say the least...don't know why as I have been driving for nearly 25 years! Not in the US tho

But all was OK and I passed, phew! Now the lady in the school office might like me more as I can now make my own ID pass instead of her always having to print one for me!

Ran 5 miles yesterday (and did a ton of digging in the yard) so today I might just do a leisurely hour on the bike around the neighbourhood, checking out everyone's Halloween decorations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ooo rdlr do you have a bell on your bike
I have always wanted a bell or horn and a basket on my bike but mr karla just rolls his eye and chuckles when I suggest this
My hubby bought me a bell for my bike - it has a pic of a hippo on it !!!!! The cheek!!!

Have a good one, y'all !!!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Hey peeps!

We were supposed to close on the house today, but I have not heard from the seller's agent. My agent says that when she talked to the other agent it was going to be tomorrow. It would be nice to be able to make arrangements to have the utilities turned on, but it is not looking like it is going to be that organised. Making me crazy!

Shadow took the big walk this morning. Her daddy was all bundled up in his heavy winter coat, complete with hat & scarf. I was in a flannel shirt. Shadow is wilding again today and is having a ball chasing the field mice, bunnies, and groundhogs.

Pattie, those cookies sound to die for. I will have to try them once I have a kitchen again!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Pattie those cookies do sound really good, but---how about trying other flavors of cake mix? Seems like you could do some really interesting stuff that way! Unfortunately-or fortunately, depending, my oven is on the fritz. Repair or replace, that is the question. DH just got new glasses, which I didn't expect, and they were $650.00 For glasses...

Yesterday, I didn't do much in the way of exercising, but today I did my arms and abc, and some other stuff and turned on the stereo, and WAR is on right now, gotta go dance!

Have a good day all!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I hear ya, fuzzy. This month, we had a big dental bill for each of us, my operation, DH "surprised" me with a big Visa bill, and we just got back from the car dealership where we went in for an oil change and came out $230 poorer. EEEEKKK!!!

You know, I bet you could do other flavors of cake mix. double choc. chip - that'd be good.

Evey, they best not come back and charge you for that extra day of not closing. And I can relate to your hubby's attire. It was 65 down here this morning and I just about brought out my long johns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals