Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

yup slept in again so this is under construction
be right back

ok got my diet pepsi so the brain started working

Happy Halloween everyone !!!

Got everyone off to the airport yesterday
ok I will admit that there was much sadness saying goodbye not only to Rance and Hanns but also to her mom and brothers
We really enjoyed having them visit

Today will be some errand running then I will be cracking the whip because I don't even want to think how all the yummy foods I ate while introducing all the choices to our friends from Sweden has affected the scale
So it is back on the elliptical as well as adding morning walks lol the dogs got lots of extra treats too

Lola and Ralph wanted to show you their costumes !!! they will be out front tonight to help give out candy

Lola

Ralph

So what you you be doing today ?

Last edited by FLPL75; 10-31-2008 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:40 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
They're adorable, Karla.

Today I'll be out trying to do a slow, peaceful two miles and assuming I get it done, I'll be working on the leaves that have been piling up over the last few days. It's quite a colorful selection.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:43 AM

oh charley thats what I miss most about living up north the leaves when they change color
I am hoping the cold snap we had for 3 morning might give ours a tinge of color

lol can't you get a big blower and send them to the neighbors

Old 10-31-2008, 06:49 AM

The colors are beautiful. From my office window, you can see every color imaginable. There are a number of different kinds of trees that all turn at different times, so I have light and dark greens, deep reds and light purples, all kinds of yellows and golds and even some pinks on the burning bushes.

Unfortunately, they all need to be picked up and that job belongs to my wife and I. There are really no other options unless we paid to have it done, and that's not in the budget. This should be a decent weekend for outside work and it would be nice if by Monday, we could get 15 to 20 more bags filled.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Love the Costumes, Karla! The little one looks a little embarrassed to be a bumble bee! LOL How Cute! I know this has been a big week for you, but maybe this weekend you will find some time for Karla with a K!!!

Hope the rest of you are keeping up with exercise....seems easier for me, in this cool weather. How about you?

Today I did the Curves workout, a little later, because the darn rear tire went slack again on my bike that I ride to the club. I should buy new tires, but since I only paid $15 for that old clunker bike 10 years, ago, I have a mental block about that. Anyway, I eventually got there and time went very quickly. I love the spring boards (called recovery boards). I've been told two different things about those 1) they are just that, a recovery board to keep your heart rate up before you get on the next machine. So just walk in place at a normal pace. 2) then....they provided a list of movements to do on the recovery board like arm lifts, kicks, etc. Some people do like me, and walk briskly in place on the boards, and some flail, jump, bounce, skip on and off the boards, and do all sorts of innovative movements. Whatever....everybody's looking good there and in the, almost 2 years I've been a member, there's quite a difference in the bodies I met when I first joined. No doubt, the bike riding to and from has really helped me.

One thing remains the same. We MUST MOVE! Which reminds me, I'm signing off now and getting out of this chair! Too much "sit" doesn't keep one "fit"

Last edited by rdlr; 10-31-2008 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: grammar? oh, my

Old 10-31-2008, 08:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
The pupsters are really funny! Maybe I should have some doggie treats ready tonight incase we get some K9 friends ringing the doorbell!

I am so glad that Rance and Hannah plus family had a wonderful time.

Well, my back gave in on me again yesterday. I broke down and took some strong painkillers which had me feeling none too special. I don't handle pills and potions very well. When I do take them they kind of knock me flat. I'm going to take it easy and try a a few short walks throughout the day.

Have a great and safe Halloween!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I don't deal well with them either, Tet. I find the pain more tolerable than the results of taking those stupid things.

Did the PT thing this morning. Not a good day. Didn't have a good night - awake at 3:30 this morning, never got back to sleep.

Just called my old hometown florist. I always send flowers to my mom on my b'day, so that's all set. I almost forgot one year. :0

Happy Halloween, all! Karla, the kids are adorable.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Just called my old hometown florist. I always send flowers to my mom on my b'day, so that's all set.
that is the greatest idea pattie
I did that the first year hubby and I were dating I sent both his parents flowers on his b-day thanking them for having him

lol one of them didn't get it

Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Just called my old hometown florist. I always send flowers to my mom on my b'day, so that's all set. I almost forgot one year.
That's very sweet.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:10 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Happy Halloween everybody.
The dogs are so cute in there costumes. Mine would be chewing them off each other by now.
Rdlr, when I was with curves, the only thing we were allowed to do on the boards were to walk or run in place. Someone fell off and hurt themselves one time and a new rule was made to where if anyone wanted to do anything but run and walk in place, it had to be on the floor away from the boards.
This is my first Halloween in this house and I'm pretty sure there will be no trick or treaters. We're so rural anyway. The adults go down to the main street tomorrow and hand out candy, I've been told. Too many mountain lions here to be out after dark I guess. Adults will have a party at the lounge tonight.
Today, like half of yesterday, will be short walks of about 20-30 minutes and some stretches until this leg/butt problem gets better.
I wish there were some of the more older, scary movies on tv instead of gory crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals