U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,973,807 times

Advertisements

everywhere a sheet sheet

lol thats how our house will look tonight
they are saying we could have our first freeze tonight
here is our forecast

"Freeze warning in effect from 4 am to 9 am est Wednesday. freeze watch in effect from late Wednesday night through thursday morning,

Today: becoming windy. Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Northwest winds increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.
Tonight: clear, colder. Lows in the upper 20s inland, 34 to 38 coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening, then decreasing to 5 to 10 mph. Wind chills 20 to 25.
Wednesday: sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chills 20 to 25 in the morning. "

Did the weather not realize this is FLORIDA !!!!

So I will be dragging out the sheets to cover some of the plants, won't that be fun in the 20 mph winds , lol I might get caught up in one of the 30 mph gusts and the sheet and I will be sailing down the street

ok so running to the store as soon as this is posted
then some up close and personal with the elliptical

The A/C guy is coming this afternoon to do a fall tune up on our system then he is going over to chaos's house to see why his is not working.

our A/C and heat are the same system

I am babysitting last night and today wow this cold weather makes him frisky !!!

So what will you be getting up close and personal with today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,123,753 times
I'm staying home today. DH is out at his favorite fleamarket (they have a guy w/ a book van there - go figure!) and is picking up my prescription from yesterday. I told him I am out-peopled and out-stored and am not going anywhere.

Cold here this a.m. too. Upper 40's, but tomorrow's supposed to be lower 40's. No frost here, tho, Karla. Evey, you'd laugh if you saw me - I'm the femal version of your hubby. Stretch corduroy turtle neck w/boiled wool zip vest over it. Jeans, of course, and heavy winter socks under my fleece LL bean slippers! Did you get your plumbing issue fixed?

Take care, all.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,355,668 times
Morning all. Cold her also, I think our temperatures we in the 30's last night and still very nippy out there with the wind. We hear this is very unusual for this area, go figure!
I started out my day with a brisk walk with Cassy, and will end up on the treadmill. But now to get ready for the interview!
Have a great day all! NMS get well!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 AM

43,562 posts, read 52,699,775 times
Cold here...may get into 60s, but we're gonna play golf this afternoon, anyway.

My wrist still hurts, but it don't hurt to swing a golf club.

Stay warm, ladies.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,470,925 times
With the wind chill it was 2 here this morning. Stood outside in my PJs freezing my rear waiting for the pooches to go tinkle!

Had another really good workout this morning at the gym. I did a speed session to get my body working harder.

Pattie, I get days like that. Leave me alone world!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 AM

3,367 posts, read 10,059,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
everywhere a sheet sheet

lol thats how our house will look tonight
they are saying we could have our first freeze tonight
here is our forecast
I heard a thing on the radio recommending putting your christmas fairy lights out amongst your plants, under the sheets! Thought that sounded so sweet, wrap them up, keep them warm AND pretty!

Hope y'all are having a good day!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,867,498 times
Guess I'll make it unanimous-cold here too!!! But, this is NW Ohio, although they said on the noon news the high is usually around 50.

Today I only did about 15/20 minutes of working out, didn't sleep well last night, and the phone got me out of bed sooner than I wanted. Anybody recognize this phone number 000-000-0000? I thought the election was over!

Have a good day everyone.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,123,837 times
Hey peeps!

I woke up to 16 actual degrees with 2" of snow on the ground this morning. Do you think that stopped my stupid fool of a dog from wanting to go hike out in the field looking for mousies? It never got above freezing here today. I am very much liking the remote start feature on my truck.

I went to Wal Mart to get a snow shovel & some de-icer and wound up spending $370 on wool socks, leggings, insulated overalls, etc.

Pattie, I am still trying to find a plumber who answers the phone/returns calls who actually has the time to come out & look at my pipes. There are not that many listed in the phone book and I may have to wait for someone to get free.

I was pretty productive today, now that my husband has gotten out from under my feet. I did a bunch of unpacking today. The nice people at A T & T say I should be online at the house on Thursday. I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,123,753 times
Boo for the plumber.....yay for AT&T. How about word of mouth? Does your friend know of a plumber? Or maybe the people you teach know of someone.

Gee, too bad I didn't bring all my winter clothes down - I could have given them to you when we met for lunch!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM

7,283 posts, read 17,252,543 times
Only one way to dress in cold weather. Long johns and a flannel shirt. Too bad I can't go out in public the way I dress at home sometimes.
Enjoy the cold weather and stay warm and toasty.
Checking in to say hi. Kind of late for some of you but hi anyway.
Goodnight to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or