U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,486,451 times

Advertisements

Morning peeps!

We are having a wind storm. Shadow sat on my head at 3:45. All 85 pounds of her. We have been outside to investigate, we have made breakfast. Shadow is still in freak out mode.

I got all of the hedges but one ripped out yesterday and I can actually park in my driveway! My back & arms are killing me this morning.

I found out I am just 2 blocks away from the Cardinal Greenway. This is an awesome project where old railbeds are turned into walking paths. It runs all over the state. We hiked for a couple of miles on it yesterday. Lots of squirrels & bunnies out there.

Not sure what I will be doing today besides trying to soothe my dog.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,260,499 times
good morning evey
thanks for starting the thread I slept in a little

With the craziness of the up coming Holidays not to mention hubby being on vacation if you log on and don't see the post everyone please feel free to get it started

poor shadow I remember when my clue would get upset during thunderstorms it is so hard to calm them.

Ralph sometimes sleeps on hubbys head but he is only 20 #s and he snores lol many time I have gotten blamed till he realized it was Ralph.

Today it is off to the post office to mail the cards and ornaments well once I find gift bags that I just know I have somewhere around here.
Then hubby wants to go to the woodcraft sore to look at exotic wood he is going to make a couple of the "treasure Boxes" for gifts

I really have to get going on the 5 gifts I need to get 2 are ordered so I am hoping I haven't waited to long

I feel the slight bubbling of panic starting to build.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,319,191 times
Gawd, Karla...get that rear in gear! Today's the busiest parcel shipping day of the year. Be prepared to stand in line!

Poor Shadow. Make that nasty wind stop, Evey.

Going to get a pedicure this morning...may even go for a manicure, too. Hey, it's Christmas, right??? Hubby's going to go to a bookstore and brouse for a bit while I'm doing that.

So what're you all doing today?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:45 AM

44,131 posts, read 54,232,860 times
O.M.G.

So, new puppy, Shiner, is here. She was flown to Houston from Georgia and then driven home to Big D. We let her roam outside - thought she'd gone to the bathroom.

Brought her in, fed her, walked her again, and then put her in the crate. Where she proceeded to lay a big, man-sized turd. Cleaned that up and cleaned her up. Walked her again. Did some other stuff. Before bed, walked her again in backyard (understand, this is like 5 walks in 2.5 hours). Never could quite figure if she had gone. Went to bed. Heard shrieking from crate. Got up and decided to move crate. Find dog and crate covered in pee. Clean out crate and give dog a bath. Put her back in crate. Everyone falls asleep and sleeps restfully till 6am.

This morning, I got up to her whining, so we all went outside (backyard). Did nothing. Gave her breakfast. Took her and older dog for a 30 minute walk in the park. Lots of jumping and chasing and chewing leaves, but I didn't see her go. Played in the house a little bit and drank some water. Put in crate. Heard whining and shrieking, so after a time, went for another walk in backyard. Nothing. Played some more in house, and now she's quietly resting in the crate until playtime and lunch and another walk.

Is she sneak-peeing? Am I just not seeing it? I'm flabbergasted she goes in the crate. My older dog wouldn't have - unless it was a total emergency and then she'd do it in a corner and stay away from it.

Weird.

Well, lots of errands to run. Mother's flight delayed until 11pm.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,260,499 times
Stan I am laughing with you because thats what I went through when watching chaos's puppies I can't count the number of towels I went through in their crate.

Is your older dog a boy or girl ?

If this one is little she could be sneak peeing

Ralph is so little and doesn't do the lift the leg thing so I finally realized he was going we just couldn't tell at first because he is so low to the ground. He just kinda stretches.

Might be time to add "go potty" to your vocabulary along with keeping her on the leash so you can better monitor her "business"

She also might be a little confused with the travel and new home thing

omg pattie thats not what I want to hear lol maybe I should have hubby just drop me off but I so love going to the wood store
lol he is not a "good line waiter"

OK I want to get my toes done too !!!! it has been over a month and since it is going to be 73,77,78 the next 3 days I am going to be breaking out the flip flops so gotta have the toes looking good dang lol I guess that also means shorts so I will have to shave the legs more often

ok off to the post office

Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,440,691 times
Stan, my daughters Boston did that. She would wait until we crated her and do her job in there. I figured she was a kennel mill puppy, she never did get over that. Of course at the time I did not realize what was the reasoning behind it, now I know better.
Evey, poor Shadow, my Cassy hates storms, she will jump right on top of us for comfort.
Karla I still have not shipped out, have to get one out Wednesday (because daughter is going on a short out of town trip and won't be back until Monday, other one will be shipped out tomorrow. BUT, they are all wrapped and ready to go! We still have to shop for Bob's Mom and Dad, no easy task, and pick up a few things for his brother and family.
Well I am back at work again (this temporary thing is going to last for awhile). Everyone have a great day.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:19 AM

44,131 posts, read 54,232,860 times
Lol, Karla...she's on the leash all the time! Sneak peeing, I am thinking. Keeping her crate free of absorbant material so as not to encourage her to pee and so that it's easier to clean if she messes. We say, "Go pee pee! Go pee pee!"

Some guy at the park couldn't see the dog, I think (cuz she's little)...probably thought I was some weirdo for standing their muttering, "Go pee pee!" to myself. And shivering. It's f'in cold here, y'all!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,486,451 times
Wow stan4! I agree that puppies or dogs that spend the majority of their day in a crate without being walked learn that they have to go in the crate. Don't know if that was the situation with your puppy or not.

A trick I learned from someone is to keep the puppy on a long rope tied to your belt. That way you will always be able to see what she is doing and you can get her when you see her start to go and get her outside. Remember to give her lavish praise when she goes outside and not to scold her when she goes inside. Also, cut her off in the evening from food & water so she has a better chance of making it through the night. The formula is that puppies can hold their bladder one hour for every month they are old (or something like that) and she has not learned what the signal from her body that her bladder is full.

Ahhhh puppies........

Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM

7,290 posts, read 17,468,095 times
Hi everyone.
Stan, she's getting used to a new home would be my guess. My Whiskey did the same thing for the first 3 days when we got him.
Rain and thunderstorms - Isis does not like the rain but isn't afraid of storms. Whiskey loves the rain and is terrified of storms. They were both afraid of the snow at first but it snowed again last night and they were playing in it this morning.
It's too muddy out to be walking today. I don't mind that but I had to deal and cleanup muddy dogs the other day.
I'll be doing floor exercises today for my lower body and dumbells for my upper body.
I think my parrot is getting agitated because he's staying indoors alot lately. he likes the sunshine.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,032,178 times
Hello, everyone-sorry to hear about these potty training woes. Another argument in favor of cats-but I love dogs and especially puppies.

Today I did about twenty minutes, heck might do some more, but that's it for now.

Have a good restoftheday all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals