Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,026,209 times

Advertisements

I have my "test pants" these are the pants that show my progress
I think they work better than the scale
So I thought it would be fun to see what we all use to "gauge" our progress

It is going to be near 81 today so I see the possibility my cropped jeans & flip flops being worn today haven't had them on since before Thanksgiving so this may be a good gauge of the "holiday damage"

I have Lola's follow up with the vet again this morning I am going to try to figure out how to make sure her bladder is full for the test , maybe drop a few treats in her water bowl so she drinks the water while bobbing for the treats

I have a meeting downtown at 11:30 and I am going to be good and not bring the 2 dz doughnuts I usually bring so I won't be tempted

lol I have no will power when it comes to doughnuts

elliptical scheduled for when I get home from the meeting

So tell us about your day and if you have a "test item"

p.s. anyone want 20 degrees of our heat !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,200,707 times
Morning all, oh donuts Karla all that sugar!
Humm test item would have to be a pair of pants that I have not worn since last fall, they fit perfectly before we moved (I seem to gain at least 10 lbs every move). So we will use them.
My day is set out and I'm ready to go, speaking of which I had better get work clothes on now.
Have a good one.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,199,275 times
Housework. DH is now vacuuming over what I just swept. Is it legal to kill him under those circumstances?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,026,209 times
wait pattie you mean he is re-vacuuming where you just vacuumed !!!

might be justifiable

but then again I don't think mine has ever used our vac

lol cassy yeah sugar and diet soda with caffeine talk about wound up lol thats why I am not stopping for them

Back from the vet yay she was able to get the sample this time

little ralph was not at all happy that he was left home and hubby said he sat by the front door waiting for me to get home looking all pathetic

One bouncing around the car was enough lol front seat back seat front seat back seat I just turned my ABBA CD up real loud and sang along

ok off to my meeting

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,452,462 times
Hi Everyone,
Karla I am so jealous of your great weather. Our weather is so unpredictable. It was 78 on Saturday and dropped to 20 that evening....gotta love Oklahoma

So yesterday I started the new exercise plan, but forgot to write it. I went to the gym and did 45 min on the elyptical and then leg straddle machines, would of done more but the WHOLE WORLD was at the gym. Guess everyone was starting their exercise plan.

I have a "test" pair of pants. I bought some nice gray pants for work 4 months ago and I haven't worn them as I have to lay down to get them buttoned. So I am going to keep checking weekly with those.

Decided not to go to W.W meetings right now, figured it would be as crowded as the gym. Will try it on my own for a month. I know how to calulate the points, it just takes a little time.

Good luck everyone today on staying on track

Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,341,438 times
Howdy!

Pattie, I actually have a photo of my hubster vaccuming to remind me that he can do it!

Well, I did my cardio, strength training, and just got back from a nice walk with the pooch and hubster.

Test pants would be a pair of jeans. I'm not going to go near them for a few months though.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,487,651 times
I'm afraid to try on my test pants! Today I did the sparkpeople work out of cardio kickboxing, which is not nearly as bad as I thought-I did it twice, since the workouts for today and tomorrow involve one of those stupid ball things, which I don't have. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'd break something trying some of those exercises. Might go get one of my basketballs, though, and see if I can modify some to use that.

Well, my genius son found a place to get on line over there and sent me an email, guess it's $5/hr for internet...good thing he got a raise.

Speaking of killing of the dh's, the checkbook fell out of mine's pants pocket and when I asked him why he had it, oh he bought a toolbox off so-and-so, he didn't WANT to...?? I said how much? $500.00.

Not sweating the little stuff is fine, until it starts adding up and up and up and up-think Water Torture.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:51 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,284,735 times
I have a pair of test jeans. It's been a couple of months since I've put them on though.
Snowy day today. Doing laundry.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,199,275 times
Ya see, Karla, I sweep the pergo floors. He takes the brush off the vacuum and vacuums the dirt up, which I think is ineffective because he just drags the hose over the floor, scratching the floor and missing 3/4 of the dirt. I don't say anything because at least he's doing something. I won't vacuum because he picked out this vacuum over my objections. I wanted another upright, he HAD to have a canister even tho, at the time, I did all the vacuuming. I gave him a choice. An upright or you do it. Told him I'd try it, if I didn't like it, it's his baby. Guess what? I didn't like it!

We've been on each other's nerves all day. My sister says if he breaths wrong, it's legal to kill him. I've been watching him very closely and, so far, he's breathing ok. Darn it!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,364,833 times
Hey there. To be good this year I'm trying to check in more frequently from now on and to do more exercises - well doing less is basically impossible.

I've had a pretty long walk today in nearly knee deep snow to get to this small but pretty steep hill b/c I went sleigh riding with DH, my cousin and her bf. It was too cold for DS to tag along, even my hair was white with frost
The long walk to meant that we also had a long walk back from the hill and we did several runs up the hill again. It was fun and we all laughed and felt like kids again

Happy Tuesday to all of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals