U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 04:06 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,975,768 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone

strange day ahead
tax guy at 10
then hopefully roof guy at noon
playtime for chaos at 3
then meeting our "sunday breakfast buddies" for pizza at 4:30

They have slightly revised the forecast for the hard freeze hopefully I will know by noon if I have to do a major cover up and potted plant move

I am hoping the covering will be all that is needed I have 6 citrus trees in containers that I am not looking forward to having to move to the screenroom

Not to mention if a 8 - 10 hour hard freeze happened I would have to pick the "bazillion" grapefruit so the freeze won't damage them

Since I have so much time before we have to leave I guess I will go get up close and personal with the elliptical

Whats you day going to be like

Are you "tundra folks" still getting snow ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,471,726 times
Giving up on any exercise until Monday! Had a rough night. My cold is finally breaking, and I'm sweating like it's 110 in the shade!

We're supposed to get snow later today and then over the weekend. It's actually going to warm up a bit. My pooch and I will be happy 'cause we can go out on our daily walks again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,126,474 times
Hey peeps!

Man, I wish I could find the charger for my camera because Shadow was seriously cute in her layered clothing and her new snow booties. We bought the booties yesterday after she would stop every 2 steps & ask me to get the snow out from between her toes. The booties work great even though the fit is a little big.

We pranced (well, Shadow pranced) all over the neighborhood this morning and we even saw some deer walking along the railroad tracks.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds, but I am pretty sure it will be indoors. It has warmed up to -13 from the -18 it was when I got up. I think it is supposed to be 2 this afternoon.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,125,078 times
What's Shadow think of hte deer, Evey?

My exercise today consisted of some spring cleaning type housework. I've been going at it since early morning and I'm pooped. Nap time!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,126,474 times
Shadow is afraid of the deer. They were scary enough out in the back field at the farm, but here in her very own neighborhood? She barked at them and they ran. I think she was feeling brave because they were on the other side of a fence and across the ravine where the train tracks are. If they had been closer should most likely would have come & hid behind me.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM

7,283 posts, read 17,254,200 times
Hi everybody.
Thanks for your thoughts and hugs.
Isis is running wild at the rainbow bridge now. I've been having a hard time dealing with it but I'm better than I was the other day.
Haven't exercised all week other than take my other dog out for walks but I'll start again Monday.
Whiskey has had a hard time with this too, running all over the house looking for Isis but he seems a little more calm today.
Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for your support.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,975,768 times
song thats what I love about our "family" here we are there for each other

I had similar experiences with Lola after we lost clue

It takes a few days for them to adjust

well I am loving "herb the tax guy" !!!!!

it was a very good apt !!!

dang it is cold & windy out there you would think I would have the sense to put on a jacket and I could of even used a hat or my ear band
I will have to be sure to take them when I go over to Chaos's

I went out to get the mail and introduced myself to the new neighbor across the street he & his wife just moved here from Washington state seems very nice

ok pattie !!! it is not spring yet
though I have thought about doing the windows but this project is going to take more thinking !!!
maybe a month or 2

tet I am glad your feeling better yup the "internal furnace" is a good sign that things are breaking up

evey ooo I remember when I put booties on one of my greyhounds lol they were not received as well as it appears shadow accepted them

I can't wait to see pictures of the Layered look

lol I had that this morning going over to chaos's house
sweatpants- t-shirt -sweatshirt and a hoodie

ok off to try to hunt down the roof guy to see what stage we are at

see you all later

Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,868,484 times
HI all, I believe it's all the way up to zero now! A strange sentence if ever I heard one.

Karla-could you try turning a sprinkler on your plants/trees around the time the frost is due to start? I think that might protect them, at least that's what I've heard.

Boy I am loving that exercise tv thing. Did the cardio sculpt, and pilates abs then turned on another one-this one is interval training with weights, or in my case, big jugs of maxwellhouse coffee. This was a long one so I only did half of it, but it was really intense, lots of lunges and squats, and hopping and yikes!

Oh, Cheryl, I'm so sorry about Isis. I hope you feel better soon, or just a little less heartbroken.

Have a good day, everyone. I can't believe it's Friday. When the weeks go by fast, I just see it as that much closer to my son coming home-even though now he doesn't even know where they're going to in Iraq. At least, not the last time I heard from him. Hurry up and wait. That's the military mindset.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,125,078 times
Song, I'm so sorry to hear about Isis. When Tiffany passed, Whisper wandered thru the house looking for her in all her favorite spots. The vet said that cats will mourn for a month; I'd imagine dogs do the same. They are family members, no matter what any one says.

Karla, I don't think I'm early with the spring cleaning...I think I'm late from last year!

Hubby's fixing dinner...best go see if he's messing anything up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals