Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Early start today

I have to meet the vet at 9 to pick up Lola's "pee strips" then the A/C guy is stopping by to give me the written contract.
I want to "kidnap" hubby during lunch to go look at a patio set I have had my eye on I also need to find a taller baby gate so when they come to install the new front door I can keep the kids in the master bedroom since there will be a big opening to the world during the process.

I am a little achy today from yesterdays "fun in the yard" experience lol I guess the old grill we moved to the back corner patio was a little heavier than I thought

I had forgotten what a good work out yard work can be

So I think I will only be doing light exercise today.

So those are my fun things what will yours be for today ?

Here is a strange ? do any of you ladies use any of the instant messaging thingys on the computer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 06:55 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Update from yesterday: The very sick horse had a bad case of colic. We opted to do the surgery quickly as his symptoms were telling us it was not something we could wait on. It turned out that his colon had flipped over and had flattened part of his small intestine. This was not something that would have resolved on its own. He made it through the night and we are very grateful for that. My friend believes that the camel in the stall across the aisle is his guardian angel.

Ahhhh, Karla! If you ever get the chance to play with a camel you should do it. Humphrey, the camel at Purdue, is quite a ham. He begs for attention and treats , even drooling when someone comes out of the feed room. He likes to have his ears scratched. He even gives kisses. Ooooohhhh, he has the softest lips!

Shadow & I are getting ready to head out on our walk. I owe her big time, as she got a very short walk yesterday morning, then got left here all day while I was at Purdue. It is PE day, so we will head to the barn later for a good mousie hunting session before class.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Humphrey, the camel at Purdue, is quite a ham. He begs for attention and treats , even drooling when someone comes out of the feed room. He likes to have his ears scratched. He even gives kisses. Ooooohhhh, he has the softest lips!
yesterday I thought what a cute name, that would be a good dog name too then today it hit me Humphrey the camel

Old 02-17-2009, 07:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
yesterday I thought what a cute name, that would be a good dog name too then today it hit me Humphrey the camel
LOL! I didn't get it right away either, don't feel bad.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Ahhhh...the puns continue!

DH is hurting today after his gardening program yesterday, so he's taking it easy too. No walk this a.m. - too chilly out there for us "Southerners". We went to the farmers market and got some good stuff, then went to Publix and got more good stuff. I have a theory. Freezers are like closets. Some days you can stand in front of a full one and not find a single thing to eat or wear. That was me yesterday.

Anyway.....Have a great day, all. Take care.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Glad the horsey is doing okay now.
We took a long walk around and then some through the woods. I need to do some yardwork and rake pine needles. I'll get around to it soon.
Have a good day.
I used to use the instant message thing on Yahoo. That works pretty well.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Wow Evey, that was a serious case of colic. Glad the horse made it through the surgery.

Did 30 minutes on the stationary bike this morning. Now I know how John Wayne felt when he got off a horse! Jumped on the eliptical for another 20 minutes to work out the kinks in my cheekies! It was a good workout over all.

It's beautiful outside and the sun is melting the snow. Shame they're forcasting 1-3 inches more of it tonight!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
I use instant messaging alot! aol instant messaging, it's how I talk to my son if he can get on line, other people too---why do you ask?

I will tell my son about how therapeutic camel petting is, but somehow I don't think he wants to get that close to one over there! I guess they roam wild, to quote him "like the cows did at Fort Hood".

Anyway, today I did this cardio workout and it also is a core workout towards the end. And I did a bit of extra arm exercises too.

No puns from me, my ginkgo biloba hasn't kicked in yet!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:46 AM

Default oops really over slept

lol I didn't get up till after 7 I have to feed my kids then run over and let Chaos out before he starts "dancing" then stop at the bank

so todays thread is going to be a little late
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals