Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I have had this nagging feeling since Sunday that I am suppose to be doing something today and for the life of me can't remember of course I didn't write anything on the calendar
lol I even asked a couple friends and my sister if I mentioned it

So I guess if the phone doesn't ring with a "where are you" I will be in the clear

O am going to go let Chaos out around 8:30 (his dad comes home today) then go right to the nursery
Since it was misting off & on all day I didn't get the dirt down but thats ok cause I know I am going to need a few more bags so I can pick them up while I am looking to see if they have any interesting plants. I do have day lilies on my list to pick up for the 2 beds at the end of the driveway lol can you ever have enough day lilies
lol maybe hubby should of taken the car today and left me the 4-runner

So my day will be spent getting dirty

What will you do with yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
LOVE daylillies, Karla. Up north, we had a patch of them that were this gorgeous, neon orange. They always managed to brighten up my day. Think they'd live down here? Hey, speaking of lillies..... DH bought a couple of them and the blossoms have gone away now. We know you're supposed to let the leaves stay. Up north, we had the freeze in the winter, but down here, no freeze (in the ground, anyway). How do you deal with bulb type plants down here? Just leave them or dig them up and let them rest for some period of time? Oh, and thanks for the info on the palms. Looking forward to getting it.

Oh, exercise. OK. Got a blister on my heel yesterday, so am giving it a rest. However, I am going out and helping DH with the yardwork today. So I'll be getting dirty today, too, Karla.

Hey, I thought Chaos's dad was coming home yesterday??

Have a good day, everybody.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:29 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Add me to the list of folks who love day lillies! I am still waiting patiently for all of the bulbs that sprouted to show me some kind of a bloom.

Shadow & I have been for a lovely squirrel & bunny hunt this morning. Later we will head to the barn to chase mousies, ride my horse, teach PE, etc.

I got all of the cut in work done in the bathroom yesterday. Now I think with one more coat it will look great.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 AM

Evey, don't let Shadow get the Easter Bunny, ok??? Don't you just love it when you finish a job you really didn't want to do?

Speaking of which....

I got my weight lifting in today. DH's job for me was to scrub all the scalloped concrete borders that he'd removed from the main garden. There were 17 of those babies. I have a huge "tub" kind of thing and poured 1/2 Clorox, 1/2 water in it, and I could just fit 4 of them at a time in the tub. Let them soak a bit, then started scrubbing. As I took one out, I put another in so it would be soaked well before I got to it. Those things are heavy! That's ok, it's good for me. Shoulder's not real happy, but it needs to get back in shape, along with the rest of me. Man, those edging thingies sure look a lot nicer after my scrub.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Hi de ho campers!

Love Day Lillies too. I'll be hopefully planting some this year in the back garden. As for the bunnies ... I don't like them at the moment. The minute the snow melted my burning bush became a feast for one of the little gits! I was so upset. This means war! Last year they ate one of my Hostas and if they devour my Tulips that I planted in Fall, then I just might become a meat eater with bunny stew on the menu!

Got a really good workout done this morning. My walk is going to be a very soggy one. It's one of those days when a brolly will be completely useless ... hood up and brace yourself!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Hey all
well I filled my trunk at the nursery
I got some of the yellow straw flowers and some blue fancy saliva I think they will look good together around the 2 elm trees in the front

the last 2 times I have been to this nursery I have been trying to figure out what this one amazing plant is that they have in a mixed planter
Noone there was exactly sure to this time I said the what the heck and just bought the planter
lol I am going to take it apart so I can put the one plant that we still don't know what it is in its own pot
I am going to take a picture of it to the extension office to see if someone can ID it

Stopped at the wholesale nursery and picked up 2 bags of dirt lol good thing the trunk was full because they also had some nice plants so the day lilies will have to wait till later this week

lol pattie so did I but when I sent him a text asking today or tomorrow I got tomorrow(today) now I need to find out what time so I will know if I have to go back over before he gets home

I spent 15 mins trying to get kong out of the pool last night he dropped it in and it rolled to the middle goo thing the pool pole expands sigh lol I am going to have to show his "dad" his pool trick

ok I am goign to go out and spread dirt before I get to comfortable and stay inside

Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 AM

hey tet
have you tried using the yuck or bitter apple spray that keeps dogs from chewing things on your plants ?
the bunnies might not like it either

Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Hi de ho campers!

Love Day Lillies too. I'll be hopefully planting some this year in the back garden. As for the bunnies ... I don't like them at the moment. The minute the snow melted my burning bush became a feast for one of the little gits! I was so upset. This means war! Last year they ate one of my Hostas and if they devour my Tulips that I planted in Fall, then I just might become a meat eater with bunny stew on the menu!

Got a really good workout done this morning. My walk is going to be a very soggy one. It's one of those days when a brolly will be completely useless ... hood up and brace yourself!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Oh, no, not your burning bush. We had a gorgeous one up north that was taller than I am by the time we moved. That thing was so red in the fall, it was spectacular.

Karla, I think I understood your Today/tomorrow thing!

I'm pooped. Good thing we're going to Ruby Tuesday's tonight.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:40 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
I love day lilies too but I don't think they'd grow here. I've got to get me some high altitude plants.
I'm cleaning my clothes closet today. Getting rid of some more things I don't/won't wear anymore. So far, a huge trash bag full I'll take the the animal thrift store on Friday when I go to Alamogordo.
I'm going to practice my swing today and hit some golf balls.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't know what day lilies are. Are they the orange things that grow wild [sort of]? If so, I see them all over my neighborhood, but none in my yard. Unfortunately.

Today I did a cardio workout and an abs one, and that gal who does the abs workout is tough!

No NN drama so far; got the papers signed to do the flood clean-up, etc. and I talked to her, she's going to try to get them to bring down the price. Ohboy... I have a hard time swallowing her tales of woe and money troubles when she's trying to feed them to me from her winter home!

Ah, well, it's time for some chocolate, I think. Have a good one, everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals