Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,030,881 times

Advertisements

it had been so long I had forgotten what rain was
We had a humdinger of a storm come through it started around 10 last night
Of course the big dog got me up a couple times so I could experience it first hand couple of really big cracks and booms
I think everything got a good soaking finally !!!

The last bit just finished passing through heading toward the beach

So hopefully it will be gone by the time we head down there for breakfast in a couple hours

Fun day ahead, you know my friend mawipafl from the jax forums ?
She invited me to go see "Fiddler on the Roof" this afternoon. Her husband had to go out of town for his job and she asked if I wanted to use his ticket
Heck yes !!!
So we are going to meet my hubby afterwards at Cracker Barrel for dinner

The have the best " sunday chicken dinner" that they only make on Sundays lol

This is why we moved movies day to yesterday

So what is going on in your day ?

rofl hey Fuzzy btw you could tell your hubby if he buys the hardtop boat your going to invite everyone from here on the exercise thread for a boat party !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,202,721 times
Party??? Did someone say Party???

Karla, that rain is on its way here, ready to hit within an hour, I hear. But we're only supposed to get about 1/4-1/2". Anything would help. Altho the lightening isn't good. We're in really bad drought conditions down here, and we've already had a number of brush fires in the area. Nothing close, TG, but it's always a possibility. Now, if only this wind would die down a bit.

Not sure what's going on today. Neither one of us did much sleeping last night, and DH is still in bed, so plans are up in the air. I think the newspaper and the front porch are on my immediate agenda.

Take care, all.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,163,423 times
Morning peeps!

It is a chilly, soggy morning here. It has been raining since yesterday and they are still calling for snow this afternoon plus 40 mph wind.

I think it is going to be a good day to stay inside & watch the race!

Shadow & I took an abbreviated walk as somebody was concerned over getting wet toes. Even the gentle woodland creatures are not out in this weather.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:33 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,116,275 times
Dang I was just passing thru, read the thread title and had to see if it was "raining men" in your neck of the woods Karla!!! LOL!!!

Oh well!!! Have a few rum balls for me!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 AM

lol sweetie

hey now that you "found" us come back and hang out
we have the nicest bunch of folks here

Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,201,940 times
Default Morning all

I'm back from Michigan and getting my fill of my beautiful grandchildren! My daughter had her baby boy on March 21st and he weighed in at a whopping 11lb 3oz! Kimmy said she felt like she was bringing home a three month old!
Had a great time with all and came back just in time to miss the snow storm hitting up there!
That being said, my day will be spent doing laundry (hubby had the house clean when I got here ).
Karla and Patti you must be getting the storms that we had here yesterday. I flew into Birmingham while they were north of town, lots of bumping around in the plane but nothing too bad. Got home and found out a tornado was in that batch! Glad I did not know that coming in!
Well all have a great day!
Sandy

Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,163,423 times
Welcome back Sandy!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM

yay another new member for the exercise family sandy !!
congrats
11 #s wow
and we will see pictures when

Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,202,721 times
Hey, Sandy, welcome back. Wow...11 pounds, huh? Ouch!

We got some rain here from about 9 this morning till about 1:30, a few thunder boomers, but that was about it. That's funny - DH came home in a tornado from visiting his parents last year. He said the same thing you did!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:19 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,490,075 times
It stormed up here last night too, around midnight or so, thunder, lightning-what do you call it when it is lightninging? That sounds sort of stupid, but I don't know what to say!

Yes, Karla, my neighbor had alot of water down there I guess. They had to tear out 3 walls worth of wainscoting and her furnace got damaged, it's a really big basement-4 rooms plus a small 1/2 bath.
The furnace guy said he would stay down there if it was him, and she believes anything if a MAN tells her.

Oh anyway, I had to wait for hubby to leave, then I did the 30 min. cardio and my arm exercises.

Yesterday we planted flower seeds into 72 cells...last week he did some cabbage and greep pepper seeds and stuck them way up on a shelf in the utility room, got them down yesterday (glad I remembered they were there!) and we have about 23 little sprouts of cabbage!

Congratulations Sandy/grama Welcome back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals