Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
it is 37 at the airport and a "toasty" 40 here at our house
The windchill is 37 !!!!! What is with this I was running around in flip flops and shorts and now I am going to have to dig out the winter stuff again

I was thinking of mowing the lawn today if the 15 to 20 mph winds keep up lol I won't have to get the blower out to clean up the cuttings

I have a favor to ask will you folks up in the tundra pleeeeease take back this cold that somehow got lost and wandered down here

My sister called me yesterday whispering that the 5 pc place setting of the china they registered was on sale at Macy's just for the day she was at my nephews lol I guess thats why she was whispering so I went online and ordered 2 place setting for their wedding present. Because it was such a good sale I will be able to give them a gift card too !!

Well I better get moving and go post the ? 0' the day so I can run the vacuum before hubby gets on his 9 am conference call , he mightnot appreciate the noise lol

Whatcha all going to do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

We will be headed into the mid 50's today with bright sunshine & no blasted wind!

Shadow & I have checked the neighborhood for pesky squirrels and chased them all. We will head out for a run later.

There is a paint roller in my immediate future. I am thinking the foyer today.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Cold here, too. What's up with that? May warm up from 30s yesterday to 80s today. Is it any wonder everyone's sinuses are going haywire?

We got an elliptical machine for the home. Octane q47 or whatever. It does all the heart rate monitoring, etc. That is helping with cardio, as we can watch our dvr'd stuff while doing it!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, all.

Sister hasn't shown up with her house yet, so I may be in the clear. GLad you liked that, Karla.

DH is out playing in the dirt again. I told him I'd help with yardwork (I'm the designated raker) when I finish with my chores. Little does he know That stopping by here was on my list!

Have a great day, all

Oh, PS - Today is National Start Walking Day. I should do that.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Hi de ho folks!

Another workout under my belt. I even ran a little again on the treadmill, and body parts didn't pack in or fall off! Going for a walk in the next half hour. Sorry Karla, I really don't want the cold weather back. It's nice and sunny, plus we might hit the 50's this week.

Pattie ... whittisshh ... get out and walk!

This afternnon I might finally have my next tattoo finished (on paper). It might be a while before I get inked, but I am glad that the image finally got done. I am now going to have to concentrate on my next drawing. I kind of drifted from it and I need my dining table back!

Hope veryone has a wonderful day!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM

Ooo, tet's getting a tat! Cool! What's it going to be? DH has 4 different ones. I've considered it, but can't come up with something that I'd like to see on me every single day for the rest of my life and can't figure out where to put it, either! Both my sisters have at least a couple.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone,
It's warm today in the 60's so hopefully it will stay that way.
We have a few hummers starting to come around now.
There's a poll going on in the NM forum on whether or not we should have a chat thread.
Hopefully it will pass that we will because that can be fun sometimes. Some are against it though.
I'll be taking a walk in a few minutes with the muttreivers.
Thanks for the tip Karla about grabbing the paws to keep them from jumping. Geez, he's stubborn.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:57 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Hi all, just checkig in early to say I am about to go work out. Dh came home early-REALLY early, like 9:30 since they 'don't have any work' and here we just stayed at that Hilton over the weekend where they had the wedding reception...

So I am going to hurry and do it/them--I told him DON'T COME IN. Hopefully he will obey! 'er, I mean listen.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Oh, I noticed something and it took me a while to realize why all the leaves seem to have left my back yard, maybe that nasty wind wasn't so bad after all!

okay, I just finished, uninterrupted. 30 min. cardio and arms too.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 04-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: checking in again

Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM

gggrrrrroooooaaannnnnnn.....

oh, mama, I hurt all over my poor old body. First off, I got the chisel out and cleaned the bathrooms, then I raked the back yard (NN has a live oak in her yard and I got 4 huge bags up, but it hardly looks like I did anything), watered the plants, helped DH spread some lava rock on his last big garden, then made a huge turkey dinner. I'm full and achey. Bed can't come soon enuff. See y'all tomorrow.

PS - I think that counts as exercise, don't you?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone. Oh, I noticed something and it took me a while to realize why all the leaves seem to have left my back yard, maybe that nasty wind wasn't so bad after all!

okay, I just finished, uninterrupted. 30 min. cardio and arms too.

or Wednesday maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals