Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

It is going to be a really nice day here

I saw on the news last night that some serious rain storms was going through where Pattie lives oops I only meant to send you our rain not the stormy part

So if it is going to be a "sun shiny" day in your neck of the woods make sure to plan some "outside play time"

Not sure what is going to be on todays schedule yet but I think I am going to be doing some running around with my donation request letters to see if I can get some more items
lol that means I have to do the hair & make-up and dress a little nicer thing yikes !!!

So whats does your day look like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Don't think we will be seeing any sunshine here today. At least it has stopped raining.

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk around the neighborhood this morning.

I imagine that the dining room walls will be the bulk of my day. I have been scrubbing them for 2 days already trying to get the wallpaper residue off. It seems like I can get one wall done per day. It takes forever.

Cheryl I have had about a 50/50 success rate picking out paint colors. I spend a lot of time in front of the samples, I bring samples home, I take tile or carpet samples with me when I go to look at paint. Sometimes I like what I end up with and sometimes I wonder if I was smoking crack when I made the choice. The beauty of paint is that it is under $15/gallon at Wal Mart so if looks really bad it can be re-done. This house is ending up in the beige brigade.

OMG you guys! Sue sent me that fabulous drawing of Shadow. It just got here and it is even more awesome in real life. I am going to have it framed and hang it in my office. Thank you so much Sue!

Last edited by Racelady88; 04-15-2009 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
That is so cool, Evey. What a great drawing and you'll have it forever!

Today I did a Jillian Michaels workout and my arm workout-hers has a lot of arm/weight stuff too, so hopefully I won't have to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup for the rest of the day.

Well, I am off to do some...thing. Have a good day, everybody wherever you are!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Hey everyone!
I hope Pattie is alright. They were some nasty storms. Sign in Pattie and tell us you're ok!
Glad you got the drawing of Shadow, Evey. I hope it wasn't smudged.

Had a great workout this morning. I ran on the treadmill again ... with no pain in my knee. I know I could go further, but I am slowly building up. Cycling seems to be helping a lot.

Went for a nice long walk in the wonderful weather we're currently having. We might hit the high 60s by Friday!

Have a great evening

Old 04-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, all. Sorry, I didn't know that they had said we were in such bad shape yesterday. The storm here wasn't bad. A little rain (a little over 1/4 inch) which we needed badly, a little thunder and lightening and a lot of wind. Glad that wind is gone. It was really scary sounding for a while there, but it was ok.

I wasn't around this morning because we took off and went to Naples for the day. Had I known you were worried about me, I would have signed in before I left.

Anyway, it turned out to be an amazing day. First off, we realized we were way out of our league in Naples. Really ritzy community, there. Every car was a Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW. Oh, we did see one VW bug. Did a little shopping. Naturally, DH had to stop in every bookstore he saw. Found some really nice REAL veggie chips in Fresh Market (he'd never been in one, so I got to show him around).

The highlight of our day was when we happened to see the SW Florida Holocaust Museum. We stopped in on the spur of the moment. What an experience. DH is a real WWII buff, and some of that has rubbed off on me. We met a volunteer there who survived one of the Nazi concentration camps. What an amazing woman. DH hung out in the exhibition a bit longer than I did (we were there for 3 hours!), so I went out into the lobby and she and I had quite the conversation. Len joined us about 15 minutes later and we talked for about another 1/2 hour. What a story she has. She was the only member of her family to survive. So positive. I left in tears. I definitely appreciate every little thing I have even more than before. This woman has a place in heaven, because she has seen h**l on earth.

Anyway....I'll see you in the morning. Sorry to have worried you, Tet.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Glad you're ok Pattie. The holocaust survivors have amazing life stories to tell. We visited some of the concentration camps in Germany. The silence surrounding them, and the feeling you get from being there is hard to describe. Sometimes, it's like you sense the souls of the people who perished around you. Anyway, sorry for getting deep on this subject in this exercise forum.
Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow. I'm going to try running again!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
hey all

pattie it sounds as if you had an amazing experience bring able to meet this extraordinary woman.

well I ended up working out in the garden most of the day, I finally got the 2 new trees planted
I had to move some things around including a couple potted citrus trees lol of course I decided to do it on the day hubby went into the office

I am a little stiff and sore this morning it just amazes me how over the "winter" you can get so out of "yard work shape"

ooo cheryl at Home Depot you can get little sample bottles of the colors your considering I think they are under $4 and are big enough to paint a 2' area that way you could try out a couple different colors on the wall your considering
that way you will see exactly how the color looks in your lighting

I am another fan of color
lol needless to say our house is not very Florida lights & brights I am more the "jewel tone" scheme

ok today is school so let me go get todays threads started

See you all there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals