Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Bah those weatherfolks

They got me all excited with the 60% chance and "heavy rains" forecast
We got nothing but a little sprinkle early this morning
So I will be out there doing some hand watering of the dry parts of the lawn

I noticed while mowing yesterday that the weeds have been having a convention while I was busy with the last minute fundraising stuff so I will grab my gloves and B/A screwdriver and close that convention down lol

I did notice after wearing heels this past weekend that it really gives your calves a good workout hmmm I wonder if I would get strange looks if I mow the lawn in heels

So thats my day, what does yours look like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Karla, send pictures of that lawn mowing in heels thing, would you please? Oh, and what's a B/A screwdriver???

I'm on my way out to do exactly that - weed the garden. We got rain last night. About a minute and a half's worth.

Other than that, I think I'm going to take it easy today. Hang out at the pool for a bit. That's after I put away the dishes from last night's dinner. That's about it for me. Didn't sleep well last night, woke up at 3 a.m., don't know when I got back to sleep, it was well after 4, I know. Woke up at 5:40 for good.

Got a call last night from my mother. My favorite uncle on my father's side passed away day before yesterday. He and his wife have been married forever. Their kids are all older than I am -- in their 60's, so they must have been married close to 70 years. Can you imagine??? Anyway, he was one of the good ones.

Have a great day, all.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Yes Karla, your neighbors will shake their heads if they see you in heels mowing the lawn! I agree that they give your calves a workout, but they bother my feet! Highest heel I wear is about 1/8 of an inch!
Pattie, so sorry for your loss but how lucky those kids were to have their father all those years. I lost my mom when I was 32, just way too young!
Well I guess I have to get the fans blowing because we are having rain again. Maybe I can get it to flow down to both of you. I hate to hear of FL getting that dry, you usually get some good fires going in those conditions.
I have to get my 6 month blood draw from the dr, and then I have to shoot into work. I see a stop at Starbucks though, no coffee for me this am so I am going to make up for it after this blood work is drawn!
Have a good one all!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:58 AM

Cassy, that used to be the worst - not being able to have coffee before bloodwork. That cup right after always tasted sooooo good!

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Sorry to hear you lost your Uncle. They really must have had something special to be married so long.

It's chucking it down here. I'll try and send some your way Karla. I'll have to put off putting my flower baskets up on the deck, since it involves a power tool!

I too want photos of Karla mowing the lawn in high heels. It could be a new fitness trend

I'll be heading to the gym soon. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Is the dining room finished Evey?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Cyber hugs, Pattie.

It is raining here. They are calling for just over 4 inches today. *sighs* I know that rainy season is almost over here and before long I will be wishing for some rain, but sheesh it has rained a lot.

Poor Shadow is all tuckered out from the barn yesterday. We hiked the 85 acres, then she followed my horse as he got to hike the 85 acres. Shadow is taking the day off today.

I anticipate completing the dining room project this afternoon! Whoooo-hoooo!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 AM

Thanks, ladies.

Evey, that'll be a good feeling. Don't you love when a major project finally gets done?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Pattie let me say how sorry I am to hear about your uncle, what a wonderful man he must of been.
((hugs))

Well I just finished so over 3 1/2 hours of weeding and garden stuff has to count for something

eeek lol my sister called she is heading over to the Towne Center and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her to go *gasp* dress shopping
Ahhh too bad I am covered with dirt so will have to pass

a B/A screwdriver is a big as** one lol it makes it easier to get the weed roots out

OK so how come the rain is all up north "ma Nature" must need the batteries in her GPS changed

lol deciding whether or not to shower before sister stops by after she shops I have some plants and tomatos for her

lol I think the look on her face will be well worth the staying stinky for a bit longer

waiting for dining room pictures !!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:49 AM

LOL...thanks. Now I know what B/A is! Stay stinky, then she'll know you weren't kidding.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Pattie, I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle and to have been married that long...wow.

Karla, where's the pics of the heels and the lawn?
Tomorrow is clean up day at one of the lakes so we need some B/A tools here to help.

I worked out with Richard S this morning. This one particular workout also has some floor exercises and arm work at the end.

I'm back to recording what I eat on Sparkpeople. For some reason, that helps me. I used to think it was a bunch of BS to record what you eat but it actually helps. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals