Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 05:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay it is friday !!!

Thank you all for the "feel betters"

I told this "yuck" that it is needs to start listening because my "crew" here on our exercise thread's feel better wishes are going to beat it up !!!

It is following the same pattern as the "yuck" (by settling in my chest) I got when we went to Alaska which ended up as a nasty bronchitis and I ended up on antibiotics so thats
the only reason I am trying them, but if I don't feel better in a day of so I will stop them and break down and call the Doc

lol I am drinking so much water & juice that if you see something floating by it might just be yours truly.

I am not a good sick person so thanks for letting me whine here.

oh before I forget pattie I would love to see a copy of the paper with hubbys plant pictures !!!
lol make sure they give you credit for "maintaining"

I am going to run over and let chaos out I will check back in to see what fun thing you are all up to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, all. Karla, feel better. And,yes, we will come and beat up on your yuck if it doesn't go away soon.

The editor of the little paper called yesterday and left a message on the hubster's phone. He wants him (DH) to write the article. I could do that, so I'll call Howard today and get it rolling. Our paper is available online, so I'll pass along the address when it's done.

Guess we're headed to Costco today. Haven't been since hubster went away. No wonder I saved some $$ this month! Not much else is going on.

Have a great day, all. It's Friday!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Karla, I battle bronchitis every winter myself. Yuck is the right word. Feel better girl!

Shadow & I went for a very long walk this morning. Not sure what got into her, but we hiked all over the place before she headed over to get her cookies.

DH should be home late this evening. My day will consist of cleaning & painting. Gotta make it look like I did something while he was gone.....

Old 05-29-2009, 10:49 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone.
Karla, I think if it's a cold or even if it's bronchitis, you're doing the right thing by drinking liquids.
I worked out with Richard S again today. He's motivational to me and makes it fun. Also yesterday, I broke down and ordered that 'slim in 6' dvd pack. It's a money back guarantee if I don't like it so that was a plus but on the infomercial, it looks like it's a combination of cardio and working muscles so I'll give it a try. I think it's BS that a person can makeover there body in 6 weeks but I'm skeptical until I try it and I'm not expecting to have a perfect beach body in 6 weeks or ever for that matter but I can at least try to be fit and more healthy. I'm not being negative, just realistic. I'm 50 and can't see myself strutting around in a bikini. (Puke)
I got some paint yesterday and some painting tools and then realized today that it might be a good idea to wipe the area down before painting.
I was thinking about getting one of those swiffer sweepers and go around with it. I'm starting with the ceilings.
Didn't mean to write a book here.
Karla, relax and continue to drink liquids.
Happy Friday.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Today I was having a really nice dream that I got a card from Billy and I was trying to read it-which for me is really hard to do in a dream-and I was rudely awakened by one of my nn's DOGS barking at something right outside my window. Nothing like starting off on the wrong foot. But, I hurried [ahem] and worked out then boom-nothing. No cable, no phone, no internet. So, I did't get to check in early to record my workout! I did the shorter cardio and the abs workout from the other day.

Cheryl if you're doing the Richard Simmons and you start that other one, you will see results if you're not already. They say it takes about 5 weeks to start seeing results, so you have a head start just from doing old spangly Richard's.

Karla, it's definitely time to get the yuck outta there, hopefully you'll start feeling better and not be down for the whole weekend. Although you could always grab a couple or ten books and just devour them!

happy Friday everyone.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Song, I live ina 55+ community. You wouldn't believe what I see at the pool. Don't some of these people have mirrors? 60+ women, well into the obese area, wearing bikinis. Last week, I saw a 70-something man, also overweight, in a (gagging) speedo bikini. OMG, it was horrible.

fuzzy's right - you start seeing results in about 5-6 weeks.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:25 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Hey everyone! It is gorgeous here in Colorado today! I was up early this morning doing upper body. I think I might have overdone it with the chest flies, though. Ouch! Two mile easy run, and then an hour at the lap pool loosening things up. I'm trying to get rid of my farmer's tan, so I can start wearing some sleeveless tops to show off all my hard work.

Picked up the kids from school, and now we're off to swim team practice. Catch you tomorrow....FC

Old 05-29-2009, 10:24 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
I just got back from a long trip, utah for 10 days and colorado for 4. Did I exercise....No but I didn't gain any weight.
Today was my first day back at the gym. My son and daughter-en-law are visiting from Texas so I took them along. It was my first time trying this new eliptical (well maybe it's not new, but it was new to me) where it's like a stair stepper too....wow that was a work out.
I am going to keep back on track with getting to the gym on a regular basis, now that I am back to working part time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals