Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday !!!

Pulling out the walk away the pounds DVD for todays exercise enjoyment
I was thinking you know how walking in heels really give your legs a work out , well I got to thinking if I wore heels during the workout won't that be a double workout

Another benefit would be no laces for you know who to chase

Going to be another scorcher today the news keeps talking about the mosquito problem we are having around town from all of the rain we have had the past 2 weeks
I am going to go around and make sure that we don't have any standing water out in the back

Not sure what else I am going to do today yet ?

Are you all "sweltering" in your neck of the woods ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 08:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Yep. Sweltering here, too, Karla. Going to be a hot week - 94. Rain is supposed to calm down a bit, tho. Good thing, too. It's killed a couple of plants, including my beautiful gerber daisy. Bummer.

Careful about working out in those heels, Karla. Wearing heels too much will shorten a muscle or tendon in the leg, it's not a good thing.

Oh, this is the exercise thread, isn't it???

Walked to the gym, did 20 min. weights, walked back the long way. We picked up the pace today, too.

Oh, don't worry about me tomorrow. I have to take the hubster to the Bay Pines VA clinic. We're leaving around 6, and it's going to take all day, so I won't be around. Not a fun way to spend one's 14th wedding anniversary, but what can ya do? I'd much rather go out to dinner. Maybe we'll find a nice place during our travels.

Have a great day, everyone. Hugs to you all.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
We've been having a few gloomy and rainy days here. It's kinda chilly this morning again. I'm waiting for the driveway people to show up. We're having it resealed. I'm wondering now if they're going to come. More rain is in the forecast, and the temps aren't exactly great for drying the sealer. Not to worry ... I'm going up north this afternoon with a friend for a few hours to take some photos of whatever I find that interests me!

Have a wonderful day and keep up the great workouts!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I have that dvd on walking but haven't done it lately. Day 4 for slim in 6 today. I've actually stuck to something now for 4 days in a row. I know that's not much yet but my pattern is to do something and maybe not do much the next day and back and forth, blah blah blah so I'm really hoping to stick this out without excuses.
Nice to see ya back Tet.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Way to go cheryl, keep it up and keep your log [if you want to call it that] on here. Then you can have incentive to stick with it-we can all see how you're doing!

Last night I saw the Colbert Report from Baghdad! It's a USO tour and it is the first one EVER in Iraq. Can you believe that? So, I wrote Billy an email afterwards and told him about it. I don't know how 'in the loop' people are over there as far as news, and there aren't any reporters in Iraq. Oh, and he got the package with the "Hugs" project, and other stuff I sent but I haven't heard anything else but a big "THANKS!!!" I think he's really busy over there and it's hard to get time to write. Unfortunately.

Well, have a good day everybody. Pattie, that's funny! Just tell him you're not hard of hearing, you just practice selective/elective listening! My husband doesn't 'hear me' a lot of the time, but if I mumble something under my breath from the other side of the house, he hears it just fine. Go figure!

Welcome back Tet. Don't be a stranger.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Yay, glad Billy got the package. I hope he and his buddies enjoy it.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:35 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Glad to hear Billy got his package, and also glad you have a way to kinda keep up with him. My brother was in Viet Nam and Mom would go from month to month waiting for the mail man. My how times change.
Went to the gym today to work off "work related stress", some people are just so hateful! Don't get me wrong I have always worked with the public, but this type of service just brings out the worst in people. Guess just a sign of the times! Oh and to top it off the ceiling fan fell out of the ceiling tonight and was just hanging by the wires! I thought Cassy was going to have a heart attack when it fell! Lucky she was not hurt by the flying glass. If I had a beer I would drink it!
Hubby is watching the Detroit Red Wings play and is enjoying, so I am going to sign off and get in a warm tub!
Have a good night all.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Happy to hear Billy got his package.

Sandy, I keep fearing the ceiling fan will fall one day even though it looks okay, I wonder when it's going fast if it will spin out of control and fall while I'm sleeping. LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 06:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Yay I am glad Billy liked the hugs !!!

ok lol add me to the list of wondering about the ceiling fan folks.

When we built this house I made sure they put in extra heavy duty fan braces in the ceilings

Now if someone would invent self cleaning ceiling fans !!!!

I had to chuckle over the selective hearing

I sometimes ramble on in real life and I swear at time certain folks just aren't paying attention so I came up with a "test" I may throw in a really off the wall statement or question rofl then I get the "what did you say ? " look
then I start laughing and say "see I knew you weren't paying attention"

tet if you would like you can send down some of the chilly weather it is already 80 this morning

Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM

My personal fan fear is that it's going to catch fire and shoot it at me. Dumb, I know. Karla, you have to clean them????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals