Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

lol I am a little day confused yesterday felt like Saturday I guess because my FIL was here and he usually comes to visit on Sat

So I guess I will be confused all weekend

I have no idea what we are going to do today well other than figure out where to go for breakfast lol my FIL doesn't think I should cook !!!

I am in this little fantasy world of somehow my clothes will sort themselves for the trip next week

So what will you be doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
That's a great FIL who thinks his DIL shouldn't cook!

I've had similar feelings about packing for my trip, Karla. I leave Wednesday and won't be back till 7/17. When do you leave and for how long?

No exercise today. I dreamt Freddy Kruger was chasing me all night long and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed to walk this a.m. Don't you hate nights like that?

More missions today. Going to Wally WOrld for a new towel bar and a couple other things, then to HD to pick up the faucet for our upcoming kitchen, then onto the library to check out consumer reports on refrigerators.

Have a great day!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:51 AM

lol pattie I leave thurs am and get back sunday night
I couldn't imagine packing for 2 weeks !!!

Chaos says hello to everyone

Old 06-27-2009, 07:23 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Packing for two weeks is not bad Karla, everyone I visit has laundry that I do for them and throw mine in with them (daughters)
I am off to the gym after posting and then to the farmers market. LOL, I will be quite ripe by the time I get back here!
I am into a three day weekend, we have our birthdays off at our work, they are a holiday!
Well all the gym is calling and I really have to push myself to get up there, so as long as I hear it I best go.
Have a great Saturday.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:54 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Packing, ugh!

It is about 5 degrees cooler here this morning and I was hoping to find some bunnies for Shadow to chase. Boy, was I surprised to find 3 deer standing in the park behind my house! They were eating mulberries at the far end of the park. Mickey was not sure she wanted to play with them, but Shadow had a ball. First she thought about chasing them but they did not run. Then one made eye contact with her and they both just stood there for the longest time staring at each other. Eventually the deer sort of wandered off down the hill & then Shadow decided to go investigate. She was down there for a good 10 minutes while I stood there and ate some mulberries (fingers are now purple). Now Shadow & Mickey are both plopped on the ceramic tile in the kitchen trying to unwind.

My goal for the day is to finish painting the windows. Not sure it is a realistic goal, but I am going to give it a shot.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
I didn't have Freddie chasing me, but I didn't sleep for squat! YAWN.

I'm eagerly awaiting the rain that they promised us today. Not one drop so far. Mind you, the weather center has managed to botch up our forecasts for the last week or so!

I did some gardening this morning. I looked like an old, old woman trying to get up from pulling weeds. I'm sure I gave the neighbors a good laugh. I think I'm going to leave the mulch to my hubby. Speaking of which ... if you love the enviroment, try and stay away from cypress mulch. There's a big debate on the effect harvesting the cypress trees is having on our wetlands. I for one am going to use pine mulch until I know more on the subject.

Hopefully all you guys will have a wonderful day, packing, painting and all that other fun stuff you guys get up to!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Ok, a couple of thoughts here-first of all, I think it depends on WHY the FIL doesn't want Karla to cook! Like, is your specialty Pop Tarts?

Second, Evey, bring Shadow to my neighborhood. I have never seen so many rabbits in my life. I have an arsenal like you wouldn't believe to try to protect my flowers after all the damage they've done already. Notice I don't call them bunnies anymore?

I don't care for the bottom freezers but it would mean that my dh would stop banging his head on the freezer compartment when he stands up from putting something away---oh wait, I mean getting something out. He never puts anything away.

So, I did the 30 min. cardio, have a graduation party to go to this afternoon, and I am hoping I don't forget to feed my neighbor's dogs before we leave!

Have a good Saturday everybody

Old 06-27-2009, 12:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Well, Happy Birthday Weekend, Sandy! I hope it's a good one.

I don't mind the packing part. It's the unpacking I really don't like.

Tet, I know what you mean....I'm sure the neighbors laugh at me every time we come back from our walk. I bend over to pick up my paper and it's a real chore trying to get back up again!

WE did some more comparison shopping and also went to the library to check on consumer reports about the fridges. Was really disappointed in their reporting on them - not much info at all.

Fuzzy, here's a reminder - don't forget to feed the neighbor's dogs!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:27 AM

sandy how cool that you get the day off for you birthday
which day is your birthday ?

lol fuzzy I am always hitting my head on the kitchen cabinets even popped my self once or twice on the microwave door during the "birdseed nuking " experience

tet I am a big fan of pine bark I changed from cypress after reading it was not so much a renewable product and also I find it "mats" down and water doesn't flow though as well

Evey what is a mulberry would this be something I would like ?

Pattie one thing you can do is google "problems xzy refrig" or even start a thread over in I think house on what folks have what they like and don't like
We love our LG french door but the only complaint is the ice bin for the ice maker dispenser is too small
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals