Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Today they replace all the screen in C/D pool screen cage so I will be back and forth supervising please please don't let it rain

lol I am thinking about showing up in my hard hat , the crew doing the work has a pretty good sense of humor so I think they will get a kick out of it

When they are done there they are stopping here to replace the 3 screen panels in our screenroom that "something" (I don't think I really want to know what) chewed a hole in.

I am going to head out to Sam's when they open at 7 to get water, ice & gatorade for the crew cause it is going to be a hot one.

As long as it is not to hot I may walk back & forth instead of driving which will cover my exercise for the day

What fun things do you have planned for today ?

p.s. had anyone heard from tet ?
I hope everything is ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 06:00 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning!
It is errand day for me today and that will be my exercise. Hopefully I can make it up to the pool too.
These little kitties I am feeding are soooo cute! I'm trying to find homes for them, it appears that we don't have rescues here although I am not giving up on trying to find one. I'm not too sure I could catch the Mom and Dad cats, they seem pretty skittish but then again they might come to me if they realize that I am the one feeding them.
Dinner out last night was wonderful, we have this local restaurant with the best bbq, they are packed all the time with a waiting list. Anyway it was good and I over indulged in rib eye and drinks Running a little slow here.
Have a great day all.
Tet, where are you?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:51 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our walk this morning.

Sue posted on Facebook a couple of days ago. It sounds like she is still having problems with her back.

I am thrilled to say that most of the wood floor in the upstairs looks amazing. Today I will start on the downstairs.......

Old 07-18-2009, 08:10 AM

thanks for the up date on tet evey

I didnt realize you were scraping wood floors
yikes that is a project

are you going to rent one of those big floor sanders lol believe it or not I have used one of then

sandy my brother caught his by moving the food bowls a little closer to the house every other day

well went to sams then headed over to C/D house got him fed and out and the screen guys arrived wow they work fast !! by the time I left maybe 45 mins later they had all the screen from the roof off

lol the painter just called he wants to know if he can start painting the house today so I am going to meet him in 40 mins to open the garage so he can get the paint

it is going to be very busy over there today

Old 07-18-2009, 08:24 AM

ok Ms Pattie
you have had enough bonding time with hubby lol where are you !!!

Old 07-18-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

I didnt realize you were scraping wood floors
yikes that is a project

are you going to rent one of those big floor sanders lol believe it or not I have used one of then
Yep, scraping by hand with a 2" razor scraper. We talked about using a sander, but it throws sooooo much dust everywhere and you still have to do the corners & edges by hand. Corners & edges are where most of the gunk that needs scraping happens to be. So we are doing it the hard way.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Morning everyone.

Karla, it's nice to have a crew with a sense of humor. I like that in a person.

Tet, post and let us know how your back is.

Sandy, my MIL traps cats all the time by putting food in a crate and then she takes them to the vet and has them fixed and brings them home. She's the cat lady. Some stay and some leave.

No major exercise for me today. Brandi is limping so she may have been overwalked yesterday. She did a 5 mile walk. I'm still trying to figure out how dogs of that breed used to pull sleds but they are at high risk for sore joints.
Anyway, she enjoyed the walk yesterday and that might not have anything to do with it but her and I will skip the walk today.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Yes Patti, enough! I keep running back to here looking for your post
Song, I would be a cat lady if hubby would let me, he shakes his head when I feed these little guys but I can't help it, they were living off garbage! The Mom and Dad cats have to be caught otherwise they will start their own little community of unwanted cats, I just can't bring myself to call the pond on them because not too many are being adopted right now. wish your MIL was here

Old 07-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, everybody! It's SOOOO good to be home!

I see some new "faces" here lately. Welcome to our little group. As you can see, it's a pretty terrific bunch of folks here.

Thanks all for missing me. I missed you all too. As Karla mentioned, I was able to lurk, but not to post. Mom's computer wouldn't allow me to do it. I would have had to add cookies, but it wouldn't be nice for me to do that to her, so I waited till I came home.

Someone asked about the new kitchen. That won't be done for about a month yet, so the house is still in chaos. Lowes emailed us this week and said we should see the cabinets in about a week (they deliver directly to our house), so installation should start soon after that. Can't wait! The refrigerator is humongous, tho! I'm going to regret that I agreed to black. I had to "dust" it when I got home today.

When I arrived home, DH took me right to the bedroom (get your minds out of the gutter!) and I thought he wanted me to see the new carpeting. He opened the door and there, right in front of me was an absolutely gorgeous new bedroom suite! Cherry finish. Sleigh bed. new dressers, nightstands, etc. Even a 2=step "stair" for me to climb up into the bed since it's so tall and I'm so short! I cried. What a nice thing for him to do. guess he's a keeper, huh?

So today, I haven't been online because the 1st thing I had to do was clean up the old fridge so the lady down the street could have it, then we went to Penney's for new sheets and drapes.

I'm one lucky gal, let me tell you.

Oh, exercise?? Yep. Mom and I walked a few days last week and yesterday I walked all over JFK terminal #5 so I wouldn't fall asleep and miss my flight (not much sleep the night before).

Lots to do around the house, so I probably won't be online a lot, but I will definitely drop in on my exercise buddies daily.

Hugs to you all and thanks for being my friends. Oh, and welcome to Brandi!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Welcome back Pattie! Missed you lots!

Wow! I love new furniture. I am jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals