Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Scout is a really good dog, very friendly , very quiet but let me tell you she is a bit weird

At her house she is the only pet so my sister leaves her food bowl down all day so she can " graze"

Well lol that isn't happening at this house with Miss Lola around, she feels if there is food in a bowl and a dog is not standing right in front of it, it is fair game

So Scout will stand in front of her bowl take a mouthful then lay down next to the bowl put the food on the carpet and then eat as long as I am sitting on the couch next to her, then will stand get another mouthful rinse & repeat
Lola stands right behind her in case 1 piece should happen to "roll" in her direction

Well I guess this morning Lola was a little more annoying than usual and I was sitting at the desk, because I say Scout head for the livingroom
I got up and lol she had taken he mouthful there hoping to eat in peace
rofl well yeah because the minute she left her bowl unguarded guess where Lola headed

lol yeah I think I am good on just having 2 dogs

Not sure yet what today will bring they are saying rain will be early today so I may run to the grocery store after I let Chaos out this morning to pick up a few things

What is everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Don't you just love animals ... whether they're raiding your feeders or dog bowls! A friend set up a camera on their feeders when they kept disappearing. Turned out it was big black bear!

How is the horse doing, Evey?

Got a relatively good workout done yesterday. Little stiff at the moment, but I'm going walking today. I want to take it easy while I get back into the groove.

Most of my day will be spent catching up on housework.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning all!
It's raining here to Karla, but not all day storms. Sunday night we had a big one come though, Cassy was funny/pathetic in her attempts to hide her head from the boomers
Another day at Legal Services and then home to hubby, that is what my day looks like. Maybe it will be clear enough to get out for a long walk with Cassy tonight, I feel more like that then the gym.
lol Karla, my Boston and Cocker used to play that food dish game! The Cocker was one fat little girl and she thought all food bowls were for her personal being, the Boston thought she owned everyone and everything in the house..quite the match!
Have a good one all, it is nearing the working hour.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey & I dodged the raindrops this morning to make our cookie run.

Sue, the horse is not doing so good. We are not sure how he did it, but he has several deep punctures in his hock and a crack in the bone. We did everything we could to keep the swelling down, but the leg is huge and since the injury site is on a joint he is unable to bend the leg. No amount of medication or hydra therapy seems to be making a difference. The vet is coming back out this morning and we are guessing he will insert a drain. Naturally this is one of the very nice show horses who was supposed to head out for a big rated show next week. Now we are just hoping we don't end up with a septic leg.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Oh, Evey, I hope it works out with the horse.

Karla, that sounds more like a kitty trick (food out of bowl, down on floor) than a doggie one! LOL.. 2 of our 4 do it all the time. Makes me want to cover the entire floor with plastic!

OK, back to my boob issues. Had the follow up last week. Even tho the spots have been exactly the same size, in the exact same locations for 13 years, "they" have decided I need to have an MRI, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I DESPISE those stupid machines. Guess who wants to come and install the cabinets tomorrow? Yep. Mikey. So my friend/neighbor Millie is taking me while Len stays here. To add to my stress (I'm all worked up over going into this stupid thing), the dr's office was supposed to mail me a prescription for something to "take the edge off". Has it arrived? Of course not. They were also supposed to call me to tell me whether my insurance co. has approved the procedure. Have they done that? No. So I called them 1st thing this a.m. I hate this office. "I'll give Kelly the message and she'll return your call." Yeh, right. I've been here in FL for 2 years now and I'm still not used to the way they do things here. There's never any sense of urgency. If I don't hear from her by noon, I'm calling again. I'm not going into that machine without drugs and without knowing that my insurance will cover it.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.

Oh, BTW.... I finally used my CD gift card from Overstock.com. I ordered a Roman Shade for our kitchen window and 2 Euro sized pillows to go with our comforter set.

Have a great day, everyone. Hugs to you all.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Oh yeah, dogs are strange sometimes and especially over food and snacks.

Evey, I'm hoping the vet can help your horse get better.

Pattie, my rant on that is they scare you to death over the issue and it's like they laugh it off when nothing's wrong. Been there too. They need more of a bedside manner.

I usually don't drink alot of beer or booze but I had a couple too many last night at a party and I feel weird today so no exercise for me.

Tomorrow's a new day. Happy Wed. everyone.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Nothing overly strenuous for me either, but I did an upper and a lower body workout. We were walking down the sidewalk in front of the grocery store yesterday, D(s)H pushing the cart loaded with things like a 30 pack of beer, a 20 pound bag of cat litter, etc. and plowed into me, the back of my heel/foot and I didn't want to do anything that would rub on that and take any more skin off.

I would be fuming mad, Pattie. If they won't give you something, take a bottle of hooch in there with you.

Have a good rest ofthe day all.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Nothing overly strenuous for me either, but I did an upper and a lower body workout. We were walking down the sidewalk in front of the grocery store yesterday, D(s)H pushing the cart loaded with things like a 30 pack of beer, a 20 pound bag of cat litter, etc. and plowed into me, the back of my heel/foot and I didn't want to do anything that would rub on that and take any more skin off.

I would be fuming mad, Pattie. If they won't give you something, take a bottle of hooch in there with you.
Have a good rest ofthe day all.
Now that would be funny.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I thought of that, fuzzy, but the dr. said no. She has no sense of humor. But I did get some major drugs to take, so I should be fine. Thanks, all, for thinking of me. OH, and ouch on the heel/grocery cart thing. Sorry.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:57 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
ouch on the heel thingy.
Evey hope the horse will recover, I don't know much about them but they are such beautiful creatures.
Patti, hope all goes well,, we had that kind of response in NC and I hated it. The nurse would call with results and tell me to call back and I could never get a person, only an answering machine. Lots better in Al
Have a good night, raindrops are not falling yet but I think they are moving in.
Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals