Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times

Advertisements

Sending out Happy Birthday wishes to one of our favorite hubbys !!!

Hoping the day is filled with wonderful surprises

Ya know with all these birthdays I keep looking in my kitchen for cake !!!!

I have the furniture repair guy coming from the warranty company to take a look at the arms of the sofa today

Hubby went into the office because it will be a lot quieter than being here lol

I will probably get some weeding done before he gets here he is scheduled between 9 & 11

Maybe some ellipticaling later

So Pattie what time should we show up tonight for the "party" !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,773 times
Yes Patti what time, I'm going to have to leave now if I want cake
Morning all! It is sooooo beautiful here today, going back up in the 90's tho but at least I enjoyed my part of the morning
Hopefully after work I can hit the gym, after short walk with Cassy and making dinner! Whew sounds like a day!
Have a wonderful day with birthday guy Patti.
Karla what is wrong with sofa arms?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Hey sandy
whew lol I did some serious weeding and "I don't want this here anymore" pruning
4 bags later

The top of the arms seem to be sinking in
They were our last Nov to fix the one arm and now not only is the top of the other arm sinking but the repair is also sinking

There might be a couple "special karla" phone calls before this is done lol which is another reason hubby went into the office

Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,175,007 times
Morning peeps!

Happy Birthday Len!

It is in the 60's here right now on the way to 90 later. Ugh! I was liking the cooler temps.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. Poor Shadow is all tuckered out from being at the barn yesterday. She has gone back to bed.

One of the nicer restaurants here in town (the pricey one that regular folks don't go to because they can't afford it) has started a new thing. They are normally closed on Mondays but have started opening their "balcony" area at 4:30 Mondays for hamburgers, hot dogs, brats off the grill for $2 and domestic beer for $1.75. 3 of us went last night. Between us we had 6 burgers, 5 ears of the very best sweet corn on the planet, 2 beers, and 2 sodas for a whopping bill of $24. The man who grew the corn picked some into the bed of his truck, loaded his grill, and came out to cook. In was pretty nice and we will go again.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,212,720 times
Hubster says thanks for the b'day wishes, everybody. Not sure if we're doing anything at all today. He didn't get to sleep till after 3 a.m. and was up by 7 this a.m. so all he's into right now is just kind of hanging around. We may go out to pick up an ice cream cake, tho. Is that good for you, Sandy??

Karla....are you doing something you shouldn't be on that sofa???? Hmmmmm

Evey, that sounds like a lot of fun. Love brats off the grill. Oh, and beer, too.

Stupid server has been down all morning, so I haven't been able to get on. Ggggrrrr.

DH called this office this morning about the paving. Apparently, their machine broke down and now they're looking for a new one, so we won't get paved for at least a few more days now. Would have been nice if someone had told us that.

Y'all have a great day.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,355,606 times
I've never come over to the exercise threads because I figured that y'all would be umm you know umm like exercising.

But if eating birthday cake is part of the plan maybe I should reconsider

Any way Happy Birthday Mr NMS and many healthy returns of the day.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,175,007 times
Welcome zugor!

We all share our physical activities for the day and help keep each other motivated. Some days we would like to share cake, but we all live so far apart that all we can do is talk about cake.

Some regulars in this forum are very good about their exercise routines and some are like me and consider being dragged all over the neighborhood by an 85 pound dog, toting laundry up & down 2 flights of stairs, mowing the yard, etc. to be exercise. Whatever your exercise style you are more than welcome to join us!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
I've never come over to the exercise threads because I figured that y'all would be umm you know umm like exercising.

But if eating birthday cake is part of the plan maybe I should reconsider

Any way Happy Birthday Mr NMS and many healthy returns of the day.
lol well we do exercise but we are pretty expanded in what counts

lol
mow the lawn
clean the house
take the dog for a walk
etc
it's exercise
we have no set rules
the motivation level is terrific

It really is a great
the bestest is how we have evolved into such a great group of friends

oh and every once in awhile we have special days

hmm it has been awhile since our last one

ok the sofa guy came and the arms of the sofa are all fixed
the support underneath gave way
and I didn't have to make any phone calls !!!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,355,606 times
Thanks for the kind welcome.

I think I will lurk here for a bit, read and see I can't acquire some inspiration and motivation via osmosis.

Or GUILT. Whatever works.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,497,161 times
ok today I did the thirty minute cardio, and my neighbor is taking me to the pet groomer-well, Mystic too but shhhh! Then, who knows.

Welcome zugor-I can see where you got the crazy notion that there might be talk of exercise on here. There is, but lots of other stuff too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals